Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul (by kryptopyr)

darkside

Thanks, Neo.  I'm beginning to suspect that the information on AddForm on the CK Wiki is not entirely accurate.  Is there anyone who isn't experiencing this issue?

Here's a revised script: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1P5VcgL895-eVNQQUY0X0RLSGc

If anyone is willing to test this and report back whether it solved the problem for them, that would be much appreciated.

It tested the new script using a new game (to eliminate any potential problems with recipes from old save games), using the same tests I used when I sent you an email about the problems with the previous version of this script. The new script seems to be working correctly; I did not see any problems with it at all.

I added 2 waterskins (3/3) and the Apple Cabbage Stew recipe showed that I had 6 water. I did not need to consume any water for this this to be correctly recognized. When I drank some water the recipe still showed the correct amount of water in my inventory (now 5).

I added a jug of water (7/8) to my inventory (jug of water is a CACO item). The Apple Cabbage Stew recipe now showed that I had 12 water. When I exited the Cooking Pot menu my inventory included 2 full waterskins (3/3), a partially full waterskin (2/3), and a partially full jug of water (4/8) for a total of 12 water.

All of this seems to be the expected behavior. Thanks for the quick fix kryptopyr  :yes: .

Just now back from a quick vacation - looks like I have an update to check. Will do tomorrow morning, and get back to you.

EDIT: Seeing the same behavior as reported above, so looks like a solid fix. Thanks much, Krypt - as usual, top notch work.

Edited by Shadriss

I'm guessing that you'd lose a lot.  iNeed seems to me to have become (it has evolved since it first was released to include a lot of features including food availability in the environment) extremely complex in that it has options to affect a lot of things, and it also has a very nice HUD interface - it would be difficult and take some time for someone else to explain the differences.  You might as well just open two windows and review the details about what CACO does in one window and review the details of what iNeed does in another and compare.

Have any of you guys tried out CACO's rudimentary eat and sleep function? I'm trying to reduce my level of complexity (while adding things like CACO ... sigh!), and I'm wondering how much I'd lose if I used this instead of iNeeds.

If you find yourself spending too much time worrying about iNeed's hunger, thirst and sleep and losing momentum with adventuring then CACO's alternative of a simplified system might be what you need. My advice would be to have a quick test run of the CACO needs function and see if it suits your play style. I find it light weight and more of a reminder to eat and drink regularly without being cumbersome. If your preference still lies with iNeed then you can tweak the settings in the iNeed MCM to fine tune the experience.

• +1 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm practically foaming at the mouth to dive into this mod!
I was nearly finished with my new custom STEP:LE +/- mod list when I realized this one was in a stable state!

So, the big question left is compatibility
Using Kryp's recommended mods (on the desc. page):
Replace 101 bugs with Lepidoptera, it's probably an upgrade anyway.
Wiseman's Flora + his SMIM patch for a single tree
I'd been using Radiant Potions, do I need to use Gamwich's Rustic Potions for some reason?

I'm curious about compatibility with Learn Alchemy From Recipes - also new to my load order/ no personal xp with it.

Also, if Hearthfire Extended turns out to be compatible, maybe consider adding functionality to the well for water like the iNeeds-patch (from H E) already does (in fact, that's all it does).

About to take this for a spin TES5 Edit, hopefully there's no surprises!

P.S. I think it was Sparrow who demanded we settle on a pronunciation for the acronym - CACO - before any more progress is made.
I propose Kay-Ko! :^_^:

Edited by onem4nb4nd

It's actually TACO now, I don't care what boring-chops Krypton says. ::P:  As suggested, TACO is far superior in every way imaginable.  :cool:

By the way, I just updated WATER Plants again to include a frog soup. No idea if it's compatible with this TACO mod. I'm waiting to grow 

some peas now. I see the files are in the latest. 

Edited by Guest

I'm going to start on a compatibility patch to keep Radiant Potions' misc. skill potion models for the wonderful variety with CACO's potion changes. Also, any Rustic Potions / CACO models will be preserved - I like those basic potion models a lot but I can't pass up the variety Radiant provides for the misc. skill pots!

LOOT sorts Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and BOOZE.esp after Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul.esp in my load order by default so I'm basing it off those overrides. If someone thinks we should meta-rule the opposite order in STEP for some reason let me know.

I don't use every mod in step (like SLOD - wine) but I'm pretty sure there aren't any I'm missing from STEP with an .esp that would affect this patch; so I could share it with you guys if you'd like the same changes!

It's worth noting I'm using CACO_AlternateNames.esp which just changes the names of potions with varying potencies to be sorting-friendly (Standard Potion of Fortify Alteration -> Fortify - Alteration II). I'll copy those changes over manually so it's not a master and you can save a plugin slot! (and thank their creator bobbythecamel)

Oh yeah, Sparrow! Total Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul! :turned: I love tacos.

Edited by onem4nb4nd

I can't believe my eyes. This won't even make it to the third place in file of the month because of some dumb sex mod. Jesus!!

The "dumb sex mod" is the SFW version of Amorous Adventures, fade to black and no SL framework needed. It is thousands of hours of careful edits of vanilla dialogue and scripting to to seamlessly add depth to the romancing of NPCs in a lore friendly manner, as well as add a number of well crafted adventures. October has been a tough month to launch a mod. Immersive Jewellery didn't make the top 5 which is a sign of how tough the competition was.

Yes, the month had some pretty stiff competition, that's for sure.  It's never easy to make the list, though, and I always feel it's an honor when one of my mods does. 

I actually received a gem of a PM last night.  Best hate mail I've ever received.  The guy was gloating and taunting me because CACO got 5th place for file of the month, then went on with a bunch of insults to me and the mod.  He seemed so happy and gleeful that the mod got 5th, said it deserved to be "last."  By the time I was done reading it, I was laughing so hard I was crying.  I mean it's last on the top five mods of the month list.  Obviously I must feel horribly ashamed and defeated to have my mod place 5th on such a list.   

:rolleyes: 

• +1 4