General Oblivion Support

hishutup

Question

So I just found out it's from self shadows being on.  It's really odd because it wasn't happening before when I had self shadows on.

It's likely that your oblivion.ini file is causing the problem. The way to fix that is to delete it and have Ovlivion recreate it when the game starts. Be sure to take a backup so that you can transfer over any important setting when it's done.

It's likely that your oblivion.ini file is causing the problem. The way to fix that is to delete it and have Ovlivion recreate it when the game starts. Be sure to take a backup so that you can transfer over any important setting when it's done.

I tried that and it didn't work.  It's possible there are a whole bunch of files still inside my oblivion folder even though I uninstalled a lot of stuff to check certain things.  I deleted everything and clean installed hopefully this clears it out and stops my random CTD's

Would there be anyway to make Oblivion Reloaded and compatible bymself? It crashes everytime at a percise location, I'm wondering if I delete the cell where it crashes at in tesedit if it will make it work.

if it crashes with specific cells then tell me what the cell is so I can see if it is on my end.

if it crashes with specific cells then tell me what the cell is so I can see if it is on my end.

Sorry hishutup I don't even actually know how to locate the cell which was going to be my next question.   But it crashes on the road from horn cave to ill omen and it's generally around that area.  I just really want to my imperials in the game to have OOO's awesome imperial armor it puts on them, and the other features of course.

I never heard of anyone else from having the same issue, and I tried to search for something similar quite a bit.  I just reformatted my comp as well so I wonder if maybe I have an hardware issue.  Every time I check event viewer it says OblivionReloaded.dll is the cause for my CTD in that area.

it CTD's around that area no matter what for me, but I another thing I noticed since my graphic settings don't want to save for some odd reason is when I don't slide it all the way up it does not CTD right away for me, but if I keep running around the spot for a good minute my game will CTD.  Also this is only running Oblivion reloaded, it's requirements and OOO together.

Think I may of found the cell space.  It's 7, -1.  I have no idea how to use the CK though, so I can't even get the tree or ill omen to spawn in the ck render view.

Also I'm guessing you can't reproduce the CTD?

Edited by Scythiss

So running south east on the road and here is the form Id of the ill omen sign 0009d93.  It's in that area in general when the CTD happens.  Also if I put my graphic settings on max it instantly CTD's on that road(from horn cave to ill omen). 

I swear if you figure this out for me i'll donate 100 dollars next pay day lol, thats how bad I want to use OOO

I don't know, I don't crash. I don't know if its the engine being terrible or if something in the LO is busted.

I tried using boss and Loot for the load order if that's what you are talking about being busted with no avail.  I wonder if something in my hardware is making my game ctd there.

You are missing a ton of textures, something went wrong during the install of something

lol, this happens everytime I install the game.  it becomes orange like that when I turn a certain angle and then it flickers back to the original texture.  It's really odd.  This has been happening to me since I first bought this for steam and even played it on vanilla.  I wonder if it is possible to have a bad copy of oblivion.

I just figured it was a bug that comes with the game.

Edited by Scythiss