General Oblivion Support

hishutup

Question

I wonder - if it's Equipment Mode causing the issue with the Pilgrims, what equipment in their inventory is actually causing the problem?

Change his name so I can approach with EquipmentMode disabled and make sure I'm changing the correct one.

Then, remove all items from him. With EquipmentMode enabled I can now approach him. That's good progress, now to figure out which item(s) are responsible.

There are two test methods that can be used now. One where things work fine and testing results in a crash, and the other by having the crash occur each time, until you find a situation that doesn't make it crash.

Using the first type of testing we can leave him with only one type of item. Armor, then Clothing, then LeveledItems, then Weapon, and test to find out which group results in a crash. No crash when he only has Armor, or Clothing. I'm sorely tempted to race ahead without testing but must ensure that things are done properly. LeveledItems are good too. I'm well prepared to see what happens when he only has his weapon at hand. Thank god for loincloths (couldn't resist joke).

What? No crash? Where's the kaboom? EquipmentMode is definitely enabled. Could it just be that using the Construction Kit to save OOO prevents the problem? No, that still crashes. Good.

Time for the other type of testing, where it crashes with all his items, and we remove them steadily until we find a situation that doesn't crash. Starting by removing his shoes things still crash. Good. Then all his clothing leaving him with armor/items/weapon, and crash, good. Have I said yet how good it is to have reliable crashes? It makes troubleshooting incredibly much more easier.

Removing items leaves him with only one armor and one weapon which still crash. His armor is an OOO Steel Battlestaff, and his weapon is an OOO Steel Hammer.

We know from before that with no items he doesn't crash. So I already have a preliminary prediction that this armor and weapon combination result in things crashing.

Here's what I expect to see from further testing:

1. Armor + Weapon = crash

2. Armor only = no crash

3. Weapon only = no crash

4. No items = no crash

Ticks for all of these situations. Does that mean that removing only either the armor or the weapon result in stability? Damn straight it does. Removing just the battlestaff, leaving all his other items with him, results in stability and no crash.

Earlier, disabling the Pilgrim's AI resulted in no crash, however no AI changes that I make to the pilgrim result in improvement.

With this new information about his items, I think that OblivionReloaded may be getting confused about how to handle both the battlestaff and the hammer at the same time.

Also  random floating objects with running test lodgen and tes4all and I followed instructions to the T

This is right outside bravil in the bravilbarrow fields from UL.  Im sure there is more random floating objects but these are the few I came across so far

DbmOLFP.jpg

JSfPRgi.jpg

pmw57 I used landmagic and it did not work however there was a post while back you said to run obmm first then run it.  Is that necessary? I did not do it as how you instructed too a few post back

Yes, running OBMM is necessary. Without doing that LandMagic has refused to run (for me and others) on several occasions, and the easy way to get it running it to just load up OBMM and immediately close it again. After that, LandMagic runs without complaint.

So far as my understanding is, this is because OBMM updates a file that Wrye Bash doesn't touch. Details of which file though are lost to the mists of time.

I get this odd issue with qtp3 installed and better cities, can anyone figure out why?

https://imgur.com/RZ2ytDS

It seems that we already have an entire topic dedicated to landscape holes and misalignments. It's best to keep such issues in that topic.

Not sure if these weirded out black blocky tetures from from tes lodgen and tes4all or ENB boost, and going over ENB boost mem limit

7CIzIEa.jpg

IzkXW86.jpg

Could those be from misbehaving hardware? I recall you saying earlier that your windows operating system was having stability problems from a dodgy hard drive.

Some of your issues can be down to configuration issues, and some of them look to be due to hardware issues. It is entirely possible for more than one cause to be responsible for things.

definitely not hardware, I know this for a fact because I replaced everything in my comp just last Wednesday lol

Even though I have two perfectly working  videos cards, a 1080 and 980ti I bought two titan x pascals so I can sli, not for oblivon of course but for other games in 4k.

Edited by Scythiss