Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul (by kryptopyr)

darkside

This is by far the best cooking & alchemy overhaul, two features that really really need an overhaul in my humble opinion. I thank you for this Krypto! I had this mod in my previous playthrough and I encountered a strange phenomenon, I noticed at some point that it took longer for me to save the game and decided to check the size of my saves, it was around 50mb, checked with save cleaner and found out many, MANY active instances relating to this mod. At that point I was bummed, mainly because of some other things about my game and performance issues (major hardware problems with my PC) so I ended up formatting my PC and upgrading a few parts, that is why I didn't bother saving some kind of report about this. I am sorry, I wish I could help in a real way, this 'report' of mine is shameful, but I thought I'd give it anyway. Under what circumstances scripts don't stop themselves properly, has it happened to anyone else? I don't know, perhaps it was the combination with some other mod that caused this, though I didn't have any other cooking/alchemy related mods, not even perk altering ones.

Edited by varulv

That issue can be sorted by modifying the alphamap.

I tried modifying the alpha slightly to see how it works out. Haven't tested it in game, but the black lines are smaller now in nifskope at least.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhubzuz5vc7o6qs/Ironwood01.dds?dl=0

Thanks for this! I worked all day yesterday on updating my own mod so I'll test these out and provide some shots this evening after work.

This is what modding is all about to me. Modders helping modders simply because they want to improve something that is already great and expecting nothing in return. Just wish the entire community felt this way.

That issue can be sorted by modifying the alphamap.

I tried modifying the alpha slightly to see how it works out. Haven't tested it in game, but the black lines are smaller now in nifskope at least.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhubzuz5vc7o6qs/Ironwood01.dds?dl=0

Best looking version so far. Black outline is almost entirely gone. I would call this one a winner for the next update. Just need an LOD now.

X3m3yh4.jpgB8TFCMg.jpgZwogp1a.jpg4MybzIF.jpg

If anyone could try this one. Just install like a regular mod, then re-run tree lod generation. With Tree Only, it should take less than a minute so don't panic about waiting forever. Just do like if you was about to run dyndolod, enter advanced mode and untick everything but "Generate Tree LOD". Don't save the DynDoLOD.esp if you're asked to, and install the content of the output folder as usual (do not erase your previous DynDOLOD Generation, this one only contains 1% of it).

Then check in-game how you ironwood tree lod look. 

Things to check for :

- Shape too different from the original tree.

- Color too different from the original tree.

- LOD Floating or Burried into the ground.

- LOD stretched.

Don't forget screenies.

This method did not work. I suspect you'll have to rerun the whole thing or save the DynDOLOD.esp at the end. I'll save it and see what happens. At most I'll just have to redo the entire thing.

EDIT:

Nope, saving the ESP didn't work either.

This method did not work. I suspect you'll have to rerun the whole thing or save the DynDOLOD.esp at the end. I'll save it and see what happens. At most I'll just have to redo the entire thing.

EDIT:

Nope, saving the ESP didn't work either.

Don't bother any further, I'll try to make it right on my own when I have time (currently I have to few spare time to make multiple test with dyndolod) and send the result directly to Kryp once it work. I think I still have a lot to understand about tree LOD.

Okay. If it helps any, here are the three messages produced regarding CACO:

<Note: CACO_TreeFloraChokeberry01_KRY "Chokeberry" [TREE:1D42340A] LOD not found Textures\Terrain\LODGen\Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul.esp\byohhouseingrdicegrapes01_0042340A.dds>
<Note: CACO_TreeFloraWormwood01_SF "Wormwood" [TREE:1DA10142] LOD not found Textures\Terrain\LODGen\Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul.esp\florawormwood01_00A10142.dds>
<Note: CACO_TreeIronwood "Ironwood Tree" [TREE:1D5A9810] LOD not found Textures\Terrain\LODGen\Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul.esp\Ironwood01_005A9810.dds>

Okay. If it helps any, here are the three messages produced regarding CACO:

<Note: CACO_TreeFloraChokeberry01_KRY "Chokeberry" [TREE:1D42340A] LOD not found Textures\Terrain\LODGen\Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul.esp\byohhouseingrdicegrapes01_0042340A.dds>
<Note: CACO_TreeFloraWormwood01_SF "Wormwood" [TREE:1DA10142] LOD not found Textures\Terrain\LODGen\Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul.esp\florawormwood01_00A10142.dds>
<Note: CACO_TreeIronwood "Ironwood Tree" [TREE:1D5A9810] LOD not found Textures\Terrain\LODGen\Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul.esp\Ironwood01_005A9810.dds>

Actually it do. Renaming CACO_TreeIronwood_005a981.dds and CACO_TreeIronwood_005a981.txt without the "CACO_" prefix, and the "01" suffix before the _formID should help with this specific warning. I thought it had to be named after the formID, but it's actually the mesh name without the path.

Though then again, no guarantee that it would work in the end, so I'll test it for myself when I have time ^^ Plus this billboard wouldn't match the new texture Kryptopyr uploaded anyway.

Here's the shots of these textures. Still off, but better.

They still look cel shaded to me and I think the issue is that you can see the black outline around the edges as if they're not completely covering the mesh so you're ending up with a bit of a black outline from the black background in the image.

I agree with your assessment. But the colors in those shots look a little unnatural anyway. Is there some ENB or weather mod at work?

Looks like a new update today

Version 1.12

Changes for compatibility with Wiseman303's Flora Fixes version 2. **IMPORTANT** The WM Flora Fixes.esp is now REQUIRED. Load it before CACO.

Vanilla scalpels which can be found in ruins should now be automatically converted into CACO scalpels for use with the Anatomist perk.

Edited by Mandalay

For what little it's worth, I think this should go into STEP. It's absolutely my favourite mod at this point, as I've always been an alchemist in Skyrim. I wouldn't want to go back to the broken vanilla mechanics.

Looks like a new update today

Version 1.12

Changes for compatibility with Wiseman303's Flora Fixes version 2. **IMPORTANT** The WM Flora Fixes.esp is now REQUIRED. Load it before CACO.

Vanilla scalpels which can be found in ruins should now be automatically converted into CACO scalpels for use with the Anatomist perk.

Check the dates on the file uploads. The patches file was updated, not the main file. That changelog is from November 2015.

Edited by Harpalus

I've been using this mod and it fixes the broken vanilla mechanics. I will be voting for this to be include in STEP:Extended.

Patches were updated on 13th of March according to Nexus, unless their date logic is broken

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Please turn off your Tapatalk signature for the STEP forums.