Splash of Rain by isoku

rootsrat

I had the optional installed during testing. I'm going to play a bit with this installed as well as another mod that requires a bit of playing to see how the two mods line up past my initial testing.

Not a bad idea. Things I've thought of that might be worth keeping in mind..

Well, for starters.. You have a point about the splashes occurring on all surfaces, but on the positive.. You really won't be looking at the splashes all the time, and it definitely makes things look (a tad) more real than rain just passing through everything (rain underwater is a solid example here). The opaque version should help minimize the splashes looking 'jarring', and.. I'd imagine that just about any ENB would work wonders for making the effect feel more natural as well.

I personally didn't find this mod necessary. It did bother me a little that the rain drops were being applied indiscriminately, and I also dislike having esp files/scripts/mcm menus in my installation that don't do much (even if I trust isoku). It seems I'm in the minority here, however.

Edited by Harpalus

I personally didn't find this mod necessary. It did bother me a little that the rain drops were being applied indiscriminately, and I also dislike having esp files/scripts/mcm menus in my installation that don't do much (even if I trust isoku). It seems I'm in the minority here, however.

I completely agree with you so I'll just join you as a minority.

I may have come off a bit rude, my apologizes.

It bugs me when people use "it has scripts" and "it has a plugin" as reasons not to use a mod.

DCO is one of the few  mods where a scripted mod may cause issues whether it be immediately or after several hours of playing with it but something this small would be pretty difficult to mess up.

Most opinions are valid other than the two mentioned above.

I have this mod in my load order, use the more transparent version, and use the high amount of splashes MCM option.  I think it adds a lot to the rain effect and makes rain much more immersive in the game (so I'm not in the minority either).

Edited by oqhansoloqo
  • +1 1

I made some quick 3D drops for this, but it was too hungry performance-wise for isoku. I wish he would have pursued it as it would have been more noticeable as I could have worked on it further if needed and it would have enhanced the lighting on the rain itself. It's not that noticeable on areas with foliage as I remember, which in Skyrim is nearly everywhere really.

Hey king of birds, I have very important information I need to share with you. It concerns the mods who have contributed to. Could you please contact me at isokumods@gmail.com?

Apologies for the off-topic post. To make this slightly on-topic I do have plans to merge this mod along with rainbows and shooting stars in a release on the Nexus. Plans can change though so no promises!

• +1 3

Hey king of birds, I have very important information I need to share with you. It concerns the mods who have contributed to. Could you please contact me at isokumods@gmail.com?

Apologies for the off-topic post. To make this slightly on-topic I do have plans to merge this mod along with rainbows and shooting stars in a release on the Nexus. Plans can change though so no promises!

That's awesome isuko, welcome!

Do you have plans for double rainbows?  ::D:

https://youtu.be/OQSNhk5ICTI