General Oblivion Support

hishutup

Question

Is there some way that the construction kit can be used in those problem areas to help figure out or even fix the problem?

I highly doubt anyone will even be able to figure out why the two mods are CTDing together. It just makes no sense because they aren't related in anyway. Also seems no one else can reproduce the CTD but myself. Oblivion hates me lol.

Edited by Scythiss

It has to just be it's incompatible.  I tried every configuration I can think of and nothing works.  Everytime I check event viewer it shows The cause Is OR.dll

Event viewer is useless.

If youre saying OOO and OR are incompatible then I HIGHLY doubt that.

I highly doubt anyone will even be able to figure out why the two mods are CTDing together. It just makes no sense because they aren't related in anyway. Also seems no one else can reproduce the CTD but myself. Oblivion hates me lol.

Can you give us a blow by blow set of instructions for how you install both OOO and OR?

For example:

1. Open the OOO zip file

2. extract the contents to ...

or

1. In the Installer tab of Wrye Bash right/click on the Package tab and create a new marker called OOO

1. Drag and drop the OOO zip file into the Installer tab of Wyre Bash

2. Right-click on the archive and unpack to projects

3. Delete the archive

4. If needed, drag the unpacked archive to the OOO marker section

And so on.

With enough detail so that someone on a different computer can follow your instructions, so that they can experience the same trouble that you are having for the purposes of troubleshooting.

Edited by pmw57

yeah.

OR

1.drag OR archive to installers tab

2.unpack to project

3.configure Ini in OR

4.refresh project

5.make changed to Oblivion ini

6.install project

OOO

this is the version I am using here,

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/46199/?

I tried older ones too however and still CTD with OOO and OR together.

1.download OOO full

2.Download OOO bsa

3.drag OOO BSA archive to installers TAB

4.unpack to project

5. install

6.Drag OOO Full arhive to installers tab

7. unpack to project

8. uncheck knights of nine and deadric weapons ESP

9. install

10. Run boss

11. Create Bashed patch

AREA's OF CTD

1. between horn cave and ill omen inn on the road and around that area in general (waiting inside an interior for a few  days has solved this one for me)

2. On the road from anvil to Gottshaw inn, CTD right around Gottshaw inn.  (no idea what is causing this one.)

All this is when running only OR and OOO together, when I uninstall OR I have no problem.

Edited by Scythiss

oh, that is weird.

I'll have to look into it a little bit more but Scythiss isnt 100% crazy.

It must be a spawn or something.

In OR, set these and test

WindowedMode             = 0
WaterManagement          = 0
CustomEffects            = 0
FrameRate                = 0
SaveSettings             = 0
CombatMode               = 0
CameraMode               = 0
EquipmentMode            = 0
SleepingMode             = 0
GrassMode                = 0

oh, that is weird.

I'll have to look into it a little bit more but Scythiss isnt 100% crazy.

It must be a spawn or something.

In OR, set these and test

WindowedMode             = 0
WaterManagement          = 0
CustomEffects            = 0
FrameRate                = 0
SaveSettings             = 0
CombatMode               = 0
CameraMode               = 0
EquipmentMode            = 0
SleepingMode             = 0
GrassMode                = 0

Tried this and getting the same results.  None of you can get reproduce it? Really wish I had another comp or even laptop laying around to try it.

Blah. I maye just have to give in here. I want that sexy imperial armor it puts on imperial guards though. Has anyone been able to reproduce the CTD?

I have, I just havent investigated it. My guess is that there some thing with a bad mesh.

Blah. I maye just have to give in here. I want that sexy imperial armor it puts on imperial guards though. Has anyone been able to reproduce the CTD?

I think that I'll have time to investigate this in a few days too. Having a reproducible confirmation from a different person really helps to lend weight to the issue, and your step-by-step guide is a really big help.

I would like to ask though, after installing how do you get to the trouble area? Do you load up a save game, do you go through the sewers creating your character and travel in some way there, or do you do something else?

Edited by pmw57

I think that I'll have time to investigate this in a few days too. Having a reproducible confirmation from a different person really helps to lend weight to the issue, and your step-by-step guide is a really big help.

I would like to ask though, after installing how do you get to the trouble area? Do you load up a save game, do you go through the sewers creating your character and travel in some way there, or do you do something else?

I tried both save games and new games and still receive the issue.  I got tired of doing the dungeon tutorial quest every time when testing so I slapped on alt beginnings to speed it up.  I been testing as  a new game every time though, although I have tried both.

I wish I had modding knowledge so I can contribute to helping you two working your asses off trying to solve my issue.  I really appreciate it guys.

Work... no, not really. Every now and then I'll boot up oblivion but Ive been playing Skyrim and doing other internet things