Step SkyrimSE Patches (by Step Modifications)

TechAngel85

53 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

Hello.

Just reinstalling STEP (my SSD died)) and am a bit confused over the Content Resolution patch and CACO.

I get missing master notifications for the CACO patch. Am i just very tired or is the guide unclear?

Using the 2.1.0 SSE guide I assume? The 2.2.0 DEV guide is a WIP and will not work for most people without tinkering with custom patches.

The 2.1.0 CACO masters are:

image.png

So maybe you missed one of these? What does MO say about this?

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

Using the 2.1.0 SSE guide I assume? The 2.2.0 DEV guide is a WIP and will not work for most people without tinkering with custom patches.

The 2.1.0 CACO masters are:

image.png

So maybe you missed one of these? What does MO say about this?

Using the 2.1 guide. MO2 notifications say...

The masters for some plugins (esp/esl/esm) are not enabled.
The game will crash unless you install and enable the following plugins:

Master

Required By

CACO_Saints&Seducers.esp

Step Patch - CR - CACO.esp

CACO_Survival Mode_Patch.esp

CC-Fishing_CACO_Patch.esp

CC-TheCause_CACO_Patch.esp

5 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

Using the 2.1 guide. MO2 notifications say...

The masters for some plugins (esp/esl/esm) are not enabled.
The game will crash unless you install and enable the following plugins:

Master

Required By

CACO_Saints&Seducers.esp

CACO_Survival Mode_Patch.esp

CC-Fishing_CACO_Patch.esp

CC-TheCause_CACO_Patch.esp

Those are Kryptopyr Patch Hub plugins. I just checked that wiki page, and they are correct since summer for 2.1.0, so maybe you need to grab them still. That mod is tedious to install with all the different files.

5 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

Ah, ofc. CACO is a patching hell. :)

It is .... and I just now finished patching it for next version. Caught a bunch of things I had missed jumping over our other patches. The LO is:

1. WACCF
  2. CCOR
  3. CACO

CACO is mostly distinct from the others, but lots of subrecords need to jump into the CACO patch due to parent records being changed in #1-#2

46 minutes ago, z929669 said:

It is .... and I just now finished patching it for next version. Caught a bunch of things I had missed jumping over our other patches. The LO is:

1. WACCF
  2. CCOR
  3. CACO

CACO is mostly distinct from the others, but lots of subrecords need to jump into the CACO patch due to parent records being changed in #1-#2

Yea, found the wip cr patch for 2.2. :)

So now i am thinkin... should i play around with 2.1 or start fiddling with 2.2 just for the fun...

(Just got in game after finish 2.1 with the Heavy ENB and all. LOOKS AMAZING! And i get well over 60 fps all over)

3 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

Yea, found the wip cr patch for 2.2. :)

So now i am thinkin... should i play around with 2.1 or start fiddling with 2.2 just for the fun...

(Just got in game after finish 2.1 with the Heavy ENB and all. LOOKS AMAZING! And i get well over 60 fps all over)

Go ahead and test if you want using 2.2.0, but we're still tweaking the patches. Also using test patches that are distinct from the original 2.2.0 patches you may have found. The originals don't have all the sound patching from ISC

• 2 months later...

I downloaded and installed the latest PP Patch and the new ENB (Light) files.

This time I decided to use the included enblocal.ini.step file (removing the .step part of course). I cleared my enbcache folder, started the game and... no new enb cache is created? I checked in the ini file and the "ShaderCache=true" is there, so any idea what could be causing the enb shaders not being created?

EDIT: I checked the enblocal.ini that is included in the original ENB and saw that the "ShaderCache=true" line is missing in it. Did Boris depreciate it or something? A quick scan of the ENB site news doesn't mention it.

EDIT again: apparently shader caching has been disabled/ removed since 0.484. "shader caching was removed due to SKSE plugins or perhaps a mod manager breaking it". So apparently my shaders were old left-overs...

Edited by ButchDiavolo
extra info

1 hour ago, ButchDiavolo said:

I downloaded and installed the latest PP Patch and the new ENB (Light) files.

This time I decided to use the included enblocal.ini.step file (removing the .step part of course). I cleared my enbcache folder, started the game and... no new enb cache is created? I checked in the ini file and the "ShaderCache=true" is there, so any idea what could be causing the enb shaders not being created?

EDIT: I checked the enblocal.ini that is included in the original ENB and saw that the "ShaderCache=true" line is missing in it. Did Boris depreciate it or something? A quick scan of the ENB site news doesn't mention it.

EDIT again: apparently shader caching has been disabled/ removed since 0.484. "shader caching was removed due to SKSE plugins or perhaps a mod manager breaking it". So apparently my shaders were old left-overs...

I never noticed the shader cache was disabled. Your graphics software manages this as well, so you can check that.

• 5 months later...

I tried searching, but I'm not having any luck. In latest guide STEP Conflict Resolution patch (Updated) I'm getting one error from XEdit.

[00:00] [INFO:000DD0D8] ('You're that mage from the College, right? Hear things have finally calmed down over there.' in GRUP Topic Children of [DIAL:0002BDDD])
[00:00]     INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #1 -> [01DA0A04] < Error: Could not be resolved >

I really doubt it matters, but if it is something that needs to be addressed in the next version, I thought I'd go ahead and report it.

2023-09-05 16_05_53-SSEEdit 4.0.4.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Elaura said:

I tried searching, but I'm not having any luck. In latest guide STEP Conflict Resolution patch (Updated) I'm getting one error from XEdit.

Your screenshot is missing active records from USSEP and 'Guard Dialogue Overhaul', which also contribute to this dialog topic. The latter mod is adding the condition which is forwarded into the Step Patch, so with GDO activated all should be fine.

StepPatch120202.thumb.jpg.0d75a86b9c1a49d8d09f5df5998ba7e4.jpg

Edited by CorneliusC
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

Your screenshot is missing active records from USSEP and 'Guard Dialogue Overhaul', which also contribute to this dialog topic. The latter mod is adding the condition which is forwarded into the Step Patch, so with GDO activated all should be fine.

StepPatch120202.thumb.jpg.0d75a86b9c1a49d8d09f5df5998ba7e4.jpg

Thanks for looking into that and resolving!