v2.2.8 Development

TechAngel85

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for not scraping all that work on the Inspector guide and just moving it over to an Advanced tab! When I wrote the guide I didn't write it to be STEP specific but rather Skyrim specific. Not all options are going to work for all systems is the thing I kept in mind when writing it so I tried to say do this or that for better performance or better quality. That guide was never meant to be a hand-holding tutorial but rather a guide that users would ultimately reference as they are tweaking their cards/settings to their specific systems. This is because the creator's guide is extremely lacking and the information researched when I wrote it came from multiple sources around the net. Some references were Skyrim specific and some just explained what the settings did.

Just reading through it, I immediately thought it would be a shame to lose all that info and have to redo it down the line if we ever decided we wanted it back. Much better to simplify the guide and create an advanced section.

Now regular part reflects the STEP Guide and Advanced tab is for the 'expert knob twiddlers'. I'm going to do the same with the ENB Guide when I get a chance. Add in a quickstart section with nice pictures for people who just want to jump in and play, then have advanced sections for the 'Skyrim is my meth' types.

Not sure we need all the INI edits. iPresentInterval is usually set to 1 because Skyrim vsync limits framerate to 60 and anything over will cause issue with the in game physics. I believe driver vsync will just limit it to the monitor refresh rate and if someone is on their spiffy 120Hz monitor, they might have some problems. I'd say leave it at 1 and let the more advanced users worry about driver or ENB vsync.

Also, the sunupdate time is .0.1, pretty suer it is supposed to be 0.1

Not sure we need all the INI edits. iPresentInterval is usually set to 1 because Skyrim vsync limits framerate to 60 and anything over will cause issue with the in game physics. I believe driver vsync will just limit it to the monitor refresh rate and if someone is on their spiffy 120Hz monitor' date=' they might have some problems. I'd say leave it at 1 and let the more advanced users worry about driver or ENB vsync.[/quote']

This ties in with the driver settings tweaks and FPS limiter. I updated the note, but review all pre-installation setup to see the larger context and then post your comments on that.

Also, the sunupdate time is .0.1, pretty suer it is supposed to be 0.1

This was a type. '0.01' was intended. Updated

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I added the current added and dropped to the OP for reference to the changlog, but what are we dropping in the sound section with AOS being implemented? Are we keeping everything? Left out the first couple sections with extenders and memory patches. We can address that if the SKSE team doesn't update this weekend.

Did we not have a snow texture in STEP? Could not find one that HQ Snow would replace, no way we didn't have a snow mod.

Are the changlogs a template, or just a regular page?

I think once we know about the sound section we can decide how many more mods we want to put in 2.2.8. We can accept maybe one mod for the DB landscape and then I can continue working on a mish mash afterward and update post release. Save forts, farmhouses, and anything else for next release and hopefully phazer and tech will be back to help.

Okay I added the current added and dropped to the OP for reference to the changlog' date=' but what are we dropping in the sound section with AOS being implemented? Are we keeping everything?[/quote']

Yep, we can keep everything I think, because AOS does not cover them all and only overwrites parts of better hanimal footsteps and better weapons swings. Improved Combat Sounds is better than AOS though.

Left out the first couple sections with extenders and memory patches. We can address that if the SKSE team doesn't update this weekend.

You meant he changelog? Yes, that needs to be added.

Did we not have a snow texture in STEP? Could not find one that HQ Snow would replace, no way we didn't have a snow mod.

We did not have any specific show tex in STEP. It was covered by SRO

Are the changlogs a template, or just a regular page?

Changelogs are plain pages with templates included.

I think once we know about the sound section we can decide how many more mods we want to put in 2.2.8. We can accept maybe one mod for the DB landscape and then I can continue working on a mish mash afterward and update post release. Save forts, farmhouses, and anything else for next release and hopefully phazer and tech will be back to help.

I don't want to accept any of the other texture packs unless we have a definitive solution ... that will be more your call than anyone else's since you have seem most of that in game and know the STEP Mandate.

FAO Z

Mod name changes, as per this post. I listed ALL the mods where first part of the name doesn't correspond with the name on the Nexus. 

2.D. Fixes

• Cursor Fix  >>  Double Cursor Fix
  • Elys AltF4  >>  SKSE -Elys- AltF4
  • Tail Twist Fix  >>  Argonian Sneak Tail Twist Fix
  • Maximum Skeleton  >>  XP32 Maximum Skeleton

2.E. Interface

• Altar Descriptions  >>  Blessings - Altar Descriptions
  • Spinning Skyrim Emblem  >>  Main Menu Spinning Emblem
  • Time On Loading Screen  >>  KenMOD Time On Loading Screen

2.F. Conflicting Graphics

• HRDLC Optimized  >>  Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized
  • HD Miscellaneous Items  >>  HD Misc
  • Food & Ingredients  >>  High Quality Food and Ingredients
  • Quality World Map  >>  A Quality World Map

2.G. Landscape & Environment

• Distant Detail  >>  Skyrim Distant Detail
  • Hybrid's Plants & Herbs  >>  Hybrid's HD Plants & Herb
  • Improved Puddles  >>  Skyrim Improved Puddles
  • Legible Road Signs  >>  Hi Res Legible Road Signs
  • Moon Size Tweaks  >>  26 Moon Size Tweaks
  • Tundra Moss Revised  >> Vivid Landscapes - Tundra Moss Revised

2.H. Characters & Creatures

• 101 Bugs  >>  83Willows 101Bugs HD
  • Antz in my Pantz  >>  AIMP - Antz in my Pantz
  • Realistic Hair  >>  More Realistic Hair
  • Bellyache's Dragons  >>  Bellyaches HD Dragon Replacer
  • Dawnguard Rewritten-Arvak  >>  The Elder Scrolls V Rewritten - Arvak 
  • Rabbits Plus  >>  HD Rabbits Plus
  • Xenius Character Enhancement  >>  XCE Xenius Character Enhancement

2.I. Clothing & Equipment

• Book of Silence  >>  aMidianBorn Book of Silence
  • Explosive Bolts Visualized  >>  Dawnguard Crossbow Explosive Bolts Visualized
  • Weapon De-LARP Project  >>  Skyrim Weapon De-LARP-ification Project

2.J. Animations & Effects

• Breathing Idles  >>  NoMaaM Breathing Idles 
  • New Idles for Skyrim  >>  Fores New Idles for Skyrim
  • Rune Weapon FX  >>  Dawnguard Rune Weapon FX

2.K. Clutter & Miscellaneous

• Enhanced Dragon Bones  >>  Enhanced HD Dragon Bones
  • Shrines HD  >>  Mystery Modders Shrines HD

2.L. Sound

• Better Bards  >>  FSS Better Bards
  • Improved Horse Steps  >>  IHSS - Improved Horse Steps
  • Realistic Bow Sounds  >>  Ultra Realistic Bow Shoot Sounds
  • Realistic Crossbow Sounds  >>  Ultra Realistic Crossbow Shoot Sounds

2.M. Gameplay

• Disable Thieves Guild Autostart  >>  Thieves Guild Requirements
  • Drop Lit Torches  >>  SM Drop Lit Torches
  • Paarthurnax Dilemma  >>  The Paarthurnax Dilemma
  • Skyrim Uncapper  >>  Skyrim -Community- Uncapper

Okay I added the current added and dropped to the OP for reference to the changlog' date=' but what are we dropping in the sound section with AOS being implemented? Are we keeping everything?[/quote']

Yep' date=' we can keep everything I think, because AOS does not cover them all and only overwrites parts of better hanimal footsteps and better weapons swings. Improved Combat Sounds is better than AOS though.

[/quote']

I would drop SoS though except for the dungeons plugin. AOS mostly covers those. I say mostly here because AOS does not exactly the same thing, it has a slightly different vision in it's composition.

SoS and AOS do not play together very well as you already pointed out on the AOS thread:

Ambient sounds of people having conversations and singing/laughing/etc are often present without any obvious source. It is as if there is a party going on behind the closed door of a house (Solitude)' date=' but when opened, there is nobody around. The market area of Riften is also way too loud, and the conversations carry way too far.[/quote']

The last part is essentially a conflict. Technically it isn't but the compositions just don't play well together (AOS changing sound behavior while SoS adds different sounds not meant for that behavior).

thanks Spock. Yes' date=' we will be dropping SoS (except for Dungeons).[/quote']

I agree, the Civilization plugin was bad anyways. I like the Dungeons and Wilds plugin, but that is because I couldn't notice it was a SoS sound playing and that is the point. With the Civ plugin there were just some annoying sounds that would play in cities and taverns.

Hey, z, did you see any posts on the Moss Rock - DB thread? It should be added to Core.