General Oblivion Support

hishutup

Question

Hey I saw in a few posts you were having trouble with the eyes or faces of characters. It's probably because of these lines in the Oblivion.ini:

bUseEyeEnvMapping=0

bFaceMipMaps=0
;Set to 0 if using Oblivion Character Overhaul 2, if not leave at 1

Faces and eyes will probably look weird if you've changed these but don't have OCO2 installed. If I recall correctly, the first line should always be changed to 0, and the second line should be changed to 0 if you have the mod installed. You can see what the OR creator wrote on them here:

bUseEyeEnvMapping=1
Use reflections on the eye rendering.
Recommended: 0.

bFaceMipMaps=1
Create mipmaps for face texture.
Recommended: 0 for OCO2 otherwise 1.

@ Scythiss Not yet but I haven't been there to be fair. I've been from Imperial city down the road all the way to Anvil (including up to pre-oblivion invasion Kvatch) and then back through around the Imperial Isle and up to Cheydinhall (messing around following the Fighters Guild Quests).

I will do a run down there to see if I get the crashes you were experiencing.

I have definitely done something wrong somewhere though. Around Skingrad I had a few wonderful floating tree tops with no trunks. One at Anvil too come to think of it. Almost tempted to reinstall from scratch again but I'll keep testing this one for now. No point going too reinstall crazy at this point. I'll have a look at Maskars Oblivion Overhaul too, though obviously not to put in my current build!

EDIT: Officially calling my installation borked:

Oblivion Borked.bmp

Edited by GeneralHappyPie

Hey I saw in a few posts you were having trouble with the eyes or faces of characters. It's probably because of these lines in the Oblivion.ini:

Faces and eyes will probably look weird if you've changed these but don't have OCO2 installed. If I recall correctly, the first line should always be changed to 0, and the second line should be changed to 0 if you have the mod installed. You can see what the OR creator wrote on them here:

I've asked a few other people and they said the eyes are supposed to look like that if the khajits disposition is low when you talk to them.  I'll be for sure to include these ini tweaks though.

Terribly glad SynthetikHD ended up helping you with the guide, hishutup. ::):

I really wanted to help back then, but I was going through a really bad period in my life, so I was right to keep from getting too involved as I'd just end up disappointing in any case. If you end up needing some help in the future, send me a message and hopefully my platter won't be as filled as it was.

Hey I'm gonna ask just in case if anybody know's what wrong:

I've gotten to the Optional Oblivion Startup part of the guide, but when start Oblivion everything looks fine at first until I press new game. Then the loading screen comes up and the screen freezes and the game crashes after it goes about a centimeter. Just wondering if anybody can figure it out off the top of their heads. If  you need screen shots of Wyre Bash and Boss just tell me.

Here's an album of my Oblivion folders, wyre bash, Boss, ect ect that I uploaded to Imgur so somebody could help me out:  https://imgur.com/a/ngESW

Hey I'm gonna ask just in case if anybody know's what wrong:

I've gotten to the Optional Oblivion Startup part of the guide, but when start Oblivion everything looks fine at first until I press new game. Then the loading screen comes up and the screen freezes and the game crashes after it goes about a centimeter. Just wondering if anybody can figure it out off the top of their heads. If  you need screen shots of Wyre Bash and Boss just tell me.

Here's an album of my Oblivion folders, wyre bash, Boss, ect ect that I uploaded to Imgur so somebody could help me out:  https://imgur.com/a/ngESW

Nvm someone helped me figure out that it was OSR so I disabled it since I don't really need it. But hey, I need help again. I'm trying to move the Oblivion Mods folder out of the SSD that it's currently in, so I went into the Bash_Default.ini and edited the "sOblivionMods=" "sBashModData=" and "sInstallersData=" to the custom locations that I want them in. So I copied the folder "Oblivion Mods" and everything inside to there and edited it so it led to the new custom locations just like how the example shows.

Here's some pictures to help: https://imgur.com/a/APnfM

The problem now is that when I open Wyre Bash it shows that the plugins are all still there, but when I go to the Installers tab it's missing all the packages. Any way I could fix this? I pressed Refresh Data and even Full Refresh. Thanks for any help you can give me and have a good day.

@ShadowFyre, please acquaint yourself with the STEP Community Citizenship Guidelines linked at the bottom of every page. Posting the same thing in numerous topics is unnecessary. All posts will be read by someone and if you feel it is in the wrong location a moderator will move it.

Now as to your question. Looking at the images you posted it looks like any changes you made to the BASH INI are not seen because you still have the lines commented out with the ; character.

@ShadowFyre, please acquaint yourself with the STEP Community Citizenship Guidelines linked at the bottom of every page. Posting the same thing in numerous topics is unnecessary. All posts will be read by someone and if you feel it is in the wrong location a moderator will move it.

Now as to your question. Looking at the images you posted it looks like any changes you made to the BASH INI are not seen because you still have the lines commented out with the ; character.

Oops, sorry and thank you very much. You can delete those other posts if you want.

AFK Frostcrag has been posing some problems.

First no meshes appeared for the furniture, which was easily solved by selecting one of the Esp/m Filter 02 choices.

Second and more egregious though, is that the books on the left-most shelf fall off, resulting in a pile of books at the bottom of the shelf.

Going inside with afk_frostcrag uninstalled, results in the books being nicely on their shelves.

I've tried several types of solutions, including:

- removing virtually all mods except for those needed by afk_frostcrag

- trying different combinations of the 02 meshes

- saving while standing outside, activating the mod then going inside. What happens is that the old shelves get removed, and I can see the new shelves being added in, with the books falling off them.

So for now, I feel that I have to go without AFK_Frostcrag for the meantime, which is a shame.

Does anyone have a potential solution to this problem?

Edited by pmw57

Problem:

Countess Narina Carvain of Bruma looks like she's wearing invisibility clothing.

Cause:

Further investigation with RefScope shows that Skyrimesque Counts and Countesses is wanting to use clothing that doesn't exist.

Solution:

The description page for that mod says that you need to download Slof's Victorian Clothing models and textures from https://www.slofslair.co.uk/mods/102

Install:
When you add Slof's Victorian Clothing to the Wrye Bash installer and unpack it, untick the .esp in Esp/m Filter, then install it. This will ensure that you have the models and textures with no other unwanted side-effects.