v2.2.9 Development

z929669

I get what you saying about cache integrity. You leave the vanilla files in your data folder and then put all the modified files in the MO/mods folder. This lets MO load everything properly on startup and steam to not redownload everything when he game cache is verified. Is that right?

None. There are several things we are hashing out. Some of which require learning new things for the Team as well. Things operate more organically around here instead of on a linear timeline and path so it could be next month...it could be 3 months.

Thanks for the reply. This forum is really unique :D

Yes one of the things is how we're handling BSAs and some side projects that if they cne through and work as intended will make it even easier (and faster) to download and install the mods you need for the guide.

Sounds interesting :D

Sorry if this has already been brought up but just a quick glance at the changelog I see no mention of it so...

I'm setting up a side character, finally trying out SkyRe. Making sure I hadn't missed anything from the guide when I created my character back in December. A few points:

1) HD Misc: Only one texture (practicedummy01.dds) used from this mod, all others get overwritten by Tobes Highres Textures. Personally, I have always used Practice Dummies and King's Olaf Elegy HD by MM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

2) Skyrim Distant Detail HF has 359 dirty edits, of which there is no mention. Is this really a mod for STEP?

4) Even though it has been removed for 2.2.9, perhaps a note should be added to More Salt Please with the legend "STEP Patches users do NOT install this mod. It is already included in the STEP Patches." since 2.2.9 is not yet released?

Edited by phryxolydian

I removed the distant folder from Realistic wolves which contains the files that overwrite AOS, and so now I get the arguably better distant howls from AOS with the sounds from RW - the best of both worlds.

::):