DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Heya Shesson :) Thanks so much for what you did, the riverwood trader is now open again......... :p

So I redid a TEXGEN/DynDOLOD "construction" this afternoon. Everything went well I think. Just at the end thought LODGEN64 was hanging for quite a while and only one of the CMD windows closed on its own before DynDOLOD finished succesfully. the other window I had to close myself afterwards.

I made a full log folder + settings used in my google drive here for you if you wish to check out how things went for v2.38b. :)

Same load order/ mods.

FAQ: LODGen.exe runs a long time

A: The selected configuration options require a lot of work. Wait for all processes to complete before closing DynDOLOD.

Most likely LODGen.exe was not hanging but busy generating static object LOD for the world space. Looking at the LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt it seems it was interrupted. If you manually close it prematurely, then static object LOD for that worldspace will be incomplete.

Heya Shesson :) Thanks so much for what you did, the riverwood trader is now open again......... :p

So I redid a TEXGEN/DynDOLOD "construction" this afternoon. Everything went well I think. Just at the end thought LODGEN64 was hanging for quite a while and only one of the CMD windows closed on its own before DynDOLOD finished succesfully. the other window I had to close myself afterwards.

I made a full log folder + settings used in my google drive here for you if you wish to check out how things went for v2.38b. :)

Same load order/ mods.

Nope I did something wrong, Insta CTD in whiterun tundra. Must be something to do with Forest Borealis. Will remove and redo dyndo. I was testing on a COC to whiterun from the main menu. highly probably not dyndolods fault :)

Version 2.38 has fixed the problem I had as mentioned in post# 444.  Great updated, thanks.

The only logged error I had was in LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt:

file not found D:\skyrim special edition\data\meshes\lod\dbm\dbmsurface_lod_2.nif
Log ended at 6:27:22 PM
Code: 404

Version 2.38 has fixed the problem I had as mentioned in post# 444.  Great updated, thanks.

file not found D:\skyrim special edition\data\meshes\lod\dbm\dbmsurface_lod_2.nif

I wanted to edit this in, but looks like the edit expired.  :P 

Forgot to mention, \Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects appears empty, since I guess it just fails there.  This does not happen with 2.36 on the exact same load order.

FAQ: LODGen.exe runs a long time

A: The selected configuration options require a lot of work. Wait for all processes to complete before closing DynDOLOD.

Most likely LODGen.exe was not hanging but busy generating static object LOD for the world space. Looking at the LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt it seems it was interrupted. If you manually close it prematurely, then static object LOD for that worldspace will be incomplete.

Yea DynDOLOD did the "All successful" thingy and the pop up came saying save n close, exit, etc. once i saved and closed, there was still a lodgenx64 open but doing nothing. well visually at the least. :/

Recently after the latest DynDOLOD 2.38 update, I started getting this error that either DynDOLOD could not find master data in none.json, or DynDOLOD.esp could not be found. Before this, I made sure to be in an interior with DynDOLOD deactivated via the MCM

EDIT: This only happened with this version; all the other 2.36 and 2.37 betas seemed to update fine. As for the actual none.json file itself, I could not find any in my Mod Organizer 2 mods files. I did verify the DynDOLOD_Tamriel.json and DynDOLOD_Worlds.json though via JSONLint and they seemed to be fine. 

EDIT #2: I did the clean save update procedure again, and the issue still persists.

Edited by Martimius

Recently after the latest DynDOLOD 2.38 update, I started getting this error that either DynDOLOD could not find master data in none.json, or DynDOLOD.esp could not be found. Before this, I made sure to be in an interior with DynDOLOD deactivated via the MCM

EDIT: This only happened with this version; all the other 2.36 and 2.37 betas seemed to update fine. As for the actual none.json file itself, I could not find any in my Mod Organizer 2 mods files. I did verify the DynDOLOD_Tamriel.json and DynDOLOD_Worlds.json though via JSONLint and they seemed to be fine. 

EDIT #2: I did the clean save update procedure again, and the issue still persists.

Fresh DynDOLOD regen didn’t help either.

Version 2.38 has fixed the problem I had as mentioned in post# 444. Great updated, thanks.

Install the required DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.37 beta.

Yea DynDOLOD did the "All successful" thingy and the pop up came saying save n close, exit, etc. once i saved and closed, there was still a lodgenx64 open but doing nothing. well visually at the least. :/

The DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt also printed these messages:

[00:53:35.233]    Gave up waiting for D:\Program Files (x86)\[sSE Modding Tools]\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt to become available.

[00:53:35.244]     Wait for LODGenx64.exe to finish before closing DynDOLOD.exe

[01:03:45.099]    Gave up waiting for D:\Program Files (x86)\[sSE Modding Tools]\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_BSHeartland_log.txt to become available.

[01:03:45.137]        Wait for LODGenx64.exe to finish before closing DynDOLOD.exe

Closing a program forcefully means it never got to finish. Check its CPU usage.

FAQ: Skyrim: DynDOLOD can not read data from *.json / DynDOLOD can not find master data in *.json

A: Copy Meshes, Textures and SKSE (which includes the *.json files) from the output directory to the game directory. Make sure these files and DynDOLOD.esp are in sync from the same generation process.

A: Can also be a save game update gone wrong. Test with new game, if successful, repeat clean save procedure.

Make sure both DynDOLOD.esm and DynDOLOD.esp are activated in the load order. If the ESP is in the loader but it still says it can not be found, its broken.

There is no none.json, it usually means it did not find the current worldspace name in DynDOLOD_Worlds.json or could not even look it up for some reason.

Edited by sheson

FAQ: Skyrim: DynDOLOD can not read data from *.json / DynDOLOD can not find master data in *.json

A: Copy Meshes, Textures and SKSE (which includes the *.json files) from the output directory to the game directory. Make sure these files and DynDOLOD.esp are in sync from the same generation process.

So I'll uninstall the mod via MO2 and install it manually via copying instead?

So I'll uninstall the mod via MO2 and install it manually via copying instead?

The instructions are mod manager agnostic. Users are expected to know what "install to game directory" means for their setup. The FAQ answer is just to reiterate that *all* of the output needs to be installed.

If the DynDOLOD.esp is active and the "DynDOLOD.esp can not be found" message is shown it means either the SKSE papyrus function Game.GetModByName("DynDOLOD.esp") returns mod load order is 255 (seems unlikely in this case) or that that a specific record is missing from the plugin or returns no data.

Open the DynDOLOD plugins in xEdit and check both for errors. Then check if both contain the form id xx000910, a Keyword KYWD with a random bunch of numbers that both should be equal.

Maybe compare with plugins generated by older version. They will have different numbers. They are generated each time new plugins are generated from scratch.

I would assume if you compared the DynDOLOD_World.json files created by different version they should be similar and only the random "bunchofnumbers" would be different. 

You generate from scratch with no existing DynDOLOD plugins in the load order, correct?

Post/upload the DynDOLOD log from the last generation.

Edited by sheson

Something is wrong in the plugins actually. A whole lot of errors in SSEEdit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4h8tlkq8vaowm1/DynDOLOD%20Errors.txt?dl=0

Here's the log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4h8tlkq8vaowm1/DynDOLOD%20Errors.txt?dl=0

My load order isn't at or over 255 plugins so I don't know why that would be an issue.

Edited by Martimius

The errors were actually from the previous 2.37 beta 3 generation, which actually also resulted in an error too- no json stuff on new game, but there is a message that DynDOLOD.esp is missing. 

I do not have the logs of that previous generation, unfortunately. I mistakenly posted the same link to the SSEEdit error logs, thinking that I posted the DynDOLOD logs.

I'm going to regenerate again via the new version (2.38) and post the log when its done.