v2.2.9 Development

z929669

I also did that for my main profile when I made the switch from SoS to AoS. AoS distant howls are definitely mo' better so if RWH is a keeper for 2.2.9, maybe a note about it should be put.

About the Practice Dummies mod from MM, it should be noted that STEP does NOT cover King Olaf's Elegy at all, and you can really see how bloody horrendous it looks if you open the image in a new window.

Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp should probably be removed as a master on the STEP Patch.  I'll be updating WAF in the near future, and there's a chance that the file name is going to change to "Weapons and Armor Fixes_Remade.esp."  There shouldn't be anything in the patch that's actually referencing the WAF file (is there?) so it should be a simple matter of going into TES5Edit and removing it as a master. 

Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp should probably be removed as a master on the STEP Patch.  I'll be updating WAF in the near future, and there's a chance that the file name is going to change to "Weapons and Armor Fixes_Remade.esp."  There shouldn't be anything in the patch that's actually referencing the WAF file (is there?) so it should be a simple matter of going into TES5Edit and removing it as a master. 

I did already know you were getting ready to update and I'll get new patches out quickly when that happens. Are you also changing C&CF.esp to remove the ampersand as well?

EDIT: Almost forgot to ask about WAF, CCF, and CCOR. Which would you suggest we use for weapon, armor, clothing, clutter stats?

The reason I'm looking at renaming the file is because I'm trying to get an installer set up for WAF and all it's optional files.  Apparently FOMOD installers don't like ampersands in file names.  I hadn't really thought about CCF.  I suppose I might rename CCF just to keep it consistent (I might be a tiny bit obsessive about consistency), but I really hesitate to change the file name for no better reason than that since I know it will throw up warning messages for existing games, and I'll end up getting a ton of questions about it.

CCOR stats should take priority over both of the other two.  CCF changes should take priority over WAF

Sorry if this has already been brought up but just a quick glance at the changelog I see no mention of it so...

I'm setting up a side character, finally trying out SkyRe. Making sure I hadn't missed anything from the guide when I created my character back in December. A few points:

1) HD Misc: Only one texture (practicedummy01.dds) used from this mod, all others get overwritten by Tobes Highres Textures. Personally, I have always used Practice Dummies and King's Olaf Elegy HD by MM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

2) Skyrim Distant Detail HF has 359 dirty edits, of which there is no mention. Is this really a mod for STEP?

4) Even though it has been removed for 2.2.9, perhaps a note should be added to More Salt Please with the legend "STEP Patches users do NOT install this mod. It is already included in the STEP Patches." since 2.2.9 is not yet released?

Make sure there is a thread for the mod and promote it!

I removed the distant folder from Realistic wolves which contains the files that overwrite AOS, and so now I get the arguably better distant howls from AOS with the sounds from RW - the best of both worlds.

::):

Might be a good idea. I'd have to test.

Snip/  Apparently FOMOD installers don't like ampersands in file names. /snip

You can keep the name the same. You'll just have to use ( & ) instead of just ( & ).

Alright, so I'm doing a little addition to the STEP Patches. Basically, I want to now include a plugin that can be used by just about everyone. The only requirements are Skyrim, Dragonborn, and SMIM (only the meshes and stuff, no plugins, just disable them or hide them or delete them) or Skyrim, Hearthfire, Dragonborn, and SMIM (same thing no plugins).

This will allow people that don't use the STEP Patches to at least have something to reduce load order by about 9 plugins I believe.

• SMIM-FarmhouseFlickingFix.esp (not included in the plugin, but is included in Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp)
  • SMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
  • SMIM-DragonbornTernFix.esp
  • SMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp
  • SMIM-ShackRoofFixes.esp
  • SMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.esp
  • dD - No Spinning Death Animation.esp
  •   More Salt Please.esp (leveled list version of More Salt Please included, so mod isn't necessary anymore)
  • More Salt Please - Dragonborn addon.esp (same as above)
  • Slightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp

The HF version only forwards some stuff that increases compatibility. They are technically ITMs, but it will stop other mods from overwriting important records that HF needs.

I know a couple users that don't use the STEP Patches, so this will help them and also stop people from bothering me about removing dependencies from the STEP Patches. Anyways, if you don't use the STEP Patches, try one of these out and let me know if you like them: https://copy.com/Ci2RhL1XqSDj

P.S. Do not redistribute, point people to the link I posted since I have permission for using the SMIM plugins. Either that or point people to my github page.

Oh you're right. I am confusing it with salt found in random containers. I've actually never seen salt on a vendor, which is what that mod does (haven't used it for ages).

So, yes, please, I am sure there are enough people out there who would appreciate such patch.