General Oblivion Support

hishutup

Question

The two important parts are the Faulting application path, and the Faulting module path. The module is what caused the fault, which can sometimes be the graphics driver, or the antivirus program, or something else.

When the application and the module path are both Oblivion.exe, that means that the problem occurred from inside of Oblivion, where it has pointed to a memory location outside of where it's allowed to be, usually by a badly configured mod.

Your error does have something rather unique compared to other ones that are seen, in that it's an 0xc000000d exception, which usually means that some kind of pre-existing windows system file damage has caused the problem.

Details about this and a repair tool can be found at https://thewinwiki.org/the-exception-unknown-software-exception-0xc000000d/

How did you learn all this? all this makes me very interested in learning it? is it a coding language?

How did you learn all this? all this makes me very interested in learning it? is it a coding language?

Mostly it's from research - google is your friend - backed up by a hefty amount of experience to help filter out the useful information. I have kept several of my crash logs, what they said and how they were successfully fixed.

Other information can be gleaned from that crash log, such as the location of the crash, but that's only useful if you have access to the source code. Without that, we can only connect random numbers to certain patterns of behaviour. For example, commonly the crash happens at 462392c7 but that didn't occur this time, so the usual troubleshooting for that section wouldn't apply.

0x005881be is only found on one unrelated page, so this is a situation that people have rarely reported on. The 0xc000000d exception code is instead 0xc000000e with normal Oblivion crashes, so chasing up the 0xc000000d error code, ignoring results relating to unreadable boot sectors, was the most reasonable course of action to take.

Edited by pmw57

hmmm, I just used that tool you linked me to fix the error code on my computer but im still getting it when I check event viewer

these are the two codes I get when I crash.  My crashes are caused by either of these

0xc000000d

or

0xc0000005

I thought that tool would of fixed the first error code, but it seems to still persist.  The second code seems rather common it seems and most people say it happens every 10 hours or so, so that may be normal.  You think I might need to reformat my comp in hopes of the first error code going away?

hmmm, I just used that tool you linked me to fix the error code on my computer but im still getting it when I check event viewer

these are the two codes I get when I crash.  My crashes are caused by either of these

0xc000000d

or

0xc0000005

I thought that tool would of fixed the first error code, but it seems to still persist.  The second code seems rather common it seems and most people say it happens every 10 hours or so, so that may be normal.  You think I might need to reformat my comp in hopes of the first error code going away?

It's a matter of ruling out possible causes. Can we please see the details for both of those codes for your most recent crash.

I would also like to note I'm using ENB boost, and ENB.  Also I'm putting athletics to 255 and speed to 255 and running around the world so not sure if that can cause anything.

I'll also list my system specs if that helps

980 ti, i7 6700k, 32 gig ram, and im also using 4k display, I wonder if that makes the crashed for frequent or not

this is the most recent crash which was error 0x000000d

Faulting application name: Oblivion.exe, version: 1.2.0.416, time stamp: 0x462392c7
Faulting module name: Oblivion.exe, version: 1.2.0.416, time stamp: 0x462392c7
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x005881be
Faulting process id: 0x790
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d96244af161c
Faulting application path: C:\Games\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Oblivion.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Games\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Oblivion.exe
Report Id: 3bd8d8e9-702c-483f-9ffb-7c1dc5b53706
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

here was the crash before that error 0x000005

Faulting application name: Oblivion.exe, version: 1.2.0.416, time stamp: 0x462392c7
Faulting module name: Oblivion.exe, version: 1.2.0.416, time stamp: 0x462392c7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001e66b7
Faulting process id: 0x16e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d9611eb3b22b
Faulting application path: C:\Games\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Oblivion.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Games\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Oblivion.exe
Report Id: 04b79287-5469-423d-bae9-28a0f3812338
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Edited by Scythiss

Are these crashes ones that you can reliably get to occur over and over again?

Because only when you can reliably cause the crash, will you know that you've fixed the crash from a change that you've just made.

They don't happen every time at the same spot every time.  But after running around the world for a while it usually happens In a few certain spots, but it always crashes in about 30 to 40 minutes or so.

I'm wondering if it might be hardware related or if I need to reformat.  Because I'm running the same mod list as you are.  Right now I have the sounds section completed.

Edited by Scythiss

They don't happen every time at the same spot every time.  But after running around the world for a while it usually happens In a few certain spots, but it always crashes in about 30 to 40 minutes or so.

I'm wondering if it might be hardware related or if I need to reformat.  Because I'm running the same mod list as you are.  Right now I have the sounds section completed.

Okay, well let me know when you have a reliable situation occurring.

I finally reformatted did more test.  Was crashing after finishing up with conflicting textures with error code 0x0000005.  Tested again Instead of setting athletics and speed to 255 I set it to 100 and ran around the world in between Forrest and town to town without CTD for 4 hours or so.  Pretty much I had to end the game myself because I had to take care of other things, so I wonder if me running around the fast was making Oblivions engine go crazy.  Also just got my new 1080p monitor today, Might trying playing on my 1080p monitor instead of my 4k and see if I notice any difference as well.

I finally reformatted did more test.  Was crashing after finishing up with conflicting textures with error code 0x0000005.  Tested again Instead of setting athletics and speed to 255 I set it to 100 and ran around the world in between Forrest and town to town without CTD for 4 hours or so.  Pretty much I had to end the game myself because I had to take care of other things, so I wonder if me running around the fast was making Oblivions engine go crazy.

That sounds quite plausible, as there a many configuration settings that can be made which are far beyond anything the game was designed to work with.

Edited by pmw57

Hey I just want to ask. Has anyone created an updated version of Mythic Dawn (Oblivion), I mean, I've CTD'd every time I've tried this mod pack guide and it's bumming me out. Could anyone point me towards a newer/better one?

I found that half the time I was crashing due to computer setup, with interference coming from antivirus and other causes.

Most of the other half was from failing to follow instructions. Either from the Mythic Dawn guide or from the mod documentation itself.

Does yours still crash when all mods are disabled?

If no, turn them on in groups until you find what is causing the problem.

If yes, start with a clean install. If that still crashes, we can investigate what there may be about your computer system that is getting in the way.

Just tested it again.  CTD within the first 30 - 40 minutes with speed 255 and athletics 255 while running around the world.  Same error code as well.  When I set to 100 athletics and speed I ran around the world for 2 hours before I decided to call it quits.  Going to try to install OOO and MOO now, OOO always had and odd crashing point though between ill omen and horn cave.  Wondering if it will happen again now that I reformatted.