General Oblivion Support

hishutup

Question

Gah! No wonder I wasn't able to experience the CTD. The OblivionReloaded.dll file wasn't being installed, and I eventually found that it was due to a user error. Yes, mine.

When installing OR I accidentally chose No to a question about installing the OBSE dll file, after which it seemed impossible to get Wrye Bash to recognise it again. Finally I stumbled on how to reverse this mistake.

- In the Wrye Bash settings menu (found at the bottom of the screen) export the list of allowed/disallowed OBSE plugin DLL's

- Edit the list, removing the disallowed plugins that you don't want to be removed

- From the settings menu, import in the updated list, and (important this) choose to not merge with the existing list, so that the existing list gets replaced.

- Delete the Oblivion Reloaded installer

- From the packaged Oblivion Reloaded installer, unpack to a project

- Check in the General tab that the .dll file is now there

- Install the project, and be damned careful to NOT HIT THE NO BUTTON, and instead press the YES button

Finally, regain sanity after cursing yourself and all of your misdeeds.

I forgot to make a note of that here.

I misunderstood what the author meant.

"Copy it to your root game folder (like you do with OBSE) and start the game/editor as you would normally (with the OBSE launcher or otherwise)."

I thought was

"Copy it to your game folder (like you do with OBSE plugins) and start the game/editor as you would normally (with the OBSE launcher or otherwise)."

I was also looking at Enhanced Vanilla Trees's fomod and was very confused by the folder structure as it isnt traditional by any means

Think I may of found the cell space.  It's 7, -1.  I have no idea how to use the CK though, so I can't even get the tree or ill omen to spawn in the ck render view.

Also I'm guessing you can't reproduce the CTD?

I can now reproduce the CTD. When travelling South from Horn Cave towards Ill Omen, it occurs when moving from cell 6, 1 to cell 6, 0.

You can see this happen when the Oblivion Reloaded.ini file is edited so that CombatMode and EquipmentMode are set to 0.

From the Oblivion console, set the debug text to mode 0, and toggle it on, with:

sdt 0
tdt

and you will see the PC Cell transition from "Wilderness 6 1" at the fallen tree to a long strange name of "xxxxxxxxObGateRandNV001old 6 0"

It's when crossing in to that "xxxxxxxxObGateRandNV001old" area that the crash occurs for me.

And as for the Gottshaw Inn, travelling East in to cell -44 -4 is okay, but any further in to -43 -4 causes the CTD when CombatMode and EquipmentMode are enabled.

Edited by pmw57

Really pmw57? You crash with equipment mode disabled? Because having that disabled also solved it for me from horn cave to ill omen.

No, quite the opposite, which means I'm the same. With them enabled things crash, and with them disabled you can cross over in to the area successfully. You can use the sdt and tdt commands to see the cell coordinates of the area that you were having trouble moving in to when equipment mode is enabled.

No, quite the opposite, which means I'm the same. With them enabled things crash, and with them disabled you can cross over in to the area successfully. You can use the sdt and tdt commands to see the cell coordinates of the area that you were having trouble moving in to when equipment mode is enabled.

I can skirt around the East from cell 6 1 to 7 1, around to 8 1 and 8 0 and back to 7 0 at the Inn, yet when carry on through to where 6 0 should be it crashes. How about from West?

6 1, to 5 1, to 4 1, and when going in to 4 0 it crashes. How far South do I have to go, before I can enter the Y coordinate 0 successfully? 1 0 is good, 2 0 is good, and I barely get in to 3 0 before there's trouble.

After charting this out, the trouble area seems to be roughly a square from the 6 0 to 4 -2. Entering any cells within that area cause trouble. Which means, that 5 -1 and 5 -2 seem to be the centre of the problem.

Edited by pmw57

After charting this out, the trouble area seems to be roughly a square from the 6 0 to 4 -2. Entering any cells within that area cause trouble. Which means, that 5 -1 and 5 -2 seem to be the centre of the problem.

Narrowing the problem further, I've been testing by toggling the AI with the tai command.

tai
All AI processing is Off
player.tai
Player AI processing is Off
player.tai
Player AI processing is On

Turning off the AI except for me, results in no crash. I tried the same with the combat ai but with no success there.

This seem to imply that some kind of creature that's spawning in a neighboring cell is the causing the issue.

I gave myself a detect life spell, and when entering in to the troubled cells, only saw one life form in there. A Pilgrim of Zenithar with an id of 01006AD6

Issuing the following console command results n successfully getting through the trouble area, with EquipmentMode enabled.

prid 01006ad6
tai
Pilgrm of Zenithar processing is Off

Time to double check. Get the crash first, then issue the above commands to confirm success.

Yep, and when near the pilgrim, if I enable his processing once again things go crash. I think we've found what's causing the problem.

Edited by pmw57

I gave myself a detect life spell, and when entering in to the troubled cells, only saw one life form in there. A Pilgrim of Zenithar with an id of 01006AD6

Issuing the following console command results n successfully getting through the trouble area, with EquipmentMode enabled.

prid 01006ad6
tai
Pilgrm of Zenithar processing is Off

Time to double check. Get the crash first, then issue the above commands to confirm success.

Yep, and when near the pilgrim, if I enable his processing once again things go crash. I think we've found what's causing the problem.

My crash report has been supplied to the Oblivion Reloaded group, at https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/2367124-oblivion-reloaded/page-704&do=findComment&comment=41057710

In regard to the same crashing trouble from Anvil to the Gottshaw Inn, I see that there's another Wayshrine of Zenithar between the inn and Kvatch. I'll take short odds on it being another pilgrim causing the trouble there too.

I think that a better idea is for someone to figure out just what is happening with Oblivin Reloaded that's causing the problem. That person might end up being me too.

Edit: Heh, no such luck. It's all hiding within the compiled dll file.

Edited by pmw57

I wonder if I can just delete those pilgrims and make my game work with equipment mode because I do like the feature besides the clipping with MOO's backpacks and shields.

Yes, those pilgrims can be deleted using TES4Edit. They're in Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp in Worldspace -> Tamriel -> 00023777 Cell -> Persistent

If you sort by the Name column, you'll find them at the end with names like ZZZOOOPilgrimAkatosh1

Yes, those pilgrims can be deleted using TES4Edit. They're in Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp in Worldspace -> Tamriel -> 00023777 Cell -> Persistent

If you sort by the Name column, you'll find them at the end with names like ZZZOOOPilgrimAkatosh1

Do not delete records, disable them. That record is also persistent so it may take more effort to actually disable it.

I would recommend disabling equipment mode as its causing issues, if it get a rework, it may be worth looking at again.

Do not delete records, disable them. That record is also persistent so it may take more effort to actually disable it.

I would recommend disabling equipment mode as its causing issues, if it get a rework, it may be worth looking at again.

Excellent, good advice there. I'll see if the OOO group are interested in chasing down things from their end too.