aMidianBorn Book of Silence (by CaBaL)

EisDrache

Why was the "Elven Gold" option removed from STEP's recommendations? It was there before...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

This is assumed to be a custom alternative to the default in Silence, is it not?
I'm not sure what you mean by that, but the Elven Gold option is closer to how the skin looks in vanilla. The default texture for the Elven armour in this is black.

The recently uploaded 1.7 changed (yet again) the folder structure.

Armour:

01 elven dark

01 elven gold

02 fur

03 hide

03 hide cabal's cut 2048

03 hide cabal's cut 4096

04 iron

04 iron white

05 steel

05 steel white

06 scaled

06 scaled brighter

07 orcish

07 orcish brighter

08 dwarven

08 dwarven 4k

09 steel plate

10 leather

11 ancient nord

12 wolf brown

12 wolf grey

13 glass

Weapons:

01 iron

02 steel

03 skyforge

04 silver

05 orcish

06 dwarven

07 elven

08 glass

I updated the 'Recommendations' section with those changes with what I think would be the STEP choices (keeping to default/vanilla).

The folder is empty. He finished Glass but apparently wasn't happy with it and decided to redo it.

warning.....glass set is still not available...i did complete it... but i'm redoing the job...why....? because i decided this way

The Book of Silence Install Recommendations are confusing in relation to what's in the archives, It was updated 3 days ago, so I'm assuming this is the reason...

There is a "01 default" folder in a ARMORS and WEAPONS now, and the folder number are different, WEAPONS does not even have a number folder system like what is portrayed in the Step Wiki.

Oh really?

Posted Image

Posted Image

24909-1-624909-1-6

The Book of Silence Install Recommendations are confusing in relation to what's in the archives, It was updated 3 days ago, so I'm assuming this is the reason...

There is a "01 default" folder in a ARMORS and WEAPONS now, and the folder number are different, WEAPONS does not even have a number folder system like what is portrayed in the Step Wiki.

Oh really?

Posted Image

Posted Image

WoW... OK that's weird... I had just downloaded this mod before posting, and after seeing your pix I double checked my DL'd files and I have version 224909-1-6 while you have version 224909-1-7.. and my files look like this (see pic), also not the date of modification... same day of the upload... So... yeah I don't know... maybe corrupted files on Nexus or something... I'll re-DL them and see what I get...

Posted Image

The latest version is 1.7' date=' not 1.6[/quote']

Yeah, I gathered that, I am DL'ing it again now, and the file name is 1.7... so sorry, not sure why I received an older file when I DL'd on the 26-27th... some days after the 1.7 Upload... very odd.

He uploaded the updated files hours apart and the Nexus told you the mod was updated but only one of the 3 files and you assumed all files were updated?

:D

hmmm... I guess I'll go with that... I did not have it on nexus notifications previously, I'm reinstalling Skyrim & STEP for the 1st time in a year... Bad timing it seems... All good it's worked out now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The note here https://wiki.step-project.com/Book_of_Silence doesn't specify that all three parts should be downloaded, so it might be useful to say that.

Seems the Weapons part no longer has the Elven component recommended either. I guess this is why we have Elven Weapons for Silence mod now, so the note just needs updating.

EDIT: As the note also says "There is a conflict with Guard Dialogue Overhaul and the aMidianborn Skyforge Weapons ESP" I presume the latter is meant to be part of Book of Silence. However, after installing it as recommended, there is no such file and BOSS says

"WeaponsArmorFixes_MultiMod_DLCPatch.esp ActiveError: aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if using this file without aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons"