DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Hello Sheson,

We were wondering, have you ever tried adding a 3rd pane to the tree lod nif? Obviously not as pleasing as 3d lods but I imagine it could certainly improve their aesthetic with marginal performance cost. To reduce butterflying, we could create billboards which correspond to 3 different views of the full models. I was thinking if I were to do this, I'd create billboards from each full model rotated at 0, 60, and 120 degrees, and generate 3 separate atlases that the lod model would reference. Do you think the creation of such models in object LOD can be automated, similar to the 2D flats, where it just knows to use the billboards dds/txt to create a texture atlas and the X model in the BTOs on the fly?

Thank you,

Jonny

Never had this problem before.... Generating a new LOD for a new save with beta 3: Exception in unit userscript line 326: FormID [25077D2F] references a master which is not available in file [D1] DynDOLOD.esp

Here's the log: https://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=51325518256222172439

Is there a way to tell what mod is causing this?

Edited by tyrindor

Hello Sheson,

We were wondering, have you ever tried adding a 3rd pane to the tree lod nif? Obviously not as pleasing as 3d lods but I imagine it could certainly improve their aesthetic with marginal performance cost. To reduce butterflying, we could create billboards which correspond to 3 different views of the full models. I was thinking if I were to do this, I'd create billboards from each full model rotated at 0, 60, and 120 degrees, and generate 3 separate atlases that the lod model would reference. Do you think the creation of such models in object LOD can be automated, similar to the 2D flats, where it just knows to use the billboards dds/txt to create a texture atlas and the X model in the BTOs on the fly?

Thank you,

Jonny

Sure, I can come up with something to make this is automated as possible. I was already thinking about two-sided billboards anyways. Just give me some time.

Never had this problem before.... Generating a new LOD for a new save with beta 3: Exception in unit userscript line 326: FormID [25077D2F] references a master which is not available in file [D1] DynDOLOD.esp

Here's the log: https://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=51325518256222172439

Is there a way to tell what mod is causing this?

FAQ: Exception in unit xxx line xxx: FormID [xxx] references a master which is not available in file [xx] xxx.esp 

A: There is a plugin in the load order with errors. Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help. 
Edited by sheson

Sure, I can come up with something to make this is automated as possible. I was already thinking about two-sided billboards anyways. Just give me some time.

FAQ: Exception in unit xxx line xxx: FormID [xxx] references a master which is not available in file [xx] xxx.esp 

A: There is a plugin in the load order with errors. Check the load order for errors with xEdit.exe before generating LOD. Fix all errors. See this video for help. 

That is sadly so far beyond me. I have SSEedit but I have no clue what plugin has the errors and I have 230 of them. Is there no simple way to just check all plugins for errors so I can remove them?

EDIT: Huh. I ran it twice and the error happened both times. The 3rd time the error didn't happen and it was successful. No changes on my end.... Should I be concerned?

Edited by tyrindor

That is sadly so far beyond me. I have SSEedit but I have no clue what plugin has the errors and I have 230 of them. Is there no simple way to just check all plugins for errors so I can remove them?

EDIT: Huh. I ran it twice and the error happened both times. The 3rd time the error didn't happen and it was successful. No changes on my end.... Should I be concerned?

In xEdit, you can mark (typical windows with SHIFT or CTRL + left mouse) all plugins you want to check in the left tree view, then right click and select Check for errors. After closing xEdit, you can search the xEdit log in notepad.

If fixing error is a problem, try notifying the mod author once you know the problematic plugin.

Errors usually do not go away by themselves. Did you generate from scratch the third time or where there DynDOLOD plugins already loaded? It might then skip over that part.

Edited by sheson

Thank you for supporting SkyrimVR with DynDOLOD 2.37.

I used medium setting and everything looks amazing, performance is good.

All issues with the college are resolved, the new Sanctuary on top is perfectly visible even on the map and after reload.

I have a few questions, but these things are purely cosmetics (it's really not that important):

I followed the manual for installation (deleted scripts etc.), I am using LargeRefLODGridsize=9 (some flickering is tolerable; at first i used default 5, but 9 is a bit better, performance still ok). I put the DynDOLOD Resources near top of Data_load_order (in MO2), billboards and texgen_output at the bottom.

DynDOLOD_TES5VR_log.txt attached.

1) I don't have the gildergleen tree in Whiterun visible. From your screenshots it should be visible even on low setting, after some searching it should be wrtempletree in the advanced settings mesh rules. How can I make it visible ? I tried putting yes in VWD, but no change.

I am using Simple bigger trees with Aspen trees and the Billboards for RAT with SBT. Could this be the problem ?

2) There are trees on the map around Helgen. No other trees on the map anywhere else. Is it a glitch ? It actually looks good, is there some option to put trees on the map ?

edit: I found this.  So disregard.

3) Giant square holes in the sea, nothing to do with dyndolod. They are visible only from certain spots and angles around college (from bridge and some windows). I found that setting fSplitDistanceMult in ini should be set to 0.5 (default is 1.5). Is it safe to set it to 0.5, am i going to break something according to dyndolod ?

20180614214553_1.jpg

4) lanterns of skyrim - can I make them visible more farther ? whats the name in the mesh list

5) how to make the giant camp fires (01landburning) always visible ? How to change the settings in DynDOLOD ?

tldr: thank you for VR DynDOLOD.

DynDOLOD_TES5VR_log.zip

Thank you for supporting SkyrimVR with DynDOLOD 2.37.

I used medium setting and everything looks amazing, performance is good.

All issues with the college are resolved, the new Sanctuary on top is perfectly visible even on the map and after reload.

I have a few questions, but these things are purely cosmetics (it's really not that important):

I followed the manual for installation (deleted scripts etc.), I am using LargeRefLODGridsize=9 (some flickering is tolerable; at first i used default 5, but 9 is a bit better, performance still ok). I put the DynDOLOD Resources near top of Data_load_order (in MO2), billboards and texgen_output at the bottom.

DynDOLOD_TES5VR_log.txt attached.

1) I don't have the gildergleen tree in Whiterun visible. From your screenshots it should be visible even on low setting, after some searching it should be wrtempletree in the advanced settings mesh rules. How can I make it visible ? I tried putting yes in VWD, but no change.

I am using Simple bigger trees with Aspen trees and the Billboards for RAT with SBT. Could this be the problem ?

2) There are trees on the map around Helgen. No other trees on the map anywhere else. Is it a glitch ? It actually looks good, is there some option to put trees on the map ?

edit: I found this.  So disregard.

3) Giant square holes in the sea, nothing to do with dyndolod. They are visible only from certain spots and angles around college (from bridge and some windows). I found that setting fSplitDistanceMult in ini should be set to 0.5 (default is 1.5). Is it safe to set it to 0.5, am i going to break something according to dyndolod ?

4) lanterns of skyrim - can I make them visible more farther ? whats the name in the mesh list

5) how to make the giant camp fires (01landburning) always visible ? How to change the settings in DynDOLOD ?

tldr: thank you for VR DynDOLOD.

1) requires dynamic LOD, since the tree changes based on quests.

2) That happens because those tree are done as static object LOD. They are skipped by traditional tree LOD generation because they have an enable parent. They are disabled for the intro. See c:\Skyrim\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html Trees on the Map section.

3) Changing fSplitDistanceMult changes the distances of the terrain LOD levels in relation ship to the object LOD levels. You can change it from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings page. Changing these settings does not break anything.

4) ATM Only by increasing NearGrid I believe. If you use IgnoreLargeReferences=1 (large refs off for good) they might be automatically in the FarGrid or can be set to be with mesh rules for the model. I actually would have to verify myself to be sure what works.

5) Find the mesh rules 01burning and 01landburning and changing Grid to Never Fade LOD should work

Edited by sheson

Heya :) why is DynDOLOD doing this now ? I updated my dyndolod with 2.37beta3;

[00:02] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "DynDOLOD.esm" requires master "Immersive Music.esp" to be loaded before it.>

[00:02] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: "DynDOLOD.esm" requires master "ELE_SSE.esp" to be loaded before it.>

If I ESMify both i will need to completely redo my patches, especially for ELE. :/ this is weird. I must have done something wrong somewhere.

edit: hmm i might know why this happened, let me verify first and i'll be back in an hour to confirm.

so it did this because i made a .ESP (flagged .esl) patch to fix consistencies between Immersive Music and ELE_SSE. Basically I.M. adds new music entries to some worldspaces, in which ELE also changes stuff, because it was loaded during the dyndolod "construction" it auto-added both as masters. :( so can I safely disable the patch, run dyndo, then enable the patch to load AFTER dyndolod.esp at the bottom of my load order? the only changes in worldspace is some light and music.

Edited by KorruptkSwades

Heya :) why is DynDOLOD doing this now ? I updated my dyndolod with 2.37beta3; [...]

(can't edit my original post. sorry for double post)

So hmmm I fixed the master issue... but... hmmm...

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [DE] DynDOLOD.esp

[00:00] Skyrimesm_0D0E59_DynDOLOD_LOD [REFR:DE01ACE9] (places NULL - Null Reference [00000000] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at -15,25)
[00:00]     REFR \ NAME - Base -> Found a NULL reference, expected: ACTI,ADDN,ALCH,AMMO,APPA,ARMA,ARMO,ARTO,ASPC,BOOK,CONT,DOOR,FLOR,FURN,GRAS,IDLM,INGR,KEYM,LIGH,LVLC,LVLN,MISC,MSTT,SCRL,SLGM,SNDR,SOUN,SPEL,STAT,TACT,TREE,TXST,WEAP
[00:00] Skyrimesm_0D8769_DynDOLOD_LOD [REFR:DE01ACEA] (places NULL - Null Reference [00000000] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at -15,25)
[00:00]     REFR \ NAME - Base -> Found a NULL reference, expected: ACTI,ADDN,ALCH,AMMO,APPA,ARMA,ARMO,ARTO,ASPC,BOOK,CONT,DOOR,FLOR,FURN,GRAS,IDLM,INGR,KEYM,LIGH,LVLC,LVLN,MISC,MSTT,SCRL,SLGM,SNDR,SOUN,SPEL,STAT,TACT,TREE,TXST,WEAP
[00:00] Skyrimesm_0D9B25_DynDOLOD_LOD [REFR:DE01ACEB] (places NULL - Null Reference [00000000] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at -15,26)
[00:00]     REFR \ NAME - Base -> Found a NULL reference, expected:

I think i'm one unlucky s.o.a.b . :( didn't know how to explain the errors i was getting so i just copy-paste the first few. now this sh*t goes on forever, i can't even copy paste the whole of it there's Thousands of lines of these errors and I did my dyndolod likes ive done back in v.2.36 , v2.37-b1. never had these errors before :/ Only thing i have changed is Treelod=0 (for the hq trees) and beyond bruma line is commented out.
Edited by KorruptkSwades

Heya :) why is DynDOLOD doing this now ? I updated my dyndolod with 2.37beta3;

If I ESMify both i will need to completely redo my patches, especially for ELE. :/ this is weird. I must have done something wrong somewhere.

edit: hmm i might know why this happened, let me verify first and i'll be back in an hour to confirm.

so it did this because i made a .ESP (flagged .esl) patch to fix consistencies between Immersive Music and ELE_SSE. Basically I.M. adds new music entries to some worldspaces, in which ELE also changes stuff, because it was loaded during the dyndolod "construction" it auto-added both as masters. :( so can I safely disable the patch, run dyndo, then enable the patch to load AFTER dyndolod.esp at the bottom of my load order? the only changes in worldspace is some light and music.

Non paid mods ESL plugins are a bad idea atm since they are added to the ESM, while they should be added to the ESP.

See if it works when you generate without in them in load order. I do not know if the end result will do what it needs to.

I do not get why you need to flag a plugin ESL to fix anything what a normal ESP couldn't do?

(can't edit my original post. sorry for double post)

So hmmm I fixed the master issue... but... hmmm...

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [DE] DynDOLOD.esp

[00:00] Skyrimesm_0D0E59_DynDOLOD_LOD [REFR:DE01ACE9] (places NULL - Null Reference [00000000] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at -15,25)
[00:00] Skyrimesm_0D8769_DynDOLOD_LOD [REFR:DE01ACEA] (places NULL - Null Reference [00000000] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at -15,25)
[00:00] Skyrimesm_0D9B25_DynDOLOD_LOD [REFR:DE01ACEB] (places NULL - Null Reference [00000000] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of [CELL:00000D74] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C]) at -15,26)
[00:00]     REFR \ NAME - Base -> Found a NULL reference, expected:

I think i'm one unlucky s.o.a.b . :( didn't know how to explain the errors i was getting so i just copy-paste the first few. now this sh*t goes on forever, i can't even copy paste the whole of it there's Thousands of lines of these errors and I did my dyndolod likes ive done back in v.2.36 , v2.37-b1. never had these errors before :/ Only thing i have changed is Treelod=0 (for the hq trees) and beyond bruma line is commented out.

Looks like things went wrong. I am not going to guess. Post the log maybe?

Edited by sheson

[...]I do not get why you need to flag a plugin ESL to fix anything what a normal ESP couldn't do?

Looks like things went wrong. I am not going to guess. Post the log maybe?[...]

i made a esp (flaged esl) to save room for such small edits. but its deleted now i integrated it in a smash patch.

for the errors heres the file from my google drive if u wish to view it. I went ingame and managed to load a clean save, no ctd in whiterun nor when going outside but i didnt go far. will play later to see.

Edited by KorruptkSwades

i made a esp (flaged esl) to save room for such small edits. but its deleted now i integrated it in a smash patch.

for the errors heres the file from my google drive if u wish to view it. I went ingame and managed to load a clean save, no ctd in whiterun nor when going outside but i didnt go far. will play later to see.

Using a patch makes more sense. in any case the next beta will work better with non paid mods ESLs.

It is not a good idea to use DynDOLOD plugins that still have such errors. Something went wrong when base records link to NULL.

The log shows plenty of "No model defined for" errors. Those need to be fixed.

For starters, install DynDOLOD standalone into a new 'DynDOLOD' folder outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', the SteamApps or game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure. Do not mix with old versions or xEdit installation.

Using a patch makes more sense. in any case the next beta will work better with non paid mods ESLs.

It is not a good idea to use DynDOLOD plugins that still have such errors. Something went wrong when base records link to NULL.

The log shows plenty of "No model defined for" errors. Those need to be fixed.

For starters, install DynDOLOD standalone into a new 'DynDOLOD' folder outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', the SteamApps or game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure. Do not mix with old versions or xEdit installation.

I also have a pile of "no model defined for" errors. How would one go about fixing them?

I also have a pile of "no model defined for" errors. How would one go about fixing them?

Start by installing DynDOLOD standalone into a new 'DynDOLOD' folder outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', the SteamApps or game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure. Do not mix with old versions or xEdit installation.

Post new log if problems still persists after that.

Edited by sheson