DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

One minor thing I'm wondering about. It's not possible to open DyndoLod .esm in SSEEdit if you have Homestead, because DynDOLOD requires hstead.esm to be loaded first but SSEEdit always loads DyndoLOD before hstead.esm.  Do you have any recommendations?

Until xEdit is updated, you can open such a load order by temporary "removing" CC plugins from Skyrim.ccc (text file in game folder) by adding an x in front of the filename. When done editing restore correct filename, so game knows again to load the CC plugins right after DLC.

Edited by sheson

Ditto with the Bruma.  In the world selection BSHeartland.esm is not listed.  I have tested this using 2.36 - BSHeartland is there and 2.37 where it is missing.

I tried copying across the BSHeartland file from 2.36's Exports folder, but guess I am also missing something else?

Thanks for the update.

I am not seeing any bruma lods in the output, have they been removed?

Ditto with the Bruma.  In the world selection BSHeartland.esm is not listed.  I have tested this using 2.36 - BSHeartland is there and 2.37 where it is missing.

I tried copying across the BSHeartland file from 2.36's Exports folder, but guess I am also missing something else?

See the update post https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12479-dynamic-distant-objects-lod-dyndolod-237/ and check what it says about Bruma

See the FAQ: Not seeing all worlds in the selection box

Hello I found ""LODGen.exe - catch an error in nif and print its name to log"" in the changelog. I enable the Debug setting in json worlds and my papyrus logging. I have been getting CTDs from what i think is a bad mesh and hoped this would help me find it. But when i look at the papyrus log i can't seem to find where DynDOLOD wrote the bad mesh ?

Hello I found ""LODGen.exe - catch an error in nif and print its name to log"" in the changelog. I enable the Debug setting in json worlds and my papyrus logging. I have been getting CTDs from what i think is a bad mesh and hoped this would help me find it. But when i look at the papyrus log i can't seem to find where DynDOLOD wrote the bad mesh ?

LODGen.exe is a command line program that geenrated object LOD meshes. It is spawned by DynDOLOD.exe. It writes its output to the ..DynDOLOD\Logs\ folder. The DynDOLOD log itself will print a message if a LODGen log had errors at generation time or if it completed without errors.

It is an additional error message that helps determining the cause of incomplete object LOD generation.

The debug option for the papyrus scripting exist much longer already and is part of the troubleshooting steps explained in the ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt - which also explains in great detail what log messages in the papyrus log to look for.

Edited by sheson

LODGen.exe is a command line program that geenrated object LOD meshes. It is spawned by DynDOLOD.exe. It writes its output to the ..DynDOLOD\Logs\ folder. The DynDOLOD log itself will print a message if a LODGen log had errors at generation time or if it completed without errors.

Ah :( i thought it was gonna tell me in the papyrus if i had a bad mesh :p thanks :)

Thanks for all the help, one more thing: When I got SSEEdit to open it (thanks for that help), it said the masters needed to be sorted for both dyndolod esp and esm. Here are before and after screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/5RUDr0f

I would not sort master with CC in the load order at the moment -  both before and after seem incorrect atm.

I just committed the CC load order update to the xEdit source and it will be part of 2.37 beta 2. That should ensure the correct order of CC masters in DynDOLOD plugins and xEdit being able to load correctly without tricks.

I know I must have done something wrong... I ran DynDOLOD on my whole load order, including the bashed patch - I usually took it out because it would crash DynDOLOD but this time all went well and the program finished. Yet, Tamriel becomes global-warming-flooded if I activate the output! Starting at Solitude docks with DynDOLOD and everything's under water and a mile deep, can't even see the surface before I drown. Start without, and no issue. This is not the fist time such has happened to me, I just can't find the way around it. Should I try to generate without the bashed patch? Is there a way to find which mod might be causing DynDO to do this?

Possibly relevant information, I'm running DynDOLOD after xLODGen 18 and when running the latter, I forgot to add SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm. Don't thing this is the issue, but there. I was going to re-do it later after ironing out my build. I do remember that the last time I had this flooding problem was way before I ever tried xLODGen.