STEP v2.2.9 Official Bug Reports

EssArrBee

This will also impact the ENB guides (all of them I think), so I will take a look more carefully when I have some time.

@s4n

Thanks for clarifying that PAGE TOOLS > REFRESH should be used sparingly, and only when updating SMW components of the STEP Guide and Packs for the most part.

Yeah, some of the advanced guides still needed to be updated last time I checked earlier today.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Guides should still be good since you offloaded most of the ENBoost stuff.

My thinking was that if the default enblocal.ini sets the following as default:

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16

... then any guide that mentions using driver-side for AF, will need to mention reverting those two edits ... perhaps it is just the ATI CCC guide?

My thinking was that if the default enblocal.ini sets the following as default:

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16

... then any guide that mentions using driver-side for AF, will need to mention reverting those two edits ... perhaps it is just the ATI CCC guide?

Using the ENB side is more desirable than drivers due to Boris's special filtering out of textures that should not be put through AF. The quality is the same either way.

If I find the time I'll run Skyrim Performance Monitor through the carriage ride opening with each option and see what each average FPS rate is.  Right now I'm working on creating a patch for Animal Tweaks and Skyrim Immersive Creatures to give to "Crushboss" to put up on his mod page for Animal Tweaks.  "evrymetul" is giving me advice on how to do it - he made a patch for SkyTest and SIC, which is a very similar mod compatibility situation.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this elsewhere, but I bet this thread gets more views by core contributors, so I'm posting it here too:

With the current STEP Extended installation instructions, there is an issue with this file in Re-Defined Dungeons: candles01.dds.  It overwrites the same file in SMIM and ends up causing the melted wax base texture to go transparent.  The result of that is that candles look like they are floating above what they are supposed to be sitting on - air in between.  I resolved it by using MO's hide function on the file in Re-Defined Dungeons, so the SMIM version of the file would take dominance.  I don't know if it was the best way to fix it, but it sure looked better than how STEP Extended has it currently (without instructions on how to fix the issue).  I suggest that a note is added to the guide to do this, or another solution is used.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

I posted this elsewhere, but I bet this thread gets more views by core contributors, so I'm posting it here too:

With the current STEP Extended installation instructions, there is an issue with this file in Re-Defined Dungeons: candles01.dds.  It overwrites the same file in SMIM and ends up causing the melted wax base texture to go transparent.  The result of that is that candles look like they are floating above what they are supposed to be sitting on - air in between.  I resolved it by using MO's hide function on the file in Re-Defined Dungeons, so the SMIM version of the file would take dominance.  I don't know if it was the best way to fix it, but it sure looked better than how STEP Extended has it currently (without instructions on how to fix the issue).  I suggest that a note is added to the guide to do this, or another solution is used.

Can you provide a location this happens for us to verify.

Sure, for examples, just walk into Dragonsreach and go up to the main dining table and look at the candles there.  Or go into the rooms to the left or right of that room and look at those other types of candles in those rooms.  It looks like the texture for the melted wax base is appearing invisible, so the candles are floating in air over their holders.

Other people were having this issue as well and they keyed me in to where the issue was coming from:

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/2470-part-of-all-candles-drips-missing/

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Sure, for examples, just walk into Dragonsreach and go up to the main dining table and look at the candles there.  Or go into the rooms to the left or right of that room and look at those other types of candles in those rooms.  It looks like the texture for the melted wax base is appearing invisible, so the candles are floating in air over their holders.

Other people were having this issue as well and they keyed me in to where the issue was coming from:

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/2470-part-of-all-candles-drips-missing/

Can you provide a location this happens for us to verify.

My candles are fine and there is no 'candles01.dds' texture in Re-Defined Dungeons (verified by just redownloading it).

Huh?  That doesn't make sense.  When I was examining this, I redownloaded it also to check the original mod and it was in both the one that I had previously installed and the new one that redownloaded.  I think you should check again.

EDIT: actually, I didn't redownload.  I reinstalled... for some reason the copy I previously downloaded had candle files in it.  I just redownloaded the file and now it doesn't have those candle files.  I think the author must have removed them and reuploaded it to the Nexus without changing the version number.  Other people had reported this issue also - in that link I gave.  This is weird.

Edited by oqhansoloqo