General Oblivion Support

hishutup

Question

Yeah he said he has.  This is what he said a few post back

" I have, I just havent investigated it. My guess is that there some thing with a bad mesh."

I'm going to swap out my 1080 for my 980ti and see if the same thing happens.  Also going to test it again on a laptop.

Yeah he said he has.  This is what he said a few post back

" I have, I just havent investigated it. My guess is that there some thing with a bad mesh."

I'm going to swap out my 1080 for my 980ti and see if the same thing happens.  Also going to test it again on a laptop.

There might be something in my process that can help you then. I didn't do this when testing just OR and OOO, but I have an extensive process to help ensure Oblivion stability.

For example, here is my full list of 235 installers and 200+ installed mods

1. Wrye Bash is used to manage them.

2. BOSS is used to order them, with several added rules to improve how things are placed.

3. After ordering it's back in to Wrye Bash to right-click on the Bashed Patch and choose Rebuild Patch (CBash *beta*)

4. TES4LODGen is next used to generate the distant objects

5. Run Oblivion Mod Manager and then close, to update a file in preparation for Land Magic

6. Land Magic fixes minor tears in the landscape, and helps to bring everything together.

7. TES4LL is used last to generate the distant landscape

It doesn't have to all be done every time, for example if the mod doesn't affect the outside landscape then the last 4 steps don't have to be done, but that process has resulted in the most stable environment for Oblivion.

I'll def give that a try and see what happens. I'm losing hope to get this ctd solved lol.

I don't blame ya. Having unstable hardware is the most frustrating thing of all because it affects all sorts of different things in random ways.

@pmw57

I have to commend you for your work in this guide/support forum. Clear, concise instructions to newcomers and detailed fully researched information for seasoned players. That's a very hard act to pull off, satisfying all with just the right amount of detail.

So, although you aren't out for commendation, i'll give you some anyway. Well done, kudos to you and glad you are able to make STEP a supportive forum.

@pmw57

I have to commend you for your work in this guide/support forum. Clear, concise instructions to newcomers and detailed fully researched information for seasoned players. That's a very hard act to pull off, satisfying all with just the right amount of detail.

So, although you aren't out for commendation, i'll give you some anyway. Well done, kudos to you and glad you are able to make STEP a supportive forum.

Thank you for the recognition. I have been tempered in the fires of JavaScript support over at sitepoint.com, which seems to have had some good impact on how I approach things.

Pmw57 has been beyond helpful. I truly appreciate him taking his time out of the day to try to help me solve an issue that seems to be specific to me.

I tried switching video cards and still seem to CTD in the same areas mentioned.

When I get my new ssd in a few days I'm going to install windows 7 on it and see if anything changes. I know it seems like I am going to an extreme, but I want to rule anything out. I also only have 16gb of ram, and def wouldn't mind 32gb. So maybe ill buy 16 moregb of ram to rule that out as well.

Pmw57 has been beyond helpful. I truly appreciate him taking his time out of the day to try to help me solve an issue that seems to be specific to me.

I tried switching video cards and still seem to CTD in the same areas mentioned.

When I get my new ssd in a few days I'm going to install windows 7 on it and see if anything changes. I know it seems like I am going to an extreme, but I want to rule anything out. I also only have 16gb of ram, and def wouldn't mind 32gb. So maybe ill buy 16 moregb of ram to rule that out as well.

Just to be clear, is the CTD that is being discussed still the anvil to gottshaw inn CTD?

Just to be clear, is the CTD that is being discussed still the anvil to gottshaw inn CTD?

Yes sir. That is the one.

There is also another area where I always ctd as well which is from horncave to ill omen around that area.

For horn cave to ill omen, if I wait a few whole days I do not CTD in that area at all, but for around anvil to

Gotshaw inn waiting a few days does not solve that one for me. I'm going crazy to try to figure it out lol.

Yes sir. That is the one.

There is also another area where I always ctd as well which is from horncave to ill omen around that area.

For horn cave to ill omen, if I wait a few whole days I do not CTD in that area at all, but for around anvil to

Gotshaw inn waiting a few days does not solve that one for me. I'm going crazy to try to figure it out lol.

okay, whats funny is I can't seem to nail it down. If I 

cow tamriel -48,-3

then everything is okay but if I got from anvil to that cell by following the path then when the cells transition, I CTD right on the border. I can't explain it and I don't have the knowledge on investigating it.

So this rule out pretty much everything. The only thing lead I can follow is to gut the Worldspace edits in that area and try not to break anything and try it again.

If you want to meet up on skype or w/e Im available tonight for several more hours from posting time.

okay, whats funny is I can't seem to nail it down. If I 

cow tamriel -48,-3

then everything is okay but if I got from anvil to that cell by following the path then when the cells transition, I CTD right on the border. I can't explain it and I don't have the knowledge on investigating it.

So this rule out pretty much everything. The only thing lead I can follow is to gut the Worldspace edits in that area and try not to break anything and try it again.

If you want to meet up on skype or w/e Im available tonight for several more hours from posting time.

That would be fantastic. Discord works as well if that is easier for you.

Edited by Scythiss