v2.2.8 Development

TechAngel85

I know nothing about the SOS patches.

Sounds good if you can package it in fashion that both Wrye Bash and Mod Organizer will recognize it as BAIN format. I restructured my Skyrim Redesigned download that way, and that makes reinstalling it a breeze.

I've added the warning about the STEP Patches, not to activate until completely finished installing STEP, and I've added the plugin ordering notes. Shall try to incorporate notes about Bash, FNIS, and DSR if I find time. I have to leave in 15 minutes.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I removed the SoS Patch directions from the Patches page. It is just not compatible enough with STEP anymore to even support it's use.

Structure the archive like this:

• 00 Core Patch (ONLY Choose One)
  • 01 Extended Patch (ONLY Choose One)
  • Readme.txt
That would produce the best results.

How about also dropping the SOS patch since those mods are not in STEP anymore. You can no longer use that patch along with STEP Core and I do provide support for that patch since it would basically be a SOS-AOS-USKP patch, which pretty much exists on the AOS patches page. I'm going to removing that patch from the Github page soon, since it cannot work with STEP unless users are installing legacy version for some reason.

Lets distribute the to patches in WB style and make the two folders 00 Core Patch (ONLY Choose One) and 01 Extended Patch (ONLY Choose One). This will help immensely as so many people just browse right over the ten places it says to only choose one patch. If we put it in the install screen then that would cut that number down drastically.

EDIT: Should add DoubleYou to the credits too!

I am inclined to simply package each of your patches separately. It should be obvious how to use then, given your ReadMe, the STEP Patch 'mod' instructions and the Nexus descriptions I am about to load now .... Also, users should only use one, but even if they for some reason used both, it would not matter (unless they did not install Extended). If they both exist in a BAIN installer, then far more people would wind up installing both I think

Yes, I will be definitely polishing up the User contributions area, noting the immense help of SoubleYou and EssArrBee this release ;)

Agree that the STEP Patches should be 'installed' last, but that it does not matter much, since there are no resource conflicts with the patches. They must be sorted and activated accordingly only. (do we have a not in to the BOSS team about these patches? They should always be installed last, just before the Bashed Patch.)

@EssArrBee

You will need to train me in maintaining your patches, just in case you win the lottery or something. It is always good to have a backup ;)

@DoubleYou

I agree with all of your proposed methods, so if you are inclined to make those updates ...

EDIT:

Also, we desperately need representative screens of STEP 2.2.8. Something more than just landscape screens. Any volunteers or ideas about getting them?