General Oblivion Support

hishutup

Question

even after re dling everything and installing it I get the same issue,  I think my best bet is to find the mesh that changes wells in quarls and delete it.  no Idea where i would find it though,

Finding the mesh was actually pretty easy let's see if deleting it changes anything for me.

Edited by Scythiss

oh wow, it's actually not the well, it's the base that the well is on.  when I highlight the base it gives me a different formid than the well.  I hope this information helps a little.

this is the well and as you can see the black tear is not highlighted

wpy0T46.jpg

but when highlighting the base on the ground the tear is highlighted here, now to track down the mesh that changes this

lLfLnOr.jpg

fixed it :)

it was the ANCastleCourtCircle01.NIF mesh in qtp3 compatibility patch. 

So ANCastleCourtCircle01.NIF in qtp3 compatibility patch is actually named ancastlecourtcircle01.nif in quarls texture pack.  When I get rid of ANCastleCourtCircle01.NIF in qtp3 compatibility package the tear goes away.  I was wondering what if I made it the same name as the one in quarls, so pretty much just removing the capitals to match it exactly and re added it.  No more black tear still :)

I'm not exactly sure why this fixed it for me, but I wonder If BC gets confused what it is over right because there is the same mesh in caps and without caps.

Is there any downsides to changing the name of a mesh? like CTD's or what not?

Edited by Scythiss

fixed it :)

it was the ANCastleCourtCircle01.NIF mesh in qtp3 compatibility patch. 

So ANCastleCourtCircle01.NIF in qtp3 compatibility patch is actually named ancastlecourtcircle01.nif in quarls texture pack.  When I get rid of ANCastleCourtCircle01.NIF in qtp3 compatibility package the tear goes away.  I was wondering what if I made it the same name as the one in quarls, so pretty much just removing the capitals to match it exactly and re added it.  No more black tear still :)

I'm not exactly sure why this fixed it for me, but I wonder If BC gets confused what it is over right because there is the same mesh in caps and without caps.

Is there any downsides to changing the name of a mesh? like CTD's or what not?

Nice investigative work there. CTD's won't be an issue, but I wonder how this became an issue in the first place. I want to experience the issue and test things further.

Am I right to believe that adding in the unofficial oblivion patch and qarl's uop patch is likely to have me experience the same problem?

Okay, let's try this out.

With QTP and BC already installed, I'm going to add the unofficial patches for Oblivion, Shivering Isles, and DLC, along with Qarls UOP compatibility patch.

- Unpack the the three unofficial patches and Qarls UOP compatibility patch in to the Wrye Bash installer

- Create a Fixes marker in where to group the unofficial ones, and place Qarls one after his texture pack

- Remove UOP vampire aging esp from UOP and then install

- Install the Unofficial shivering isles patch

- Install the Unofficial oblivion DLC patch is what would normally come next here, but as I'm testing a smaller installation without them, I'm doing without them for now.

- Install the qtp3 uop compatibility patch

- Go to the mods tab, right-click on the File heading and load all

- Close Wrye Bash, run BOSS, Open Wrye Bash, right-click on Bashed patch and rebuild with beta.

Let's see how the well looks now. It looks good.

Oddly, the QTP installer is red, due to a missing mesh, which has a space at the start of its filename.

meshes\dungeons\caves\exterior\ centrancemtnsnowlg02.nif

Ahh, I see from QTP's forum post #34 that we should rename it to remove the space, which File Explorer doesn't allow me to do. Instead, you have to rename it by filling that space with some other character such as "ccentrancemtnsnowlg02nif", and then remove that character so that the filename is "centrancemtnsnowlg02.nif"

Edit: No! Don't post yet. *sigh* Work continues.

Edited by pmw57

hmmm, so I forgot to anneal when I put back in the ANCastleCourtCircle01.NIF mesh

and when I did anneal I got the same tear, so I just deleted both the meshes from qtp3compat patch and quarls so get rid of the issue.

Now to figure out what the hell is causing me to CTD in skingrad outskirts with better cities.

pretty much finished through the advanced mods section

Refresh Qarls texture pack after renaming that file, and anneal, and after that diversion back to investigating the ANCastleCourtCircle01.nif texture.

Uninstalling Qarls UoP compatibility patch doesn't result in the tear, nor does messing around with that ANCastleCourtCircle01 inside the patch file result in anything for me either.

Can you please investigate this further, as you are able to experience the tear in the landscape. Does following my install process above result in the tear still being there?

Refresh Qarls texture pack after renaming that file, and anneal, and after that diversion back to investigating the ANCastleCourtCircle01.nif texture.

Uninstalling Qarls UoP compatibility patch doesn't result in the tear, nor does messing around with that ANCastleCourtCircle01 inside the patch file result in anything for me either.

Can you please investigate this further, as you are able to experience the tear in the landscape. Does following my install process above result in the tear still being there?

Yeah re did it again and got the tear.  Only thing that makes it go away is deleting the mesh from both packages.

Hey guys I using frostcrag reborn de isolated version, and it comes with if's problems but I fixed most of them, they were just missing mesh issues that can be found in the other frostcrag version.

So I only have one issue. Basically when you buy the alchemy lab it does not show up and I assume

This is something as easy as enabling it in the construction kit but the problem is I have no idea how to use the ck. If any one can tell me how to do it, it would be wonderful :)

Edited by Scythiss

All hail hishutup for solving my issue :)

A summary of what happened is that after purchasing an option, the objects were not enabling.

After tracking down the enable parent which had the correct script event to enable it. However, there was another sub enable parent that was never enabled.

This caused the initial scripted enable to fail as the object was still inheriting the disable flag.

After looking at the scenario it appeared that the initial enable parent was not supposed to have any enable parent and was supposed to be the root.

As for the sub enable parent, it was an object sitting on a desk, so it seemed logical to add an enable parent to match the original enable parent.

Making these edits provided a seemingly correct result.

New issue.  When using OOO and better Cities, some of the better cities characters have weirdo eyes.  It seems like there are two separate meshes or textures for the eyes that are fighting for each to be in the middle here.  This would be an easy fix, all I would have to do is remove the texture or mesh but OOO and better cities are BSA's. 

yiay1gL.jpg