DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

Is a fix or a workaround for the lod not unloading when fast travelling possible? Maybe artificially increasing the load times to assure the lod has been unloaded?

AFAIK nobody knows the cause or has a fix for that issue in Skyrim SE that also happens with vanilla LOD.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I'm on Windows 10, and every time I run DynDOLOD, the pinned entries in my File Explorer Quick Access magically disappear. This can be annoying, since a lot of my productivity depends on getting to these folders quickly. And, of course, it's no fun always having to recreate the entries. Any idea whether this is a Windows bug or a (heaven forbid!) DynDOLOD bug?

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I'm on Windows 10, and every time I run DynDOLOD, the pinned entries in my File Explorer Quick Access magically disappear. This can be annoying, since a lot of my productivity depends on getting to these folders quickly. And, of course, it's no fun always having to recreate the entries. Any idea whether this is a Windows bug or a (heaven forbid!) DynDOLOD bug?

Hey, this is a known bug with Mod Organizer 2.1.1. Will be fixed with 2.1.2. You can get a beta on the MO2 DEV Discord. I presume you are using MO2?

Hey Sheson,

Need your help again please. I have generated static lod only and having an issue with window lod showing (from certain distance, i.e. whitewatch tower) on the dragonsreach, however the rest of the roof isn't. Any pointers on how to fix it? Running SSE dyndolod beta 10, static only.

Thanks

Edited by sm0kem

Hey Sheson,

Need your help again please. I have generated static lod only and having an issue with window lod showing (from certain distance, i.e. whitewatch tower) on the dragonsreach, however the rest of the roof isn't. Any pointers on how to fix it? Running SSE dyndolod beta 10, static only.

Thanks

Please upload DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt and DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_TES5_Tamriel.txt to a file service for me to check.

Really odd, I can not replicate this and the log and export file do not show anything.

Can you check meshes\terrain\Tamriel\Objects\Tamriel.4.4.0.bto and meshes\terrain\Tamriel\Objects\Tamriel.8.0.0.bto in nifskope if they show the roof and if it is the same shape as the rest of the building? Just clock on it to highlight the the triangles.

Upload those files too if you like.

God, i hate Mondays... just got around to my desktop... sigh... Hope all those firstborn millennials are working out for you Sheson  :teehee:  

Anyhow, both LOD meshes look consistent and render just fine in NifScope. Here they are along with TexGen atlas, maybe you can spot something fishy: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ec67gipszte5jk2/sm0kem%20Dragonsreach%20BTO.7z?dl=0

P.S. Could it be ini settings?

God, i hate Mondays... just got around to my desktop... sigh... Hope all those firstborn millennials are working out for you Sheson  :teehee:  

Anyhow, both LOD meshes look consistent and render just fine in NifScope. Here they are along with TexGen atlas, maybe you can spot something fishy: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ec67gipszte5jk2/sm0kem%20Dragonsreach%20BTO.7z?dl=0

P.S. Could it be ini settings?

The roof and the stone tower it sits on and the porch are all one shape and in the same segment (cell) in the BTO. Their LOD can only load/unload together.

What happens when you set the Large Object Distance slider to the left? (uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in SkyrimPrefs.ini)

The roof is loading when you get near?

Edited by sheson