DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Hi there,

now I was able to solve the issue with the missing mill wings and all of them (the SMIMy ones) are there, at least @ Solitude and different farms. The animations worked all along if they were there. When I generated the working package I unfortunately missed to note what I´ve done in particular. Sorry, my fault. I tried to reproduce it and made a second package, but it doesn´t work and the same issues appear. At least I can give you the screens of the second run and which adjustments I´ve made before generating the second Dyndolod.

https://imgur.com/a/WEomG

Oddly this run doesn´t work properly, but basically I choose the "high" setting and changed the options for the three wing models on the right side (something with the full model (original?) in use and without fade). Sorry, but I tested a lot (or better: a lod) today and one run at high settings costs apr. 30 min with my rig (medium only 10). I also realized it is quite important to start a new game (best with "LAL") or Dyndolod won´t be triggered correctly and the activation option in MCM stays grey, even outdoors. SSE engine is still kind of picky, regarding scripts even more than Oldrim...at least it seems to be.

Some other stuff I´ve noticed:

• the small manual for updating Dyndolod in MCM is not completely readable.
  • I don´t know if "Dawnstar Overhaul" will be supported, but a part of the wall doesn´t have any lod (the little shelter on the wall is hovering until getting closer) :  https://imgur.com/a/Tq3TL

Anyways, it´s a great tool you´ve given to the community and the landscape looks pretty amazing now. Thank you very much :)

Great that you were able to sort out the windmills.

Could you elaborate what you mean by "the small manual for updating Dyndolod in MCM is not completely readable"?  Are you using a custom font maybe? Maybe post a screenshot if you can.

I do not recognize the that stucture from Dawn Star Overhaul. Must be a new model shipping with the mod and there is no dedicated LOD model for it. You could try to create a mesh rule for static object LOD for it. See the manual Custom Settings For Specific Mods / Revamped Assets Skyrim, Sexy Azura Statue for how to add a mesh rule for a full model nif to receive static object LOD.

To save time when you do test generations with different settings/options just generate the one worldspace you need for testing. When you test new mesh rules for static object LOD, uncheck tree/DynDOLOD.

Use mod manager profiles to have minimal load order only with essential mods and the one(s) you are testing LOD generation for. Disable hi-res terrain meshes for quicker LODGen.exe. Once satisfied use normal profile with everything and do the full LOD generation from scratch as usual. You will be closer to 5 min just for Tamriel for testing things.

Yes, indeed I use a (very nice) font replacer:

https://rd.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/386/?

On the right Dyndolod MCM screen one can only see half of the sentenses about how to update Dyndolod properly. Next time I can do the screenshot.

Your hints about effective testing are very helpful, thank you.

For today, I´m done with testing since I´ve spend a lot of hours with. :coffee:

Maybe one day I can start a real game with a character. skyrim_awesome_smiley_by_e_rap-d4hmj07.p

See the last few message at the end of the log that say

Gave up waiting for C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt to become available.

This is rather odd, as it didn't even seem to waited at all (should be at least some minutes). That indicates there was a problem with the spawned LODGen64.exe that generates the static object LOD.

Check the LODGen logs like ..DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt for clues. They should end with 

Log ended at xx:xx:xx
Code: 0

Unrelated, you should probably clean the UDRs from EconomyOverhaulandSpeechcraftImprovements.esp

Hmm, should have seen that myself. Even weirder, there are no such files as LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt! How can that be?

Hmm, should have seen that myself. Even weirder, there are no such files as LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt! How can that be?

That happens when LODGenx64.exe does not get to write a log because an error is stopping it prematurely.

Run it manually by starting LODGenx64.exe from a command prompt and check for error messages. If it works ("Nothing to do") without command line parameters, copy an execution line from the log that is right beneath a line stating Executing LODGenx64.exe and starts with "C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" --inputfile ...

That happens when LODGenx64.exe does not get to write a log because an error is stopping it prematurely.

Run it manually by starting LODGenx64.exe from a command prompt and check for error messages. If it works ("Nothing to do") without command line parameters, copy an execution line from the log that is right beneath a line stating Executing LODGenx64.exe and starts with "C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" --inputfile ...

Did it, worked fine with following log: https://pastebin.com/GC0Dn8hh

Did it, worked fine with following log: https://pastebin.com/GC0Dn8hh

Then it should also work when started from within DynDOLOD. Possible causes this does not happen are UAC or antivirus. Either add exceptions or try running everything as admin. Installing DynDOLOD into its down dedicated folder instead of any game folders might help.

You can also just install the BTO meshes created in the output folder from the manual run. Just repeat for the other worldspaces.

Hello, first to nothing, thanks for this great tool, I have had used DYNDOLOD in skyrim LE, without problems, and the first release of DYNDOLOD for special edition, without problemas as well. But after a lot of hour and tries using 2.36  version I just managed to complete de process WITHOUT Dynamic LODS, if I activate Dynamic Distant Objects a problem reveals (seems it is at the end of the process), when I close the process It gives me archives and the .esm and .esp inside the output folder.

-I have read about checking the mods for errors, I identificated them and deactivated, but the problem persist.

-Followed guides, manuals, videos to ensure I was doing everything correctly. 

-No overclock, no overheating, no antivirus activated.

-The load order seems to be fine, using loot and without the bashed patch activated.

Doesn't matter what I do always the same error, and I don't get it, that path folder doesn't even exist:

Exception in unit userscript line 325: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 2216) 

Would be great if you give me any advice or suggestion, thanks for everything. C:

PD: My firstborn is already yours, and I can give you my brother's firstborn too...<3

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

Edited by SLOWMAN87

Hello, first to nothing, thanks for this great tool, I have had used DYNDOLOD in skyrim LE, without problems, and the first release of DYNDOLOD for special edition, without problemas as well. But after a lot of hour and tries using 2.36  version I just managed to complete de process WITHOUT Dynamic LODS, if I activate Dynamic Distant Objects a problem reveals (seems it is at the end of the process), when I close the process It gives me archives and the .esm and .esp inside the output folder.

-I have read about checking the mods for errors, I identificated them and deactivated, but the problem persist.

-Followed guides, manuals, videos to ensure I was doing everything correctly. 

-No overclock, no overheating, no antivirus activated.

-The load order seems to be fine, using loot and without the bashed patch activated.

Doesn't matter what I do always the same error, and I don't get it, that path folder doesn't even exist:

Exception in unit userscript line 325: Assertion failure (C:\Delphi\projects\DynDOLOD\wbImplementation.pas, line 2216) 

Would be great if you give me any advice or suggestion, thanks for everything. C:

PD: My firstborn is already yours, and I can give you my brother's firstborn too...

Use xEdit to remove the erroneously added duplicate xx000800 DLC2SolstheimWorld and all its children from Genesis Watchtowers Reborn.esp.

You should probably clean the UDRs from Kato's Ivarstead.esp, also.

Then LOD generation should work without a problem.

Edited by sheson

Use xEdit to remove the erroneously added duplicate xx000800 DLC2SolstheimWorld and all its children from Genesis Watchtowers Reborn.esp.

You should probably clean the UDRs from Kato's Ivarstead.esp, also.

Then LOD generation should work without a problem.

Wow! it did work! thank you sheson, your help and mods means a lot for us! Two more firstborn to the list!!! xD xD xD

Edited by SLOWMAN87

RE: SSE Beta7

So I get a CTD upon loading into Solstheim, 100 percent of the time, despite having earlier been able to successfully load in with DynDOLOD active (I'd run it before actually finalizing my load order because I wanted to see if my self-ported Spice of Life Forts would work). After running it a second (and third, and fourth ... lol) time from scratch and starting a new game I get the crash.

I do not CTD, however, with just the meshes/textures enabled. So, esp/esm enabled, always CTD. Esp/esm disabled, all dandy.

link to my log (was too big for pastebin)

It told me it was successful at the end. Help would be appreciated. :) 

RE: SSE Beta7

So I get a CTD upon loading into Solstheim, 100 percent of the time, despite having earlier been able to successfully load in with DynDOLOD active (I'd run it before actually finalizing my load order because I wanted to see if my self-ported Spice of Life Forts would work). After running it a second (and third, and fourth ... lol) time from scratch and starting a new game I get the crash.

I do not CTD, however, with just the meshes/textures enabled. So, esp/esm enabled, always CTD. Esp/esm disabled, all dandy.

link to my log (was too big for pastebin)

It told me it was successful at the end. Help would be appreciated. :) 

The log is reporting deleted references and missing models (just above the long list of plugins modifying large references causing texture flicker)

Clean the reported plugins and make sure the missing models are installed. Then generate LOD again.

If that does not fix it, see the readme.txt how to use debug mode to check for meshes used by dynamic LOD causing a problem.

If that does not help, it is usually quick to find the cause of a consistent problem by removing chunks of data from the plugins. We can go into more detail of  the above did not help.

Edited by sheson

OK. I (re)cleaned the game .esms, I temporarily removed CACO (I have a beta SSE version from the author) even though if I recall in vanilla it was also missing models; I found the missing NSUTR models from vanilla and ported them.

... I think the real problem was a stupid on my end though. I'd originally ported Ash Rocks (not to be confused with Better Dynamic Ash) and had merged a single record in my custom merged patch. I later removed Ash Rocks for BDA, but my merged patch was still pointed to a mesh from Ash Rocks. I fixed that too, and all is well.

Thanks so much for showing me where to look. :)

OK. I (re)cleaned the game .esms, I temporarily removed CACO (I have a beta SSE version from the author) even though if I recall in vanilla it was also missing models; I found the missing NSUTR models from vanilla and ported them.

... I think the real problem was a stupid on my end though. I'd originally ported Ash Rocks (not to be confused with Better Dynamic Ash) and had merged a single record in my custom merged patch. I later removed Ash Rocks for BDA, but my merged patch was still pointed to a mesh from Ash Rocks. I fixed that too, and all is well.

Thanks so much for showing me where to look. :)

It's great that the log helped to sort this out and you got it working.