DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

It is unlikely that 000095DC, 000095FB and 00009619 do not exist. A mod is overwriting these CELL records, adding a region to the XCLR - Regions list, but the form id (0500A92D) that is linked to does not exist.

I would have to agree with you, that is why I could not understand why I was unable to find it. I am going to look at it again later in the day - fresh set of eyes and all. If I still can’t find it, I am going to eliminate “verdant†from my load order, which seems to be the source of the problem. Thank You.

EDIT TO THE ABOVE: Sorry, I could not figure out how to edit my comment above. Anyway, I went back at the end of the day. Found the regions in five minutes (after searching for about 60 minutes earlier with no luck). Fixed the remaining errors and DynDOLOD ran like a charm. Sheson - thanks for your help. 

EDIT TO THE ABOVE: Sorry, I could not figure out how to edit my comment above. Anyway, I went back at the end of the day. Found the regions in five minutes (after searching for about 60 minutes earlier with no luck). Fixed the remaining errors and DynDOLOD ran like a charm. Sheson - thanks for your help. 

Great. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to packing dyndolod's output in bsa. Had to use DynDOLOD.bsa, DynDOLOD - Textures.bsa and DynDOLOD_Dummy.bsa (with its extra dummy plugin) to keep every archive below 2Gb. This time I didn't crash, which means at least the meshes are loaded. However, when starting the game I get constant "DynDOLOD can not find master data in DynDOLOD_None.json" errors popping in-game.

My feeling is that either the whole skse folder, because it isn't a base-game standard folder, or its contents (namely json containers) because they aren't standard game files, are not loaded from the bsa. To test that, I ran the game with only the skse folder as loose files, and bingo! No errors popping.

Could someone confirm or deny that? If that's the case, I'll have some digging to do in my build to find other files I may have packed that I shouldn't have, but at least I'll know what needs fixing.

I finally got around to packing dyndolod's output in bsa. Had to use DynDOLOD.bsa, DynDOLOD - Textures.bsa and DynDOLOD_Dummy.bsa (with its extra dummy plugin) to keep every archive below 2Gb. This time I didn't crash, which means at least the meshes are loaded. However, when starting the game I get constant "DynDOLOD can not find master data in DynDOLOD_None.json" errors popping in-game.

My feeling is that either the whole skse folder, because it isn't a base-game standard folder, or its contents (namely json containers) because they aren't standard game files, are not loaded from the bsa. To test that, I ran the game with only the skse folder as loose files, and bingo! No errors popping.

Could someone confirm or deny that? If that's the case, I'll have some digging to do in my build to find other files I may have packed that I shouldn't have, but at least I'll know what needs fixing.

Check with the author of PapyrusUtil. It seems very likely that it saves and loads .json files directly using standard OS file operations. I would not expect anything else from loading/saving such data flles while in game.

Check with the author of PapyrusUtil. It seems very likely that it saves and loads .json files directly using standard OS file operations. I would not expect anything else from loading/saving such data flles while in game.

I'll check, but it makes sense. Could you tell me if the lodsettings folder, nested in the root data folder in some mods like Wyrmstooth and Vigilant, and apparently containing one file per world with the extension .lod, can be stored in bsa as well? It does come like that in both mods. I don't know if this question belongs here on in the lodgen thread, sorry... Is it a base game thing, or used only by lod generators?

I'll check, but it makes sense. Could you tell me if the lodsettings folder, nested in the root data folder in some mods like Wyrmstooth and Vigilant, and apparently containing one file per world with the extension .lod, can be stored in bsa as well? It does come like that in both mods. I don't know if this question belongs here on in the lodgen thread, sorry... Is it a base game thing, or used only by lod generators?

The vanilla game has its lodsettings files in Skryim Meshes.bsa / Skyrim Meshes0.bsa and it is required for a worldspace to show LOD in game and required by xLODGen/DynDOLOD to generate LOD.

Edited by sheson

The vanilla game has its lodsettings files in Skryim Meshes.bsa / Skyrim Meshes0.bsa and it is required for a worldspace to show LOD in game and required by xLODGen/DynDOLOD to generate LOD.

Thanks for that, I was silly not to check the vanilla bsas.

Can someone help me make sense of a repeatable CTD I'm getting?

It happens under certain circumstances when I ENTER an indoor cell from outside in Skyrim.

It seems to be related to DynDOLOD - if I deactivate dyndolod.esp and open a save immediately before entering the cell in question, I don't get it. (I haven't actually tried deactivating ALL my other 175 plugins, but none of the others have made any difference to the CTD.)

A few notes:

- It doesn't ALWAYS happen when I enter an interior cell. Only seems to happen after I've been outside traveling for a while.

- Turning off DnyDOLOD in MCM (and waiting for notification) doesn't stop the CTD.

- If I fast travel to any point - even a few meters away, THEN enter, I don't get the CTD.

- I rebuilt my DynDOLOD output folder to no avail.

- Checked DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt. It mentions a couple missing meshes, but also says: "No missing models are used in the current load order. Messages about missing models can be ignored."

- Turned on papyrus logging just for kicks, but I didn't find anything interesting.

Any ideas what might be going on? 

Can someone help me make sense of a repeatable CTD I'm getting?

It happens under certain circumstances when I ENTER an indoor cell from outside in Skyrim.

It seems to be related to DynDOLOD - if I deactivate dyndolod.esp and open a save immediately before entering the cell in question, I don't get it. (I haven't actually tried deactivating ALL my other 175 plugins, but none of the others have made any difference to the CTD.)

A few notes:

- It doesn't ALWAYS happen when I enter an interior cell. Only seems to happen after I've been outside traveling for a while.

- Turning off DnyDOLOD in MCM (and waiting for notification) doesn't stop the CTD.

- If I fast travel to any point - even a few meters away, THEN enter, I don't get the CTD.

- I rebuilt my DynDOLOD output folder to no avail.

- Checked DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt. It mentions a couple missing meshes, but also says: "No missing models are used in the current load order. Messages about missing models can be ignored."

- Turned on papyrus logging just for kicks, but I didn't find anything interesting.

Any ideas what might be going on? 

It is very unlikely that this is a invalid nif, since typically none are enabled when entering any interiors. There is also no data in the plugins from interiors, all that happens is that the scripts are shutting down everything once a worldspace is left. Typically, in the past any CTD caused by nif or by data in the plugins were easily repeatable. Seems to me the only way to trouble shoot this, find a repeatable location/series of events and then selectively remove data from tthe plugins as explained before. Let me know if you need more info.

Hi Sheson!

So I am using the recent Wyrmstooth SSE Release, and when I build the LOD in DynDOLOD I seem to CTD whenever I travel to Wyrmstooth. Do you know what could cause this, or is there anything that I can send to you to help figure out what could be causing this?

For testing purposes I build LOD in LODGEN just for Wyrmstooth and had no problems.

Hi Sheson!

So I am using the recent Wyrmstooth SSE Release, and when I build the LOD in DynDOLOD I seem to CTD whenever I travel to Wyrmstooth. Do you know what could cause this, or is there anything that I can send to you to help figure out what could be causing this?

For testing purposes I build LOD in LODGEN just for Wyrmstooth and had no problems.

1.17B seems to works fine for my with a minimal load order (USSEP, SkyUI). Are you using any other plugins adding/updating the  WyrmstoothWorld?

See if doing the debugging described in Debug CTD caused by missing or invalid nif in https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59721?tab=docs helps to find something.

Edited by sheson

1.17B seems to works fine for my with a minimal load order (USSEP, SkyUI). Are you using any other plugins adding/updating the  WyrmstoothWorld?

See if doing the debugging described in Debug CTD caused by missing or invalid nif in https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59721?tab=docs helps to find something.

So I actually narrowed down the offending mod to Indistinguishable Billboards for Skyrim SE. Whenever I generate LOD with this one active it seems to cause Wyrmstooth to CTD. I don't know how that mod would interact with Wyrmstooth, but Is there any reason for that to happen?

Also to further test this. I generate the LOD and ran the game without enabling the mods. It seems like whatever is causing it to CTD is in bto files for that world. I tested that by deleting the Objects folder and seeing if it CTD on me and it did not. I do not know enough about BTO files, or LOD in general, to really figure out what's going on though.

Edited by Sandman53

So I actually narrowed down the offending mod to Indistinguishable Billboards for Skyrim SE. Whenever I generate LOD with this one active it seems to cause Wyrmstooth to CTD. I don't know how that mod would interact with Wyrmstooth, but Is there any reason for that to happen?

Also to further test this. I generate the LOD and ran the game without enabling the mods. It seems like whatever is causing it to CTD is in bto files for that world. I tested that by deleting the Objects folder and seeing if it CTD on me and it did not. I do not know enough about BTO files, or LOD in general, to really figure out what's going on though.

That is really odd. Can you zip the BTOs and upload them somewhere for further testing?

Edited by sheson