Vivid Clouds and Fogs - Vanilla and Climates of Tamriel (by Mangaclub)

Mangaclub

How is 1.3.x a beta?  If it is, it's not described properly on the Nexus download page.  I wouldn't have downloaded it either if I was aware that it was a beta.

EDIT: 1.3.4 was just added today.  Maybe that will fix it - did you use 1.3.3?

Edited by oqhansoloqo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I see that - the fact that the file description doesn't say "beta" in it made me think the author made a mistake by not changing the "latest version", since the latest version seemed to me to be the 1.3.4 version - since it is in the download section and not said to be a beta in the file description.  Mod authors do that sometimes.  By far the best way to mark the file as a beta is to put that in the file description, and even better in bold or color.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

As I posted in the Bug Genie, there is no issue with the installers in the 1.3.x series with regard to this mod, except that the external version incorrectly omits the text that defines the 'Full of Half Res' options so that the main menu just shows two versions of the same options.

However since the internal installer works just fine that isn't an issue.

I will also reiterate the statement above: don't use the 1.3.x series unless you are testing its capabilities, 1.2.18 will do all that you want for setting up your game.

It's early morning here in Tasmania so I haven't read through all the information yet so you may be correct, 1.3.4 may well have fixed a lot of issues.

However the principle is still sound, unless you are actively testing the version, it is better to use the last stable version on your system if you are just wanting to play the game or are testing mods.

As I posted in the Bug Genie, there is no issue with the installers in the 1.3.x series with regard to this mod, except that the external version incorrectly omits the text that defines the 'Full of Half Res' options so that the main menu just shows two versions of the same options.

However since the internal installer works just fine that isn't an issue.

I will also reiterate the statement above: don't use the 1.3.x series unless you are testing its capabilities, 1.2.18 will do all that you want for setting up your game.

Sorry to continue steering this off-topic discussion, but I would recommend installing Mangaclub's mods using MO's built-in FOMOD installer, regardless of the version of MO. The external FOMOD installer has always had the issue of no displaying the option group headings (known as plugin groups in the XML code for the FOMOD), and that is also true for older versions of MO, including 1.2.18, and as far back as I can recall (more than 18 months.)

So, I'd recommend going in to MO's setting menu, setting the internal FOMOD installer to be used, and the "preferred" way to install FOMOD-installer based mods.

• 7 months later...