General Oblivion Support

hishutup

Question

the .ini edit section tells you to put iMultiSample to 2. While another mod needs it to be shut off so you can use HDR. Is this also a typo or am i doing something wrong?

Mentioning, i don't have all the DLC's for the game. I own Knights and SI. So i tried to avoid the mods that needed the full setup of DLC's. But i'm guessing that this guide is not locked to the users that have all the DLC's.

EDIT: The game boots but only in administration mode (W7). And even though it boots, it doesn't register OBSE

Anti-aliasing can be turned on as long as you installed OR. You have the 2 main dlc's, so it probably isn't too big of a deal if you aren't using mods that need the others, but technically the guide is for users that have all the DLC as it states at the beginning of the guide.

As for it only booting in admin and not loading OBSE, idk so @hishutup will have to help.

Seriously though I am glad that Oblivion is currently getting a resurgence with this group of users. One of the best games around still.

Yep, it's really cool. Guide has gotten 11k views in less than a month.

Anti-aliasing can be turned on as long as you installed OR. You have the 2 main dlc's, so it probably isn't too big of a deal if you aren't using mods that need the others, but technically the guide is for users that have all the DLC as it states at the beginning of the guide.

As for it only booting in admin and not loading OBSE, idk so @hishutup will have to help.

Yep, it's really cool. Guide has gotten 11k views in less than a month.

Oh, well. The only mod installed that needed that was a mod that had a LOD esp for Frostcrag. But when AA is on it turnes off HDR, wich would mess with OR? If i'm not wrong. And thanks for the help, btw. I've modded games for several years but never touched Wrye Bash or Oblivion. 

Oh, well. The only mod installed that needed that was a mod that had a LOD esp for Frostcrag. But when AA is on it turnes off HDR, wich would mess with OR? If i'm not wrong. And thanks for the help, btw. I've modded games for several years but never touched Wrye Bash or Oblivion. 

Just because a mod doesn't have a DLC .esp as a master, doesn't quite mean it doesn't need the DLC I think, so maybe you'll run into some problems, maybe you won't, idk. And you're not supposed to mess with any settings in the launcher or in-game options except for the very start of the guide. Turn on HDR in the launcher, then install OR, then set AA to whatever your computer can handle in the INI.

Just because a mod doesn't have a DLC .esp as a master, doesn't quite mean it doesn't need the DLC I think, so maybe you'll run into some problems, maybe you won't, idk. And you're not supposed to mess with any settings in the launcher or in-game options except for the very start of the guide. Turn on HDR in the launcher, then install OR, then set AA to whatever your computer can handle in the INI.

Fixed it. Somehow restarting my PC and rebuilding the bash patch made it start. Somehow.

For some reason Oblivion Character Overhaul 2 is causing a crash whenever I start a new game. It happens every time when the loading bar gets around 15-20% and then just crashes, usually without an error message. When I uninstall the mod the game will load up without error. I have Windows 10, SLI and Gsync off for Oblivion.

Did you install Blockhead and is it before OCC2 in the load order? Try reinstalling Blockhead and OCC2 making sure you have the 2 compatibility patches for OCC2 if you use Robert's Bodies. Make sure the .esp is checked and remember to run BOSS afterwards. And try uninstalling Race Compliation for Roberts Bodies if you have that installed. Also disable SLI and see if the game still crashes.

Can you explain further, hish? I just can't seem to pinpoint the main problem. Even after fixing the Oblivion.ini with the appropriate edits the game will always crash with Oblivion Character Overhaul installed, even if it is just OCO with it's core requirements. However, I can reproduce the crash even without OCO installed and just the font and UI mods. 

Let me clarify. Hish suggested that the crashes I was experiencing is related to the UI mods so I uninstalled all mods except for the UI mods where I was only able to reproduce the crash at random times. The true culprit was Oblivion Stutter Remover, which I was able to resolve by reverting to the default settings in the .ini file. Referring the the note left on the guide under Oblivion Stutter Remover, crashes can occur on new games with the heap settings suggested by the author, not just on startup which I never experienced. 

Hello. I'm having a problem with Wyre Bast. I cannot drag and drop files into the intallers tabe. I have had to manually place the archives into the bash installers folder. This is fine except now there are some mods witch are .omod wich i have no idea how to get them into wyre bash. Please help

Edit: Restarting Wyre Bash fixed the issue

Edited by LoutishXY