DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Hey Sheson.  First, thank you for DynDOLOD, and now that I've figured out the functionality a bit (largely thanks to your helpful advice in another thread), it's worked like a charm for me so far.  I've had to play around with some different settings, trial and error, but I've gotten it to where it's working mostly with everything in my game now, providing beautiful LOD, and such a detailed world map.

So, I was curious, will the current build work with LotD 4.0 or are we going to have to wait for a new rules set?  Or is there a way to adjust it ourselves for 4.0 support, such as renaming the rules .ini files for the new .esm format of LotD?

Hey Sheson.  First, thank you for DynDOLOD, and now that I've figured out the functionality a bit (largely thanks to your helpful advice in another thread), it's worked like a charm for me so far.  I've had to play around with some different settings, trial and error, but I've gotten it to where it's working mostly with everything in my game now, providing beautiful LOD, and such a detailed world map.

So, I was curious, will the current build work with LotD 4.0 or are we going to have to wait for a new rules set?  Or is there a way to adjust it ourselves for 4.0 support, such as renaming the rules .ini files for the new .esm format of LotD?

I am just looking at the new version these days and will provide update rules soon. You can definitely do the renaming of esp to esm in the filename and in the file itself.

Other than that I am not sure yet if new/updated rules are really required, but I want to update how the Gildhouse is done and make more things appear on the map, based on the feedback.

Well I went through all the things That were in worldspace deleting all the things like a madman but in the end it was THIS lil jerk

Not sure why but my Talos statue from No Snow under roof was causing my game to CTD. I restored everything before I started pulling records and bingo, CTD. Removed just that one record from static and BINGO, no CTD

TLDR: I messed around with some .nifs to mash some mod together and missed one. Working fine now plus Talos gets is nice fancy looking snowy shoulders.

Christ, 3 hours for a Talos in the north to have snowy shoulders. Welcome to Skyrim modding eh?

That is how it goes. Just to be sure I understand it correctly, the nif was damaged somehow and reinstalling fixed it?

Edited by sheson

I am just looking at the new version these days and will provide update rules soon. You can definitely do the renaming of esp to esm in the filename and in the file itself.

Other than that I am not sure yet if new/updated rules are really required, but I want to update how the Gildhouse is done and make more things appear on the map, based on the feedback.

Sounds great.  I have my rules file names updated as well as went into them with notepad++ to replace all the .esp references to .esm, so when I install 4.0 and run DynDOLOD hopefully that will work.  As far as I know, all the form IDs should still be the same, as all they did was change it from an .esp to an .esm and fixed a few bugs that were still left.  My current playthrough has already had its LOD generated and is working fine, so figured it would be safe to go ahead and edit those rules files to be ready for when I install LotD 4.0 to start my new playthrough.  Thanks for the advice again.

As for making things appear on the map, I hope my feedback about the museum helped.  Couldn't get it to work for the guild house and planetarium, though, even setting their rules to use the full model for everything.  Maybe I'd need to use the base models they used for those instead.  Also a real pain getting it to get the rocks that are built up around the back of the museum to generate map atlas models to cover the one little gap still left at the back of the museum, but that wasn't really such an issue to me.  Easy enough to overlook.

Edited by ScottyRage

That is how it goes. Just to be sure I understand it correctly, the nif was damaged somehow and reinstalling fixed it?

The .nif was fine. User error, or in this case too much user interference!

I was using the statue textures from Stunning Statues and the .nifs from No Snow Under Roof except for the Snowy Talos statue and forgot to change the name of the .nif. So the Snowy One overlooking the bridge at Windhelm CTDed the game. Silly me, my bad. Took awhile but still felt good to pinpoint the corruption.

Thanks for the hand holding

Hello :)

"Waiting for LODGenx64.exe to finish..."

Little DOS window churning out "Finished LOD level 4 coord ..."

from 17 min  straight to 27 min sec.

"Gave up waiting for C:\Users\~~~~\Desktop\SSE LOOSE FILES\- DynDOLOD Dynamic BETA -\DynDOLOD 2.36\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt to become available.

All the while the littel DOS window is still churning out "Finished LOD level 4 coor..."

Message says : "Wait for LODGenx64.exe to finish before closing DynDOLOD.exe"

that means I have to wait till that little DOS window is finished ?

I mean that could take a while, right ?

What can I do? I remember it finishing quicker ?

Cheers

-=DD=-

Hello :)

"Waiting for LODGenx64.exe to finish..."

Little DOS window churning out "Finished LOD level 4 coord ..."

from 17 min  straight to 27 min sec.

"Gave up waiting for C:\Users\~~~~\Desktop\SSE LOOSE FILES\- DynDOLOD Dynamic BETA -\DynDOLOD 2.36\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt to become available.

All the while the littel DOS window is still churning out "Finished LOD level 4 coor..."

Message says : "Wait for LODGenx64.exe to finish before closing DynDOLOD.exe"

that means I have to wait till that little DOS window is finished ?

I mean that could take a while, right ?

What can I do? I remember it finishing quicker ?

Cheers

-=DD=-

FAQ: LODGen.exe runs a long time

A: The selected configuration options require a lot of work. Wait for all processes to complete before closing DynDOLOD.

A: If there are more objects with LOD, it takes longer and creates larger files. If there are more triangles in the models used for LOD, it takes longer and creates larger files. If there are more triangles in the terrain meshes, it takes longer.

A: Do not use the experimental TreeFullFallBack=1 setting without understanding what it does and what it is for.

Hello, Sheson. 

First, thank you for all your work and for answering the questions in this and adjacent threads, many of them helped me a lot. 

I have very strange bug in my game and I cannot figure out what causes it. At some point of playthrough all the water reflections "freezes" at certain state and stays the same. Neither daytime nor character position changing does not do anything with reflections. Only game relaunch. Besides there is a strange line that divides water reflections (it always heads to 45°, for example south-west and north-west from current character position). 

Using DynDOLOD 2.36. Can LODs be the cause of this problem? If not, do you have any thoughts on this?

Video demonstrating this effect: https://youtu.be/D0I2_KXcl6M

Hello, Sheson. 

First, thank you for all your work and for answering the questions in this and adjacent threads, many of them helped me a lot. 

I have very strange bug in my game and I cannot figure out what causes it. At some point of playthrough all the water reflections "freezes" at certain state and stays the same. Neither daytime nor character position changing does not do anything with reflections. Only game relaunch. Besides there is a strange line that divides water reflections (it always heads to 45°, for example south-west and north-west from current character position). 

Using DynDOLOD 2.36. Can LODs be the cause of this problem? If not, do you have any thoughts on this?

Video demonstrating this effect: https://youtu.be/D0I2_KXcl6M

Looks like something stops updating the cubemap reflections. This is an engine function and I don't see how LOD would be able to change it. The vanilla game already has LOD, too.

Typically the cubemap is updated all the time since the INI setting sets it to 0

[Water]

fCubeMapRefreshRate=0.0000

There are a few more settings related to the cubemap reflections, https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_INI/Water.

Hi Sheson, a big thank you for creating DynDOLOD. I've been using it for Oldrim, for SSE, and recently for Skyrim VR (via SSE), and it's always provided that big extra in terms of graphics and immersion.

I wanted to ask if it's possible in the next version to have a -vr command line argument (like -sse for Skyrim SE), that would default the path to Skyrim VR instead of Skyrim Special Edition. It is a bit painful right now to create LODs in SSE and copy them over to Skyrim VR, as installed active mods need to be identical. Also, at least until SKSE comes out, the Generate DynDOLOD option needs to be disabled for VR to work properly (otherwise it would constantly complain about not finding *.json files, as well as DynDOLOD.esp). It would still complain (once on load) that it doesn't find SKSE, but the message seems to be just a warning, and everything looks and works great. And I have to say it takes the immersion all the way :)

Hi Sheson, a big thank you for creating DynDOLOD. I've been using it for Oldrim, for SSE, and recently for Skyrim VR (via SSE), and it's always provided that big extra in terms of graphics and immersion.

I wanted to ask if it's possible in the next version to have a -vr command line argument (like -sse for Skyrim SE), that would default the path to Skyrim VR instead of Skyrim Special Edition. It is a bit painful right now to create LODs in SSE and copy them over to Skyrim VR, as installed active mods need to be identical. Also, at least until SKSE comes out, the Generate DynDOLOD option needs to be disabled for VR to work properly (otherwise it would constantly complain about not finding *.json files, as well as DynDOLOD.esp). It would still complain (once on load) that it doesn't find SKSE, but the message seems to be just a warning, and everything looks and works great. And I have to say it takes the immersion all the way :)

Yes, that will be added. Just do not select "Generate DynDOLOD" for now and hide the "scripts" folder from Resources.

After a successful attempt at getting 2.36 to work, I needed to redo it after realising that Dynamic Fires causes giant camps to pop in and out of existence when near.

So the next time I installed DynDOLOD Resources, it now refuses to create the selected .esps - which means I can't complete the process.

I don't know how or why this is happening, as nothing changed besides the removal of Dynamic Fires.

I've deleted/redownloaded/re-installed 5 times now and it DynDOLOD Resources still doesn't create any .esp's.

I can see in the zip file the esp's look like this - "SolitudeExterior_Tamriel.patch" - is this an issue?

Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Using NMM.

Edited by xii7

After a successful attempt at getting 2.36 to work, I needed to redo it after realising that Dynamic Fires causes giant camps to pop in and out of existence when near.

So the next time I installed DynDOLOD Resources, it now refuses to create the selected .esps - which means I can't complete the process.

I don't know how or why this is happening, as nothing changed besides the removal of Dynamic Fires.

I've deleted/redownloaded/re-installed 5 times now and it DynDOLOD Resources still doesn't create any .esp's.

I can see in the zip file the esp's look like this - "SolitudeExterior_Tamriel.patch" - is this an issue?

Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Using NMM.

Read the section "Other new stuff" in first post.

hi sheson, i have a problem with dyndolod.

After his execution, he shows me an error every time in all the logs saying "Error reading meshes \ terrain \ ......... \ ............ xx. x.xx.btr from BSA / BA2 The lz4 assembly requires the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 runtime installedlz4.AnyCPU.loader

Log ended at 11:39:56

Code: 601 "

I have however VCRedistx86 and x64 2017 installed which should logically suffice. My system is up to date, PapyrusUtil 3.4, SKSE64 2.0.7, AV disabled, UAC to a minimum, I tried to change the DynDoLod folder instead (at the root of the MO2 and SE drive), tried the DynDoLodx86, as an administrator on everything (MO2 and Dyn), etc ... but nothing to do.

I really do not understand why, I read the pages before and change location the folder does not solve anything. It worked very well before with MO 2.1.1 and since the maj beta 11 impossible to execute it by MO2 2.1.2. All the other tools work but not the one in the end.

If you had a solution can be or a start of the track, thank you.

hi sheson, i have a problem with dyndolod.

After his execution, he shows me an error every time in all the logs saying "Error reading meshes \ terrain \ ......... \ ............ xx. x.xx.btr from BSA / BA2 The lz4 assembly requires the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 runtime installedlz4.AnyCPU.loader
Log ended at 11:39:56
Code: 601 "

I have however VCRedistx86 and x64 2017 installed which should logically suffice. My system is up to date, PapyrusUtil 3.4, SKSE64 2.0.7, AV disabled, UAC to a minimum, I tried to change the DynDoLod folder instead (at the root of the MO2 and SE drive), tried the DynDoLodx86, as an administrator on everything (MO2 and Dyn), etc ... but nothing to do.

I really do not understand why, I read the pages before and change location the folder does not solve anything. It worked very well before with MO 2.1.1 and since the maj beta 11 impossible to execute it by MO2 2.1.2. All the other tools work but not the one in the end.

If you had a solution can be or a start of the track, thank you.

Ok, so in the end you need the 2015 version of VCRedist for it to work. The problem is that the 2017 version removes the 2015 version unlike other updates before.

I just removed the VCRedist 2017 and reinstall the 2015, launch DynDoLod64 and everything works. By installing VCRedist 2017 after seeing that it deletes the 2015 version, it is the return of the errors.