DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

I know I must have done something wrong... I ran DynDOLOD on my whole load order, including the bashed patch - I usually took it out because it would crash DynDOLOD but this time all went well and the program finished. Yet, Tamriel becomes global-warming-flooded if I activate the output! Starting at Solitude docks with DynDOLOD and everything's under water and a mile deep, can't even see the surface before I drown. Start without, and no issue. This is not the fist time such has happened to me, I just can't find the way around it. Should I try to generate without the bashed patch? Is there a way to find which mod might be causing DynDO to do this?

Possibly relevant information, I'm running DynDOLOD after xLODGen 18 and when running the latter, I forgot to add SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm. Don't thing this is the issue, but there. I was going to re-do it later after ironing out my build. I do remember that the last time I had this flooding problem was way before I ever tried xLODGen.

"Sorta" fixed it. Wrye Bash was not forwarding the water values for Tamriel (0000003C). Specifically it had a blank water lod field. Regenerated without the bashed patch and it's fine.

If a plugin causes problems, the best option is to fix that plugin so that things also work OK in the game when the plugin is used.

I am running into problems with DynDOLOD I am trying to generate the textures via texgen.exe and it runs like the dyndolod.exe! No textures are made, both texgen.exe and dyndolod.exe produce the DynDOLOD_Output folder. I don't think that is what its supposed to do, and I can't use the mod. Please help! 

Thank you!

I am running into problems with DynDOLOD I am trying to generate the textures via texgen.exe and it runs like the dyndolod.exe! No textures are made, both texgen.exe and .exe produce the DynDOLOD_Output folder. I don't think that is what its supposed to do, and I can't use the mod. Please help! Thank you!

Verify that in fact TexGen.exe / TexGenx64.exe is executed and the filename was not changed. It detects its mode from the exe filename.

Post the log that is written to ..DynDOLOD\Logs\ folder.

Edited by sheson

Thanks! What about the non-cc changes it made to the load order?

DynDOLOD 2.37 beta 2 should now load the CC ESLs right after the DLCs and both DynDOLOD plugins should have correctly sorted masters as a result

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

????

No info was provided. No log was posted. No question was asked. I figured you searched for this error as suggested by the manual and found the past discussions and solutions and said thanks. So, you are welcome.

Ok.  Fair enough.  I didn't find any answers in the FAQ.  I was hoping someone might have a quick "this happened to me" kind of answer.

Here are the relevant logs.  I couldn't decode any obvious errors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9b7rz69oemr6q2/DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vna2yu6a5mbwdi/LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks again.  Sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

Ok.  Fair enough.  I didn't find any answers in the FAQ.  I was hoping someone might have a quick "this happened to me" kind of answer.

Here are the relevant logs.  I couldn't decode any obvious errors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a9b7rz69oemr6q2/DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vna2yu6a5mbwdi/LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks again.  Sorry we got off on the wrong foot.

No worries, my hunch would have been Open Cities which turns out you don't have.

Use latest beta 2 from first post.

The log for the last generation shows that DynDOLOD plugins were already in the load order. See if generating from scratch fixed the issue.

If problem persists make sure that DynDOLOD Resource SE core files are completely installed. Especially check for

..\Meshes\lod\whiterun\wrcastlestonetowertop01_lod_2.nif

..\Meshes\lod\whiterun\wrcastlewoodtower01_lod_2.nif

If problem persists check if a plugin modifies the missing parts of that building. E.g. look up the reference of the roof top that shows in the second screenshot in xEdit.

Edited by sheson

Thanks for the tips.  The .nifs seem to be there.  I will try the beta 2.

edit:  one more quick noob question.  After I am done running DynDOLOD and go to enable it, Wrye reports its masters as "orange", meaning present but not the same relative order.  Is this important to DybaDOLOD?  Or should I do an "update" to force it to have the same load order, so Wrye is "green"?  Thanks again!

Edited by Zanderat

Thanks for the tips.  The .nifs seem to be there.  I will try the beta 2.

edit:  one more quick noob question.  After I am done running DynDOLOD and go to enable it, Wrye reports its master as "orange", meaning present but not the same relative order.  Is this important to DybaDOLOD?  Or should I do an "update" to force it to have the same load order, so Wrye is "green"?  Thanks again!

That problem might just solve itself by using beta 2.