Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul (by kryptopyr)

darkside

Yep, this mod adds a lot of new ingredients and I knew that, but I wasn't expecting an entirely new tree. :)

The harvest overhaul is much appreciated!

I haven't done any cooking, but so far this is a good mod...though that tree needs a new leaf texture to better fit in with SFO.

Yep, this mod adds a lot of new ingredients and I knew that, but I wasn't expecting an entirely new tree. :)

The harvest overhaul is much appreciated!

I haven't done any cooking, but so far this is a good mod...though that tree needs a new leaf texture to better fit in with SFO.

Oh I'm sure we can get some top men on it...top men!

I like movie quotes this week.

Ironwood Tree.  Generally, I've wanted to avoid adding anything as large as a new tree in CACO, but there are two reasons that I felt the Ironwood Trees were needed.  First, Ironwood Nuts are an ingredient from Oblivion, and in that game it was explained that Ironwood Trees are native to Skyrim.  I always felt that it was an oversight that the trees weren't actually included anywhere in Skyrim.   Second, I really wanted to add at least one type of nut to the game (where do they get the nuts to make those honey-nut treats!).  The Ironwood Trees seemed to fill both gaps.

I'll take another look at the leaf texture.  I certainly don't remember it looking cartoon green, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have SFO installed when I was working on the trees, so perhaps some color adjustment is in order.   However, I don't know how to create a LODGen file, so would anyone be willing to help me with that?

Totally agree with your reasoning.

On the color, I should note that I have Vivid Weathers installed which ups the saturation, but it's still too green, imo, for the area which they're placed. I bet if you hit up vurt, he'll whip something up for you for SFO users or at least give some pointers. The bark is actually pretty good, so kudos on that! The leaves needs some...variation in the tones. That's the best way I know to describe it.

Hit up zilav or sheson for the lod.

Up close, I agree... to green. Blended in the background though - works pretty well there.

Also, would not LODGen take care of those? I know there used to be some kind of procedure for generating tree LOD using DynDOLOD... or at least, I seem to recall it.

Also, and slightly off topic, I know, please forgive... why DO we still use 1.87 instead of 2? I know he has versions of 2 without the huge trees that we didn't want.

Edited by Shadriss

However, I don't know how to create a LODGen file, so would anyone be willing to help me with that?

If anyone could try this one. Just install like a regular mod, then re-run tree lod generation. With Tree Only, it should take less than a minute so don't panic about waiting forever. Just do like if you was about to run dyndolod, enter advanced mode and untick everything but "Generate Tree LOD". Don't save the DynDoLOD.esp if you're asked to, and install the content of the output folder as usual (do not erase your previous DynDOLOD Generation, this one only contains 1% of it).

Then check in-game how you ironwood tree lod look. 

Things to check for :

- Shape too different from the original tree.

- Color too different from the original tree.

- LOD Floating or Burried into the ground.

- LOD stretched.

Don't forget screenies.

I don't have time to test right now, so no guarantee, it might just be a complete fail. I just hope I didn't forget anything in the process ^^

Also, would not LODGen take care of those? I know there used to be some kind of procedure for generating tree LOD using DynDOLOD... or at least, I seem to recall it.

It do if a billboard for this tree is available. If not, it use the full model instead (with the visual improvement, but the perf & memory usage hit), or completely ignore it, depending on what you've set in your dyndolod INIs (not sure how lodgen alone handle those case)

Billboard = a single tree "lod-like" file used by LODgen to create the Atlas.

Atlas = A single big texture with all trees-lod in it and a .lst file that list where each tree is located on this atlas. This is what is actually used by the game.

Edited by Kesta

Up close, I agree... to green. Blended in the background though - works pretty well there.

Also, and slightly off topic, I know, please forgive... why DO we still use 1.87 instead of 2? I know he has versions of 2 without the huge trees that we didn't want.

Because 1.87 is the last version that stuck close to vanilla. We're going to evaluate the newer versions, but that takes a lot of time and effort so it hasn't been done yet.

I think I'm using the full model. I'm not sure, would have to check. I have not performance loss though.

Here's a new version:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1P5VcgL895-SVo1Vm1KNkNZdzg

I haven't been able to test this texture with SFO yet, since I'm currently limited to working on my laptop, which I don't think can handle SFO (it can barely load the base game, even without the vanilla hi-res textures).

Here's the shots of these textures. Still off, but better.

GJbX5na.jpgYipoh5p.jpgD4wDdpn.jpg

They still look cel shaded to me and I think the issue is that you can see the black outline around the edges as if they're not completely covering the mesh so you're ending up with a bit of a black outline from the black background in the image.

TkmOo7n.jpg