General Oblivion Support

hishutup

Question

the orange textures don't really bother me that much, it's just that spot that they flicker in mouth of the panther which is north east of leyawinn.  It even does that on a 100% vanilla game to me.  One of the things I really want to get working is OOO and OR.  I have no idea why the OR.dll is causing the CTD and wouldn't even know where to start.  All my DLL's seem to be in the right place.

wow how odd, it does not exist in my oblivion folder.  Looking for it in xedit now.

the orange textures don't really bother me that much, it's just that spot that they flicker in mouth of the panther which is north east of leyawinn.  It even does that on a 100% vanilla game to me.  One of the things I really want to get working is OOO and OR.  I have no idea why the OR.dll is causing the CTD and wouldn't even know where to start.  All my DLL's seem to be in the right place.

wow how odd, it does not exist in my oblivion folder.  Looking for it in xedit now.

OR should not crash, what is your ini for it?

Those should not be orange, I would like to know the reason.

OOO/OR should be fine, as they don't touch the same things.

I have no idea how to put an attachment in when I try to pm you.  But yeah that mesh was definately not in my folder.  How do I send it to you on here?

Also here is my OR ini.  Is it possible I have a hardware issue that is making my game go crazy maybe?

https://pastebin.com/DwUei8C6

They are only orange if I turn at a certain angle however.  Not sure if that means much though.

I have no idea how to put an attachment in when I try to pm you.  But yeah that mesh was definately not in my folder.  How do I send it to you on here?

Also here is my OR ini.  Is it possible I have a hardware issue that is making my game go crazy maybe?

https://pastebin.com/DwUei8C6

They are only orange if I turn at a certain angle however.  Not sure if that means much though.

If the texture flashes in then dont send me the files because the texture is there(maybe).

Can you also send me the OSR inis

Im just trying to piece things together.

OSR ini

Master = {
    _comment = You can turn on or off each distinct feature from here.
    bManageFPS = 0
    bHookCriticalSections = 1
    bHookHashtables = 1
    bReplaceHeap = 1
    bReplaceGetTickCount = 1
    bLogToConsole = 0
    bFastExit = 0
    bExtraProfiling = 0
    bFlushLog = 1
    iSchedulingResolution = 1
    bReplaceRandom = 1
    bExperimentalStuff = 0
    iMainHookPoint = 1
}
Experimental = {
    _comment =bReduceSleep and iThreadsFixedToCPUs can probably reasonably be used at 1.  > 1 is a bad idea atm.
    _comment =other settings here you're probably better off not touching
    bReduceSleep = 0
    iThreadsFixedToCPUs = 1
    bSuppressRandomSeeding = 0
    bMonitorBSShaderAccumulator = 0
    iPrintSceneGraphDepth = 0
    bReplaceRandomWrappers = 1
    bBenchmarkHeap = 0
    bAlternateHeapHooks = 0
    iHeapMainBlockAddress = 0
}
FPS_Management = {
    _comment =Absent a good reason otherwise, bInject_iFPSClamp=1, fMaximumFPS= 30 to 85 (or 0), fMinimumFPS= 10 to 20, iFPS_Report_Period = 2000 to 60000, fExtraSleepPercent = 0.0 to 0.2
    bInject_iFPSClamp = 1
    fMaximumFPS =  0
    fMinimumFPS = 15
    iFPS_Report_Period = 15000
    fExtraSleepPercent =0.05
}
GetTickCount = {
    _comment =This section is disabled by default - see Master/bReplaceGetTickCount
    bForceResolution = 1
    bPreserveDC_Bias = 1
    bPreserveHighFreqComponents = 0
    bForceSync = 0
    iSyncLimitMilliseconds = 50
}
CriticalSections = {
    _comment = CS stuff helps Oblivion, Fallout, and New Vegas significantly
    _comment = much of the benefit comes from the Renderer+0x180 suppression (see overrides below)
    _comment = modes: 1=vanilla, 2=fair, 3=staggering(hybrid of 1 & 2), 5=suppressed
    bUseOverrides = 1
    iDefaultMode = 3
    iDefaultSpin = 1000
    iStaggerLevel = 5
    bEnableMessages = 1
    bEnableProfiling = 0
}
Heap = {
    _comment =This section is disabled by default - see Master/bReplaceHeap
    _comment =I recommend enabling it however.  
    _comment = Heap replacement can produce MAJOR improvements in performance on Oblivion at a significant cost in stability
    _comment = It crashes instantly on Fallout3 last I remember checking
    _comment = It seems to work on Fallout: New Vegas ?
    _comment = Algorithms: 1=FastMM4, 2=Microsoft (slow on XP), 3=SimpleHeap1, 4=TBBMalloc, 5=ThreadHeap2, 6=ThreadHeap3, 8=tcmalloc
    _comment = Algorithms numbers 1, 4, and 8 require external DLL files in the Data/OBSE/Plugins/ComponentDLLs folder
    _comment = Size is in units of megabytes, and only effects algorithms 3, 5, and 6 (other algorithms dynamically determine their own size)
    iHeapAlgorithm = 6
    bEnableProfiling = 0
    iHeapSize = 768
    bEnableMessages = 0
    bZeroAllocations = 0
}
Hashtables = {
    bUseOverrides = 1
    bEnableMessages = 0
    bEnableExtraMessages = 0
    bEnableProfiling = 0
}

yeah the textures flash in that area.  When you told me to look to see if I have the shipwreck nif in my Oblivion game folder, I did not have it.

The more heap mod doesnt allow oblivion to launch for me. It seems to do the same thing as heap replacement in OSR.

The default heap of 256MB for oblivion doesnt seem like it is enough, even for vanilla.

Set iHeapSize = 512 and tell me if it crashes

hishutup do you recommend frame rate manager in OR turned off or on? I always have it turned but does the feature even have any benefit? 

If its the one I am thinking of it adjusts the distances so that at high FPS you get all the LOD but at low fps is shortens the distance which helps framerate.

I find it keeps the fps a little bit more stable as well as trying to offer the best of both worlds.

Yep that's the one. Now that mt girlfriend left I have a few hours to try to get OR and OOO to work togetherfor me. I have no idea how to tackle it, but I will first try what you last suggested. My game really does not like that OR.dll

If its the one I am thinking of it adjusts the distances so that at high FPS you get all the LOD but at low fps is shortens the distance which helps framerate.

I find it keeps the fps a little bit more stable as well as trying to offer the best of both worlds.

Is there some way that the construction kit can be used in those problem areas to help figure out or even fix the problem?