General Oblivion Support

hishutup

Question

I wish I had modding knowledge so I can contribute to helping you two working your asses off trying to solve my issue.  I really appreciate it guys.

The information from you certainly has been helpful. I don't recall seeing you mention yet anything about MenuQue. Is that involved in your process?

The information from you certainly has been helpful. I don't recall seeing you mention yet anything about MenuQue. Is that involved in your process?

It is, but when I test it. I am only running OR and OOO together to rule anything else out.  With or without menque I get the same results :(

It is, but when I test it. I am only running OR and OOO together to rule anything else out.  With or without menque I get the same results :(

Okay - I've created a fresh new Oblivion install and installed OR (using the install instructions on the nexusmods page), and OOO. Using alternate start in Anvil, I'm running to Gottshaw Inn along the road. Do you use any kind of speed boost?

I'll try running back and forth along there until I've got to Gottshaw 10 times over, and report back.

Okay - I've created a fresh new Oblivion install and installed OR (using the install instructions on the nexusmods page), and OOO. Using alternate start in Anvil, I'm running to Gottshaw Inn along the road. Do you use any kind of speed boost?

I'll try running back and forth along there until I've got to Gottshaw 10 times over, and report back.

These runs from Anvil to Gottshaw Inn (with Oblivion Reloaded and Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul) were all done while enjoying an Armin van Buuren video on the second screen.

Times 1 to 3 were at normal speed from an Alternate Start game saved outside of Anvil.

Time 4 was at at a player speed of 255 to try and push things a bit.

Time 5 was also at speed, at which I didn't reload the save game so that future runs are all continuous.

Time 6 was on a horse, that goes stupidly fast at 255, so brought it back to 128. It couldn't handle the drops at speed though.

Time 7 was on a new horse at a 128, it had trouble when going back to Anvil, as the downward sections resulted in the horse going airborne at speed. They don't like that sadly.

Time 8 I went for the guard's horse, which goes at speed too but still couldn't survive. Cornering cannot occur quickly, sadly.

Time 9 the guard became a pincushion as I backed away from towards Gottshaw

Time 10, as the The other bandit at Gottshaw just told me to bugger off I brought the other one closer to Anvil with me for the journey.

It's solid as a rock for me dammit.

Edited by pmw57

These runs from Anvil to Gottshaw Inn (with Oblivion Reloaded and Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul) were all done while enjoying an Armin van Buuren video on the second screen.

Times 1 to 3 were at normal speed from an Alternate Start game saved outside of Anvil.

Time 4 was at at a player speed of 255 to try and push things a bit.

Time 5 was also at speed, at which I didn't reload the save game so that future runs are all continuous.

Time 6 was on a horse, that goes stupidly fast at 255, so brought it back to 128. It couldn't handle the drops at speed though.

Time 7 was on a new horse at a 128, it had trouble when going back to Anvil, as the downward sections resulted in the horse going airborne at speed. They don't like that sadly.

Time 8 I went for the guard's horse, which goes at speed too but still couldn't survive. Cornering cannot occur quickly, sadly.

Time 9 the guard became a pincushion as I backed away from towards Gottshaw

Time 10, as the The other bandit at Gottshaw just told me to bugger off I brought the other one closer to Anvil with me for the journey.

It's solid as a rock for me dammit.

Really? wow.  I want to know why it's CTDing on me over there :(

the only speedboost I am using is setting athletics and speed to 100.  I CTD everytime.  It's also not another mod causing this because I am only running the two together.  Seriously considering buying a laptop or something just to test it on there to confirm if it's a problem with my computer.

now I am getting odd tears in my game lol.  Maybe be time to do an clean install again.  For some oddreason quarls texture pack and bc together have this weird tear in anvil.  I checked anvil hundreds of times and never seen this before.  Something in my game must of got messed up.

RZ2ytDS.jpg

I just tried to download oblivion and run OR and OOO together on my moms little dinky laptop and it does not CTD in the problematic places at all, I tested over and over again.  I also don't see the crazy flickering orange textures at mouth of the panther.   She is also running windows 10 as well.  Would this mean my hardware is failing?

I just tried to download oblivion and run OR and OOO together on my moms little dinky laptop and it does not CTD in the problematic places at all, I tested over and over again.  I also don't see the crazy flickering orange textures at mouth of the panther.   She is also running windows 10 as well.  Would this mean my hardware is failing?

That's a possibility, yes. For the record I'm running Oblivion on Windows 10 with no troubles caused by it at all.

You may want to test your memory with memtest86, and your hard drive using recommendations from this best hdd diagnostic / test thread.

Edit: without to with, our to your.

Edited by pmw57

I used windows 10 memory test program, and it said I had no errors for my ram.  Also I used a tool to check my ssd and hdd and it also said I was fine.  Not sure how true that is though becasue even after I reformated did a clean install of windows 10.  if I leave my computer idle and turn it back on after 30 minutes or so I get a BSOD saying critical_process_died

I used windows 10 memory test program, and it said I had no errors for my ram.  Also I used a tool to check my ssd and hdd and it also said I was fine.  Not sure how true that is though becasue even after I reformated did a clean install of windows 10.  if I leave my computer idle and turn it back on after 30 minutes or so I get a BSOD saying critical_process_died

You may want to test your hardware more extensively then. Burn-in tests are used by most companies to stress-test machines before shipping them out to customers.

You can use PassMark's BurnInTest which gives a 30-day trial for you to use.

Edited by pmw57

I found something very very odd.  I was having a look at my bios and it does not detect my SSD even though my OS is installed on my ssd and my comp loads up just fine.  Is that something I should be worried about? I don't know to much about computers

I found something very very odd.  I was having a look at my bios and it does not detect my SSD even though my OS is installed on my ssd and my comp loads up just fine.  Is that something I should be worried about? I don't know to much about computers

No, it's best not to worry about that at this stage.

For sure.  I just want to know wth in my system is causing my game to CTD.  Something in my system isn't right.

Now that it's all but confirmed to be an issue outside of Oblivion, stress-testing with burn-in software will help to reveal where any hardware issue may be hiding.