v2.2.8 Development

TechAngel85

Given that nobody is going to provide testing feedback on my previous post that I have glaringly placed in everyone's faces to no avail, I have made an executive decision and edited the ENBoost mod note according to what I know to be the simplest way for users to get a nice working config (assuming that everyone will achieve a result similar to my own or at least a result as good as or better than using any other settings).

The mod note is not meant as a starting config for ENB, but for STEP and other config recommendations in the new guide.

The ENB Guide will also need to jive better with this (not necessarily reflecting, but definitely not contradicting), but I will leave that to folks that have been working on that guide.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah dammit. I really wanted to do the testing on that' date=' but I have my family over on the weekend, and one major exam coming up soon after :-/[/quote']

Nooo problem. Please do so at your convenience. I want more to confirm that it is broadly applicable ... or not. I also think it might be a revelation for some and change their experience drastically. It was for me.

z, I'm not sure what exactly what kind of feedback you're looking for, but on the matter of the vsync, I can say that running ENBoost with the FPS limiter alone used to cause stuttering for me, but I got rid of it by disabling the FPS limiter and enabling V sync instead.

As for my system, I'm using a 60Hz monitor and

- With AMD Radeon HD 6870 (1GB VRAM) + an old STEP Install : stutters when using FPS limiter, no noticeable problems with V-Sync + limiter/ V-Sync alone. (This was a while ago, back when ENBoost was still new-ish)

- With AMD Radeon R9 280X (3GB VRAM) + current SR:LE with added mods : Didn't even bother to try the FPS limiter due to previous experience, and had no problems with those settings either :

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

@z: Are we supposed to do that testing on Vanilla+USKP or Step 2.2.8? If step then this would be a small pita - I'd most likely create whole new mods/ for this' date=' separate from SR:LE[/quote']

Any setup is fine

z' date=' I'm not sure what exactly what kind of feedback you're looking for, but on the matter of the vsync, I can say that running ENBoost with the FPS limiter alone used to cause stuttering for me, but I got rid of it by disabling the FPS limiter and enabling V sync instead.

Correct, we are not advising FPS limit but rather vsync via ENBoost.

As for my system, I'm using a 60Hz monitor and

- With AMD Radeon HD 6870 (1GB VRAM) + an old STEP Install : stutters when using FPS limiter, no noticeable problems with V-Sync + limiter/ V-Sync alone. (This was a while ago, back when ENBoost was still new-ish)

- With AMD Radeon R9 280X (3GB VRAM) + current SR:LE with added mods : Didn't even bother to try the FPS limiter due to previous experience, and had no problems with those settings either :

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0
[/quote']

Perfect. that is what we recommend in the new guide.

@admin and Mods,

I know there's a lot to do but I hope you guy have been able to keep up with the anthology threads. There's a lot going on over there that will probably affect the Guide and STEP mods.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk.

Pretty sure I've made note to address them, or already taken care of it for 2.2.8. Might need to make it current for 2.2.7 as well, though.

Should we mention that the enblocal.ini changes in the new guide should be used vs. the ones in ENBoost 5.0 on Nexus?

I think we should just say 'don't use the nexus ENBoost' and then users will just use the STEP instructions we provide them. This will help if we ever decide to turn on any effects... *cough* shadows *cough*... *cough* SSS *cough*...

Maybe we could bug Aiyen to make a very minimalist profile that only has shadows and parallax and very little performance cost.

The Conflicting Graphics section has you install "Enhanced Distant Terrain 2"

Then in the following Landscape & Environment section, you are then asked to install the older "Enhanced Distant Terrain" mod. I am guessing this is a mistake? :)