Step SkyrimSE Patches (by Step Modifications)

TechAngel85

• 2 months later...

I now have SkyrimSE v2.0.0 installed per Guide instructions, and Tamriel looks amazing!  Thanks for all the hard work that went into compiling and maintaining it..  

Weapons Armor Clothing and Clutter Fixes, Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul and Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered is marked as optional in the '10-Gameplay-General' section of the Guide.  I didn't want to use them, but decided to install them and work on removing them after completing Guide installation.

I loaded the full Guide modlst, ran the 'Report Masters; xEdit script against 'Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp', selected 'Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered' and clicked OK.  The script reported

Spoiler

[00:00] Start: Applying script "Report masters"
Selected masters are required by the following records and elements:
[00:24] Done: Applying script "Report masters", Processed Records: 532, Elapsed Time: 00:24

I then ran the Clean Master xEdit script to remove 'Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered' as a master of the Patch file.

Spoiler

Atlas Map Markers
ButterfliesUnchained
Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered
SPTConsistentOlderPeople
ClavicusArgonianMasque
Odin - Skyrim Magic Overhaul
ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS.esm
ccbgssse067-daedinv.esm
ccbgssse062-ba_dwarvenmail.esl
ccedhsse002-splkntset.esl
ccbgssse036-petbwolf.esl
ccBGSSSE037-Curios.esl
ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl
ccbgssse021-lordsmail.esl
ccbgssse020-graycowl.esl
ccbgssse003-zombies.esl

All these files were removed as Masters.  The attached screen shots document the Patch Masters before and after Cleaning Masters.

STEP2-CR-Patch-Original-Masters.jpg

STEP2-CR-Patch-Sorted-Cleaned-Masters.jpg

1 hour ago, Decopauge123 said:

I now have SkyrimSE v2.0.0 installed per Guide instructions, and Tamriel looks amazing!  Thanks for all the hard work that went into compiling and maintaining it..  

Weapons Armor Clothing and Clutter Fixes, Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul and Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered is marked as optional in the '10-Gameplay-General' section of the Guide.  I didn't want to use them, but decided to install them and work on removing them after completing Guide installation.

I loaded the full Guide modlst, ran the 'Report Masters; xEdit script against 'Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp', selected 'Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered' and clicked OK.  The script reported

Hide contents

[00:00] Start: Applying script "Report masters"
Selected masters are required by the following records and elements:
[00:24] Done: Applying script "Report masters", Processed Records: 532, Elapsed Time: 00:24

I then ran the Clean Master xEdit script to remove 'Complete Crafting Overhaul Remastered' as a master of the Patch file.

Reveal hidden contents

All these files were removed as Masters.  The attached screen shots document the Patch Masters before and after Cleaning Masters.

Thanks! That should not be in there. Here is a clean version without missing up your entire patch: Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.7z

• 4 months later...

The Conflict Resolution Patch was updated to remove unrequired masters in order to grant more flexibility to users. These were not cleaned out in the previous update. There is no need to update this file if the current build is working as desired.

Removed masters:

- Odin - Skyrim Magic Overhaul.esp
- ClavicusArgonianMasque.esp
- ButterfilesUnchained.esp
- Atlas Map Markers.esp

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a question about the lighting & weather patch (this is a complete STEP install without the post-processing and enb): For some reason. LOOT sorts (in this order) Luminosity, Ralistic Water Two, Atlas Map Markers and A Clear Map of Skyrim AFTER the lighting & weather patch. This results in almost every CELL entry and three (torch-related) entries in LIGHT in the patch to be overwritten by Luminosity and then by Realistic Water Two. I think the intention here (in the CELL entries) was to forward the changes by Luminosity. Differently, i think, for the entries in LIGHT, where the torchlight entries differ, were intended to change Luminosity.

What would be the best approach here? Should or could i add both of these plugins as masters to the L & W patch to have LOOT sort this in the order intented?

Really would appreciate some advice

Edited by Cornelius2022

1 hour ago, Cornelius2022 said:

I'm having a question about the lighting & weather patch (this is a complete STEP install without the post-processing and enb): For some reason. LOOT sorts (in this order) Luminosity, Ralistic Water Two, Atlas Map Markers and A Clear Map of Skyrim AFTER the lighting & weather patch. This results in almost every CELL entry and three (torch-related) entries in LIGHT in the patch to be overwritten by Luminosity and then by Realistic Water Two. I think the intention here (in the CELL entries) was to forward the changes by Luminosity. Differently, i think, for the entries in LIGHT, where the torchlight entries differ, were intended to change Luminosity.

What would be the best approach here? Should or could i add both of these plugins as masters to the L & W patch to have LOOT sort this in the order intented?

You can add Luminosity as a master to the LW patch. RWT should be fine with default LOOT sorting, IIRC.

In the meantime, I'll take a look at verifying my assumptions and fixing this in the patch once I get my psuedo-2.0.0 mod list recreated. I'm currently set up with our 2.1.0 development mod list right now.

Thanks for letting us know.

Thank you!

I've just rechecked every entry in 'Cell' in the LW patch, and it's almost exclusively forwarded lighting entries from Luminosity. Since in my case LOOT sorts RWT even after Luminosity, i added RWT as a master to the patch to keep all these lighting forwards from Luminosity over RWT in the patch

The game looks gorgeous now btw with 2.0.0

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

This has been fixed in latest update on Nexus

5 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

Wow, thank you!

Another question: Can i add Post-Processing and ENB later onto a progressing game, or is it better to start with a new game?

This should be fine in current save, since it's really doing nothing but forwarding some changes from ENB Light mostly. I would always recommend clean saving in an interior ahead of that just to be safe.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi (again). Near the end of my 2.1 installation i seem to be having a somewhat similiar problem with the Lighting & Weather patch as in 2.0 (see the posts above). LOOT is sorting 'Realistic Water Two' right after the Lighting & Weather patch resulting in several CELL (around 45 entries) records being overwritten by RWT2, overwriting entries forwarded from 'Ambiance'. Based on your advice the last time i now added RWT2 as a master to the Lighting & Weather patch to keep the forwarding entries in the patch. I attached my current load order just after adding the new master and before starting generating LOD. Will i be allright with this? Thank you ...

Spoiler

1 hour ago, CorneliusC said:

Hi (again). Near the end of my 2.1 installation i seem to be having a somewhat similiar problem with the Lighting & Weather patch as in 2.0 (see the posts above). LOOT is sorting 'Realistic Water Two' right after the Lighting & Weather patch resulting in several CELL (around 45 entries) records being overwritten by RWT2, overwriting entries forwarded from 'Ambiance'. Based on your advice the last time i now added RWT2 as a master to the Lighting & Weather patch to keep the forwarding entries in the patch. I attached my current load order just after adding the new master and before starting generating LOD. Will i be allright with this? Thank you ...

It was probably a miss, but RWT should be a master for the Patch, regardless if it's needed or not, just so it sorts correctly.