Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul (by kryptopyr)

darkside

If we do wind up including this at some point that'll come in handy less (kinda but not really since we'd also be adding) to download.

Well, at current, this mod replaces three mods now so it would be worth it, imo. I'm also thinking that it might be best to drop Radiant and Unique Potions, if this is added. Else, we would need a compare of every texture conflict found in xEdit to determine which one we would want to keep. CACO changes some of the bottles to different sizes, so that would also need be to taken into account. I patched this up myself based on best guesses for my testing, but it just seemed like more trouble than it was worth at the time. I still haven't been able to start a new game to test yet.

EDIT:

I added a lot more detail to the testing instructions in the OP from my personal experience of installing this.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also thinking that it might be best to drop Radiant and Unique Potions, if this is added.

I mean, you do realize I have a patch for exactly this on the Nexus already, right? I hand-picked many of the models to fill in the gaps between the two mods. The desc page delves into the finer details of the patch.

• +1 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking mod for sure!  lots of work!  Along with the patch compilation!  Look forward to starting my new game with it.

Quick question, so if I attempt to use a sorting mod as well (say Enhanced Better Sorting), would I need to find one without the potions/poisons?  or just have that load prior to this mod?

edit: actually looks like I could deselect installation of potions, poisons, food and ingredients if needed from EBS, so I guess I should do that.

Edited by BahamutZ
  • +1 1

yeah, I imagine EBS has a plugin to modify the names of items and that means any item it renames would be entirely replaced with the EBS version of that item. CACO does have a patch for "alternate names" (read: better sorting) available in the CACO Patches DL so you could use that for the best of both worlds!