DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Hi all,

I'm having an issue that I first observed with the first version of 2.36 beta. I was never able to fix it and went back to the 2.30 stable. I just tried updating to Beta 10 in hopes that it would work, and I'm still having the same problem. I'd really love to try to fix it this time.

I'm running DynDoLOD as an executable through Mod Organizer 2, for SSE. I have "-sse" as the argument for both the TexGen64 and DynDoLod64 executables. File paths are as follows:

Mod Organizer: "C:\Games\Utilities\Mod Organizer for Skyrim Special Edition\modorganizer.exe"

DynDoLod: "E:\Entertainment\Games\Mods\Specific - Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD 2.36 Beta\DynDOLODx64.exe"

TexGen: "E:\Entertainment\Games\Mods\Specific - Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD 2.36 Beta\TexGenx64.exe"

When I launch TexGen 2.30, it executes and generates textures correctly.

When I launch DynDoLOD 2.30, it executes and generates LODs correctly.

When I launch TexGen 2.36, it executes and generates textures correctly.

When I launch DynDoLOD 2.36, I get the following error:

[00:00:00.000] DynDOLOD based on xEdit x64 starting session 2018-03-21 15:59:44
[00:00:00.005] Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\
[00:00:00.007] Using ini: -sse\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Skyrim.ini
[00:00:00.009] Fatal: Could not find ini

Does anyone know why it's adding "-sse" to the ini path instead of taking it as an argument?

Edit: Just realized I had asked this same question a few months ago.
- I ran Skyrim through its launcher as suggested. This did not fix the issue.
- I made sure that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Bethesda Softworks\Skyrim Special Edition "Installed path" is set to the actual installed path (C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition). It is set correctly.

Is there anything else that could be causing the issue?
Edited by Piranhaha

EDIT: **** me sideways. BitDefender quietly decided to block DynDOLOD without notifying me. I whitelisted it and it launches fine now. This whole freaking time it was BitDefender....  :cursing: 

To add to my previous post, I tried some exploration just to see if I could provide any potentially useful info.

If I remove the "-sse" argument, I get the following:

[00:00:00.000] DynDOLOD based on xEdit x64 starting session 2018-03-21 16:17:25
[00:00:00.004] Using Skyrim Data Path: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\
[00:00:00.007] Using ini: E:\Entertainment\Games\Mods\Specific - Skyrim Special Edition\TE\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini
[00:00:00.011] Fatal: Could not find ini

So it looks like there's a problem parsing the ini path when launching through MO2 (that wasn't there in DynDOLOD 2.30).

I can launch DynDoLOD 2.36 just by running the executable outside of Mod Organizer and it starts up fine (but then throws the expected error that it can't find its resources, because the resources are installed through MO2).

I tried moving DynDoLOD executable to the same drive as the Skyrim data path and updating the MO2 shortcut accordingly. When launching, I get a popup window that says "Fatal: Could not determine my documents folder" followed by:

[00:00:00.000] DynDOLOD based on xEdit x64 starting session 2018-03-21 16:21:47
[00:00:00.003] Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\
[00:00:00.005] Using ini: 
[00:00:00.008] Fatal: Could not find ini

This occurs regardless of if I have "-sse" as an argument.

Edited by Piranhaha

I’m just getting back to Skyrim after a couple years away - and I’m learning how to mod SSE.

A stand alone DynDoLOD is a very fine thing indeed, and I’m pretty impressed. Running into one problem: 

At night, while most distant lights look terrific (say, Dragonsreach from a distance), the roadside Lanterns from Lanterns of Skyrim come out looking like a string of yellow lollipops - it’s like they’re waaaay too bright, and they have a harsh cut off. My guess is, I’ve got a setting wrong. Any tips? 

Read the manual section about Glow LOD and Fake Lights in particular. Either change the brightness as explained or o not select the Fake lights selected world checkbox.

For me, it was decreasing the mesh size of the glow orbs that took care of that problem, as explained by you earlier in this thread. Not the brightness value. I'd suggest decreasing that mesh size in the next release/beta of DynDOLOD, unless most users prefer the present default value.

Hello. I was trying to find an answer to why no esp and esm files are created with the latest beta when using DynDOLOD64.exe, it did work with a previous beta, just tested it and it still does with the previous. Mod Organizer 2.1.2 here.

Nowhere I can see an option to edit the post, so here's an excerpt from the logs:

[00:00:00.004] Creating new DynDOLOD.esm
[00:00:00.013] Creating new DynDOLOD.esp
[00:00:00.050] DynDOLOD.esp=104 > DynDOLOD.esm=103 > 14
[00:00:00.071] DynDOLOD.esm found
[00:00:00.079] DynDOLOD.esp found

However NO DynDOLOd.esm or esp are created. HERE are the full logs.

EDIT2: False alarm! Looked again in my directory and they are there... I do not know what windows did to me, first time such issue. I even went in and out of the folder and they weren't shown. Now I can see them. Strange but true. Please disregard.
Edited by outdatedTV

Nowhere I can see an option to edit the post, so here's an excerpt from the logs:

[00:00:00.004] Creating new DynDOLOD.esm
[00:00:00.013] Creating new DynDOLOD.esp
[00:00:00.050] DynDOLOD.esp=104 > DynDOLOD.esm=103 > 14
[00:00:00.071] DynDOLOD.esm found
[00:00:00.079] DynDOLOD.esp found

However NO DynDOLOd.esm or esp are created. HERE are the full logs.

EDIT2: False alarm! Looked again in my directory and they are there... I do not know what windows did to me, first time such issue. I even went in and out of the folder and they weren't shown. Now I can see them. Strange but true. Please disregard.

Use "Save & Exit", just "Exit' is not guaranteed to always save the generated plugins.

Hi there.

I'm still confused about which mods I need to have active before I'll run the DynDOLOD. I know, for example plugins that alters the LODs (like that about the white city for "Bruma" ), okay I got it - these needs to be active. But, what about the rest plugins?

The cities expansions... the new landscape places... oblivion gates... etc?

Is there a "pattern" of what we need to have active?

• +1 1

Hey Lupus, good question. In my last attempt I deactivated Realistic Water 2 for the generation as it was a topic before that it can ruin the water LODs. Apart from that I had pretty much everything active, but I do not use Open Cities and most other mods that restrict too much the compatibility.

Hi there.

I'm still confused about which mods I need to have active before I'll run the DynDOLOD. I know, for example plugins that alters the LODs (like that about the white city for "Bruma" ), okay I got it - these needs to be active. But, what about the rest plugins?

The cities expansions... the new landscape places... oblivion gates... etc?

Is there a "pattern" of what we need to have active?

This gets asked so often it is unreal considering that it is also touched on in the manual.

Generally have all mods active for consistency. You can disable plugins or mods if you know you do not care about their effect for LOD if they have any.

The patcher can only use the existing data in the load order when it creates the patch, so you need to consider the overwrite order before and after LOD generation for plugins that modify/add world and cell records, but also base records that are used by references that have LOD.

RWT2 is a good example. Among other things RWT2 modifies the world record to set different water LOD. If that plugin is not last in the load order when LOD is generated, that change will not be present in the DynDOLOD plugin. Consequently the RWT2 plugin would have to load after the DynDOLOD plugin in order for that particular change to take effect. This can have consequences on other records in the two plugins as well. If the RWT2 plugin was the last plugin in the load order when LOD was generated, then the DynDOLOD plugin also contains that change and can load after without any problem. Obviously such issues can also solved by manually updating plugins with the correct records or data.

Edited by sheson