Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul (by kryptopyr)

darkside

I never got file of the month and I don't care because it would have been deleted by now anyway due to my collection. If I look where RF is now, it is more than I ever expected. I think the reason was simple though why I never got it: I always would release near the voting end cycle and people don't deem my mods big enough individually. I think TACO would have jumped slightly higher if you got more people in. We all know it is due to Hearthfire at the end of the day. As you say though, it doesn't matter at all because it still won.

Yeah, I'm not at all interested in altering my mods or modding habits in order to maximize my chances for file of the month.  It's just not that important, and certainly not anything worth worrying about.  The majority of the mods that I consider essential to the game have never been featured in a file of the month list, and many of the mods that do end up making the list I have no interest in ever using (which isn't intended to put down those mods in any way, most just aren't my preference).

• +1 2

Most people browse the top lists, not by files of the month. As you say, it really doesn't matter and you shouldn't care. No, certainly don't alter a mod to appease a few people, I never suggested it. You have done as you pleased, which is what you should do. I have seen a huge amount of awesome mods go unheard of, which is sad. Looking at wiseman's new mod is just plain odd it doesn't have more recognition as it is a fix. Another problem is the perverted men that seem to make up a lot of this scene. Every week a new 'slapper' follower and some distasteful nude or skimpy textures/meshes are worthy of the hot files apparently. I just want to turn my back and walk away for good when I see this.

This is essentially a heads-up to anyone who's thinking of playing with CACO before a new STEP:E patch can fix the conflicts (if it even gets accepted into step).

• Clams Drop Pearls - uninstall CACO replaces this mod
  • WM Trap Fixes - Flora Harvest script (coin purses) - Load CACO after WTF - confirmed by WM will only lose some functionality
  • Ragdoll Paralysis - (CACO adds paralysis resist and a KYWD for duration) - patchable in TESVEdit
  • Invisibility Eyes Fix - (CACO changes cost and sound for alch invis) - patchable in TESVEdit
  • AOS - misc. sounds tied to paralysis vs CACO paralysis changes - patchable in TESVEdit
  • SMIM - CACO uses a mesh that SMIM ruins (or vice versa) - uninstall hawkfeathers01.nif from SMIM or remove the texture data CACO applies to that mesh (on chicken feathers)

CACO applies alternate textures to meshes that already exist to create brand new ingredients (my favorite was bread loaf -> animal lung). Unfortunately, this means conflicts abound with any sort of modified mesh mods (SMIM).

If you have these meshes and they're modified from their original shape, you're going to have visual defects:

ingredients

FrostbiteVenom.nif
HagFeathers.nif
CreepClusterRoot01.nif
PotionNectar.nif
SabreCatEye.nif
BearClaws.nif
INGRpondfish01.nif
INGRpondfish02.nif
PearlSmall.nif
ElvesEar.nif
DogMeat.nif
Deadpondfish03.nif
Coal01.nif
RuinsLinenWrap01.nif
WispWrappings.nif
DreughWax.nif
DragonflyBlue.nif
PotionBloodCreature.nif
Voidsalts.nif
Trollfat01.nif
Moonsugar01.nif
Bonemeal01.nif
Ectoplasm.nif
HawkFeather01.nif - not SMIM compatible

Flora
ChickenNest01.nif
FloraMushroom03.nif

ingestibles

Stew.nif - SMIM compatible
BeefMeat.nif
Ale.nif
DLC2AshYam01.nif
MudcrabChitin.nif
FrostbiteVenom01.nif
tart01.nif
GrilledLeeks01.nif
ClamMeat.nif
PheasantMeatCooked01.nif
ChickenMeat01.nif
LiverIng.nif
Venison.nif
PotionFortifySkill01.nif

Edited by onem4nb4nd
  • +1 1

Take the SMIM meshes, rename them and place them in this mods directory. I guess SMIM should have been the default base for this mod. A lot of the stuff could have been done with texture sets too, to cut out a lot of similar meshes.

Take the SMIM meshes, rename them and place them in this mods directory. I guess SMIM should have been the default base for this mod. A lot of the stuff could have been done with texture sets too, to cut out a lot of similar meshes.

Yeah, that would probably be the simplest at this time. I've just added edits to my manual compatibility patch that simply removes the alternate textures, but you'd have to do that to each and every offender.

Yeah, I just saw your comment on the mod page.  I'll move your comment to the bug posts, even though it's really more just a different type of compatibility issue, and I'll see what I can do to address those issue.  Please report any additional mesh/texture issues that you encounter.  The bug reports are a really handy way for me to keep track of what things I need to look, so that's the best place to list stuff like this.

• +1 1

I was wondering if anyone here is going to use my Radiant Potions patch for CACO?

If you will, would you prefer to have every Radiant model just for consistency?
or would you prefer a mixture for the best of both worlds, hand-picked by me (and my lavishly good taste :thumbsup:)?

Keep in mind CACO uses alternate textures on the same mesh to show an increase in potency, the higher tier the potion the brighter it looks. Always the same bottle, different color.
Radiant Potions uses alternate meshes and textures to show difference in the higher tiers; an entirely new bottle.

Regenerate Health
Radiant -> CACO
s2aWb1j.jpg7qniaUt.jpg

Edited by onem4nb4nd
  • +1 1

Well, I've finished my STEP patch for CACO.

It's expanded from just Radiant and Unique Potions & Poisons to all STEP conflicts.

I have three versions.

1. "STEP" patch - This plugin has merged all the USKP, Coin Replacer Redux, CCORand Alternate Names patches that are available from CACO for STEP installers, especially. With this, you don't need any of those patch plugins. 
    I've also patched the 3 mods' compatibility issues described above: AOS, Ragdoll Paralysis and Invisibility Eyes Fix
  2. Same as option 1  without the CACO_Alternate Names patch merged in - If you want the STEP patch but don't want it to rename your potions and foods to a better inventory sorting method.
  3. Radiant and Unique Potions + SMIM compatibility, nothing else.

On top of it all, I've "fixed" the SMIM mesh problems by just removing CACO's alternate textures from the items I found which didn't fit their meshes. Chicken Feathers will now look like the Hawk Feathers they took their mesh from.

A few of the Standard poisons / Poison - (rank 2) have the same model as the Weak / rank 1 now because the rank 2 mesh from RUPP had clipping issues, and that's how it was released - I'm sure you've noticed.

This cloth clipping has bugged me far too long!
ZawPicE.jpg

I hand-picked almost all the models because I had to bridge the gaps with the additional potions CACO adds to the game. This means a few of the models from RUPP were swapped around and, in my unprofessional opinion, fit better than the original way RUPP had them placed.

Frostbite Venom uses the vanilla mesh FrostbiteVenom01.nif. RUPP's texture is too extravagant looking (imo) and the RUPP.esp doesn't force it in so you can replace it at will. I'd recommend the loose file from Realistic HD Beverages  (why frostbite venom is a beverage, I'll never know :;):  and never plan to find out!)- not to mention the other beverage improvements!

You can use FrostbiteVenom01.nif from RHD Beverages with no further effort - just load it after RUPP and you'll get a few awesome wine bottles too! However, if you want the Nord, Argonian, Juniper and regular Ales you'll need a patch. I can make an RHD replacement patch, in a few seconds if someone wants that option. It would just replace this CACO patch - no extra plugins.

Speaking of load order, you'll need to place this patch after your Step patch.

Kryptopyr's plate has too many things on it at the moment so I'll be hosting this patch on the Nexus

Edited by onem4nb4nd
  • +1 2