General Oblivion Support

hishutup

Question

Just tested it again.  CTD within the first 30 - 40 minutes with speed 255 and athletics 255 while running around the world.  Same error code as well.  When I set to 100 athletics and speed I ran around the world for 2 hours before I decided to call it quits.  Going to try to install OOO and MOO now, OOO always had and odd crashing point though between ill omen and horn cave.  Wondering if it will happen again now that I reformatted.

I am reminded of a doctor joke. The patient says, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "Then don't do that!"

I look forward though to further details in regards to Ill Omen and Horn Cave though.

Edited by pmw57

I am reminded of a doctor joke. The patient says, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "Then don't do that!"

I look forward though to further details in regards to Ill Omen and Horn Cave though.

Lol most def.  and yeah Im glad I ruled that out as something that was causing me to CTD.  I just wanted some kind of consistency before I could rule that out as a cause of me crashing.  Sadly I think I will have quite a few more CTD's to figure out.  *keeps my fingers crossed*

I'm also using the latest version of OOO(OOO137) when it crashed between that area, it CTD's on the road from horncave to ill omen.  Right around that area on the road.  I also tried using an older version of OOO and same thing still happened in that area.

and I really do appreciate your help man, you are a god send

Edited by Scythiss

Just tested it after my reformat.  Oblivion reloaded is causing it

Faulting application name: Oblivion.exe, version: 1.2.0.416, time stamp: 0x462392c7
Faulting module name: OblivionReloaded.dll, version: 4.2.2.0, time stamp: 0x574dad8a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000267d3
Faulting process id: 0x1a1c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1da460bf51e4b
Faulting application path: C:\Games\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Oblivion.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Games\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins\OblivionReloaded.dll
Report Id: 94b8788c-e3f8-44f5-a715-ff11fb3fbb6b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I've been disconnected from these thread because the guide is a mess and I can fix it but I am not good with descriptions or explanations. I've been intermittently fixing this guide on a different page but its slow and will be lacking in explanations and details. If anyone doesn't mind rewording some snips(a paragraph or two) shoot me a pm.

As for the crashes, its likely oblivion being oblivion. I think they can be somewhat minimized by using ENBoost(without speedhack), OR, OSR(FPS management disabled).

Any skills that meh has, I do not have when it comes to the exe, sorry.

I've been disconnected from these thread because the guide is a mess and I can fix it but I am not good with descriptions or explanations. I've been intermittently fixing this guide on a different page but its slow and will be lacking in explanations and details. If anyone doesn't mind rewording some snips(a paragraph or two) shoot me a pm.

As for the crashes, its likely oblivion being oblivion. I think they can be somewhat minimized by using ENBoost(without speedhack), OR, OSR(FPS management disabled).

Any skills that meh has, I do not have when it comes to the exe, sorry.

Awesome can't wait to see the updated version.

pmw57 you know anything about ENB's? im using candid ENB and I just noticed my hands and weapons are transparent.  It was not doing this before I reformatted.  I wonder what I did, I followed all the instructions on their page as well.

Edited by Scythiss

pmw57 you know anything about ENB's? im using candid ENB and I just noticed my hands and weapons are transparent. It was not doing this before I reformatted. I wonder what I did, I followed all the instructions on their page as well.

I know nothing on this, but a Google search turns up the following successful advice that I'll condense below:

In the end series.ini file, disable detailed shadows and ambient occlusion. Then try a more recent version of ENB before enabling them nice again.

Edited by pmw57

I know nothing on this, but a Google search turns up the following successful advice that I'll condense below:

In the end series.ini file, disable detailed shadows and ambient occlusion. Then try a more recent version of ENB before enabling them nice again.

I will try that

The weapons dont really become transparent but the AO shadowing is seen overlayed on the weapon

Oh yeah I thought it was transparent because I was able to see bjects through my weapons and hands.

I just watched a video of a guy playing with the same enb and he doesn't have the same issue I have.  I must of set it up wrong some how. 

for any of those wondering it's candid enb, it makes the game look super beautiful

Edited by Scythiss

I'm getting an odd error.  I looked it up and it said it could be due to a virus but I highly doubt I have one because I just reformatted my comp any suggestions what this may be or how to fix?  Happens after running around for 2 hours or so

Faulting application name: Oblivion.exe, version: 1.2.0.416, time stamp: 0x462392c7
Faulting module name: KERNEL32.DLL, version: 10.0.10586.0, time stamp: 0x5632d9fd
Fault offset: 0x00022a2b
Faulting process id: 0x1d40
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1de6f8b846fda
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNEL32.DLL
Report Id: 8a1554e5-7aa2-4d1f-bd31-94b6a2a9d5ff

I'm getting an odd error.  I looked it up and it said it could be due to a virus but I highly doubt I have one because I just reformatted my comp any suggestions what this may be or how to fix?  Happens after running around for 2 hours or so

Faulting module name: KERNEL32.DLL, version: 10.0.10586.0, time stamp: 0x5632d9fd

Fault offset: 0x00022a2b

Faulting process id: 0x1d40

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1de6f8b846fda

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNEL32.DLL

Report Id: 8a1554e5-7aa2-4d1f-bd31-94b6a2a9d5ff

That's not a virus - you have just reformatted your computer. Your graphics and audio drivers will be out of date. Update your drivers and you should see an improvement.

That's not a virus - you have just reformatted your computer. Your graphics and audio drivers will be out of date. Update your drivers and you should see an improvement.

I believe all my drivers are up to date. Maybe ill reinstall them. Also very curious. How do you check your game for stability? Do you just run from town to town and through the forest and what not? I run to every town in a big circle starting with anvil going in a big circle back to anvil then Run through all the forrest. Im wondering if thats too much and if there is a shorter way for me to test. I can run for 3 hours before I get that kernel32.dll crash

I reinstalled all my drivers and ran around the game world for 3 to 4 hours without CTD, and then closed my game.  About to start the advanced mod section, this is where things will most likely get ugly. 

does anyone know hot to get Oblivion reloaded and OOO together?

it crashes everytime in the place I mentioned before, from horn cave to ill omen.  I only ran these two together and got the CTD there also event viewer said oblivionreloaded.dl is causing it.

just wondering if anyone some how got it working, I really want the unique imperial armors it puts on the guards, and the other features wouldn't hurt too.  I removed it for the time being until I can find a fix.