General Oblivion Support

hishutup

Question

So I used the burn stress tool again your posted.  I have no errors but when it finishes at the end, my comp crashed and I have to restart it.  It won't let me boot up windows until turning it off and leaving it off for a while and when I finally do get it on my ssd becomes full of space when I should have about 200 gigs left.  Would that indicate a ssd problem?

Did you know that burn-in tests are supposed to be run continuously for 24 hours?

Another possible avenue is to stress-test your GPU. https://www.geeks3d.com/gputest/

really? it said 15 minutes remaining when I tried to run it so I figured it was only 15 mins long

So I used the burn stress tool again your posted.  I have no errors but when it finishes at the end, my comp crashed and I have to restart it.  It won't let me boot up windows until turning it off and leaving it off for a while and when I finally do get it on my ssd becomes full of space when I should have about 200 gigs left.  Would that indicate a ssd problem?

Yes, I think that it would indeed.

really? it said 15 minutes remaining when I tried to run it so I figured it was only 15 mins long

Ahh, that will be the free version limitation. I think that there are other burn-in tests that run properly longer. 
Most hard drive manufacturers provide stress-testing software for their devices from their website.

Edited by pmw57

Welp I'll get me a nice samsung 500gb evo on payday this week then. Guess I will

Have to keep myself occupied until then lol.

Not to burst your bubble, but the reason for such excessive stress testing is to gather confirming evidence about may be at fault.

It would be quite a shame to go to the expense of a new hard drive only to find that you still have the same problem, because that wasn't what was causing the issue in the first place.

Good luck.

Not to burst your bubble, but the reason for such excessive stress testing is to gather confirming evidence about may be at fault.

It would be quite a shame to go to the expense of a new hard drive only to find that you still have the same problem, because that wasn't what was causing the issue in the first place.

Good luck.

True.  I'm seriously about to replace my whole rig lol.  I just want a damn stable game.  I put this thing together not even a year ago too.  The only old parts my ssd, hard drive and power supply.  All 3 of those about 5 years old now.  I appreciate your help man.

Edited by Scythiss

Hey @hishutup

I have something for you. You know the issue that Alive Waters Updated causes when you rebuild the Bashed patch, and you get a python warning with:

mgef: RawMGEFCode(RSWD)
mgef not found in bush.mgef_name

That's caused by two ingredients, herring fillet and eel flesh, that each contain a reference to Resist Water Damage, which doesn't exist anymore.

Removing that effect from each of the ingredients allows the rebuild to proceed without any trouble.

I put the details in this post in their forum thread.
Edited by pmw57

pmw57 everytime I use that tool you link me to, to test my rig my comp crashes when it finished and then my computer will not boot up because it does not recognize my ssd  unless I leave my computer turned off for a while.  I'm 80% sure my ssd is probably screwed up.  I've been dealing with all kinds of crazy thing on my comp in the past year or so.  Files fail to write to my ssd, comp takes forever to start up.  Been gettings Bsod for the past year when leaving my comp idle even after reformatting.  Even when I reformat and I test my system for corrupt files, It says I have tons of corrupted windows files.  Not sure if everything I listed is symptoms of an ssd issue, but I guess we will see when my new one arrives in a few days.

Hey @hishutup

I have something for you. You know the issue that Alive Waters Updated causes when you rebuild the Bashed patch, and you get a python warning with:

mgef: RawMGEFCode(RSWD)
mgef not found in bush.mgef_name

That's caused by two ingredients, herring fillet and eel flesh, that each contain a reference to Resist Water Damage, which doesn't exist anymore.

Removing that effect from each of the ingredients allows the rebuild to proceed without any trouble.

I put the details in this post in their forum thread.

And knight spines! 

Herring fillet, eel flesh, and knight spines all contain the reference to RSWD that's causing the problem. 

pmw57 everytime I use that tool you link me to, to test my rig my comp crashes when it finished and then my computer will not boot up because it does not recognize my ssd  unless I leave my computer turned off for a while.  I'm 80% sure my ssd is probably screwed up.  I've been dealing with all kinds of crazy thing on my comp in the past year or so.  Files fail to write to my ssd, comp takes forever to start up.  Been gettings Bsod for the past year when leaving my comp idle even after reformatting.  Even when I reformat and I test my system for corrupt files, It says I have tons of corrupted windows files.  Not sure if everything I listed is symptoms of an ssd issue, but I guess we will see when my new one arrives in a few days.

Excellent! I could not have asked for a more reliable way to demonstrate that your hard drive is buggered and needs to be replaced ;-)

Edited by pmw57

So because my ssd is down for the count, I did a clean install of windows 10 on my hard drive and I'm still getting the same CTD.  I've seen that Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Redistributable Package 2015 x86
and Latest version of DirectX 9.0c (June 2010) is required.  I'm going to try to install that and see if anything changes.

So because my ssd is down for the count, I did a clean install of windows 10 on my hard drive and I'm still getting the same CTD.  I've seen that Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Redistributable Package 2015 x86

and Latest version of DirectX 9.0c (June 2010) is required.  I'm going to try to install that and see if anything changes.

Don't even bother testing Oblivion yet until you have confirmed that the system changes you've made result in a more stable computer system. Use the tsts that showed your SSD was so sad, for example.

It might be that the SSD is not the root cause for example.

Don't even bother testing Oblivion yet until you have confirmed that the system changes you've made result in a more stable computer system. Use the tsts that showed your SSD was so sad, for example.

It might be that the SSD is not the root cause for example.

For sure.  I'm going to give this another go on a laptop and see if I can get any CTD

's but I swear I had none after testing it like 20 different times on the laptop.

Edited by Scythiss

I know hishutup was able to reproduce the CTD, so at least that makes my claims some what sane.

I also don't know what changes I should make to have a more stable comp.  Everytime I run that test I get 0 errors but at the end when it finishes it makes my comp crash.

I know hishutup was able to reproduce the CTD, so at least that makes my claims some what sane.

Was he? Last I saw he has said two significant things about it, nothing confirming the CTD on his part yet.

First, when you provided your step-by-step install process:

oh, that is weird.

I'll have to look into it a little bit more but Scythiss isnt 100% crazy.

It must be a spawn or something.

and  later when you questioned him further:

I just havent investigated it. My guess is that there some thing with a bad mesh.

Edited by pmw57