Splash of Rain by isoku

rootsrat

I'm using it and it works great with vanilla weather. It does splash on every surface so with the combination of SFO it looked odd to see splashes in the forests and on top of grass. And it was unusable with supreme storms but I found that mod to be less than desirable anyway so dumped it in favour of splash of rain.

One of my favourite mods with Get Snowy and Wet and Cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used this with supreme storms and never had a problem.. 

• 1 year later...

It's a minimal effect, but if you want it to be tested add the "testing" tag and we'll get to it.

Only the OP can do that. I added the "testing" tag but it's not getting a colored prefix.

Edited by CJ2311

Only the OP can do that. I added the "testing" tag but it's not getting a colored prefix.

All users should be able to add a normal tag to the thread. The prefix tag (yellow tag) can only be added by Staff. Adding the normal tag will allow the mod to show up when the threads are filtered for testing. Then if we decide it's worth testing, a staff member will add the official prefix tag to it. If not, we'll remove the normal tag and the mod will be removed from the testing filter.

This is another one of those must have mods.

Way back when, I saw the two rain bands and after that I couldn't stop seeing them.

This mod helps with the illusion that there is rain even if the effect is fairly small.

On the whole "testing" tag thing, I added it to two mods and they were lost awhile back. My guess is that the search is being dumb and non of you can see it.

*shrugs*

I'm not seeing the merit in this mod. Running around the game you'll notice the splashes and it's a nice effect but not realistic, imo. The splashes show on everything from rock to dirt to grass. Most of these materials would absorb the impact and not produce a splash. I also don't feel like the effect with worth another ESP slot and extra script.

Besides, it's raining here now and I'm not seeing any "splashes" anywhere.

The question of does the effect add to the game is debatable...

Even though it may not seem realistic, it still adds to the illusion of rain, which is terrible in vanilla.

I also don't feel like the effect with worth another ESP slot and extra script.

Are you really that worried about the esp?
I don't remember what STEP Extended plugin count is at but I do know its no where near the 254 limit.
I doubt the script will cause any issues or performance hit.

Why do people still down scripted mods...

Which bit? Splashes being overly visible? There's a 'less opaque' version for this, no?

I had the optional installed during testing. I'm going to play a bit with this installed as well as another mod that requires a bit of playing to see how the two mods line up past my initial testing.