Skyrim Flora Overhaul (by vurt)

JudgmentJay

The reason for the Basic version being STEP's choice is because it stays true to Vanilla and doesn't add anything extra that's not in the vanilla game. This allows us to put SFO in Core. Vurt is a top-notch modder so the extra stuff added will not conflict with anything unless another mod places an object in the same space that Vurt has placed new content. I don't know of anything that does this off the top of my head. All-in-all, you'll be fine installing either. But as EssArrBee said, you can make multiple profiles in MO. I personally have a Vanilla profile, a STEP Core profile, a STEP Extended profile and then a personal profile that has extra mods not included in STEP.

vurt, if you are reading this, you might want to check Skyrim Stability Guide. I checked SFO page and you are talking about ini tweaks you say you use, some of which the stability guide warns against.

Yeah but you have to adjust it a bit since it is coming from a guy with a Titan. It probably is pretty stable on his system. The new Titan Dual gpu cards just came out and my tax return also was just delivered… hmm that is an odd coincidence.I wonder if I could get 60 FPS on a UHD display with Sfo 2 and enb with 4k textures with that card. I doubt though.

• 4 months later...

Hello! I'm actually trying to achieve a megamod install following STEP instructions (plus a few other mods not listed in STEP), and I have a doubt about this mod. In the instructions it's requested to use v1.87 basic and another file, but in the mod page under v1.87 file it's written that "might not work well with most ENB's. "

Since I'd like to install also RealVision ENB in the end, I just want to know if v1.87 is compatible with that ENB or not.

Thanks for the amazing effort you've put in this project!

It will most likely be too saturated hence look off for realvision. You should use the other less saturated version vurt has up, or use the 2.0 version since those will look nice with a much wider range of ENB´s. 

The incompatibility is mainly just related to the foilage looking a bit too colorful in most cases. Especially with high contrast ones like realvision. 

You might like it, you might not. 

The main reason vurt has put up the warning is because people have a tendency to ask him to make textures that look good if you use enb preset X which is just silly. 

If you go to my ENB page... skylight.. then I have made a less saturated version of the basic v.187 textures you can just use with realvision if you find the default ones too colorful.

Hope that helps.  

Hello once more STEP forums. Yes, i'm installing Skyrim+mods for the nth time :P

Anyway, I'm not really sure this is the right place to ask, but here goes: SFO has yet another update, V2.0. Should I use that instead of the version suggested by the most recent STEP guide? Is there any ENB incombatibility you guys know of? Thanks in advance.

SFO 2.0 is still in alpha, hence issues with the LOD etc is to be expected. No harm in trying it out. It does work very nicely with most ENB´s this time around since the overall saturations levels are in check on most textures. 

SFO 2.0 is still in alpha, hence issues with the LOD etc is to be expected. No harm in trying it out. It does work very nicely with most ENB´s this time around since the overall saturations levels are in check on most textures. 

Hmm, so using the 2.0 is not "recommended" I take it? I'd use the one recommended by STEP, but I REALLY want to use the optional Heavy Snow Pines, and from my understanding they require 2.0?

I fell in love with them after seeing the picture :)

Unless you want to do some texture editing then you have to use 2.0 to get those. I would not say it is not recommended to just use as it is though... just be aware that there is a performance hit and some minor glitches here and there. 

Unless you want to do some texture editing then you have to use 2.0 to get those. I would not say it is not recommended to just use as it is though... just be aware that there is a performance hit and some minor glitches here and there. 

The heavy snow pines add-on is for regular version 1.191 i'm pretty sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi vurt, or anyone else, not sure if this was mentioned in a previous page.  On the description for Skyrim Flora Overall in STEP core AND on mod page from Nexus, there is no mention about load order.  Does it matter when Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp is loaded?  Any recommendations?

Hi vurt, or anyone else, not sure if this was mentioned in a previous page.  On the description for Skyrim Flora Overall in STEP core AND on mod page from Nexus, there is no mention about load order.  Does it matter when Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp is loaded?  Any recommendations?

Sort with LOOT. It does the job for sorting load order.