[NSFW] STEP Female Body Replacer

EssArrBee

I've been playing since yesterday with the STEP female body replacer alpha, and the neck seam is gone, the base texture choosen is very good indeed! And I must add, it fixes the female bretons also (playing one right now)!

If you can manage to fix the minecraft legs from behind it will be ok for STEP!

Edit:

Also, noticed the textures fixes dunmer so I dont need ethereal elven overhaul and patch it high and low!

Just the vampire issue remains to be sorted, as I said earlier most texture overhauls dont fix it.

Edited by Agnusthemagi

• 2 weeks later...

I was just taken a peak at this but not in game.

I see a ton of chromatic noise probably from compression.

The face looks fine but the chin-neck region is quite colorful.

I believe it would be quite safe to go to a 4k texture

Maybe 2k uncompressed... I don't know you would have to provide examples.

That and the ears and lips are quite pixely/ blurry.

Just my opinion

EDIT: I was comparing to other textures that I had used before. I also understand that it may look completely different in game.

Edited by hishutup

I was just taken a peak at this but not in game.

I see a ton of chromatic noise probably from compression.

The face looks fine but the chin-neck region is quite colorful.

I believe it would be quite safe to go to a 4k texture

Maybe 2k uncompressed... I don't know you would have to provide examples.

That and the ears/ lips are quite pixely.

Just my opinion

You can't compare and judge a texture by looking at it in Photoshop/Gimp...

Okay, I took a look in game...

Its definitely better than but could be better.

That may be a result of it being 2048...

I guess, I was expecting something more defined.

Especially, after seeing this pic (SFW) but I think that is a little over the top.

Edited by hishutup

What does that pic have anything to do with the STEP Female Overhaul? What resolution are you playing at?

I think it's fairly clear you haven't read this thread, but I understand, it's massive. The overhaul is aimed to being a straight vanilla replacement and nothing more. There won't be anything "fancy" in it like the hair and makeup you see in that image. It'll only have some replacement textures and some fixes. The texture itself is straight from Windsong (with a lot of my tweaks and fixes) and the original is 4K. I can provide it at that resolution if needed.

hishutup, please remember that STEP is first and foremost a mod setup that FIXES and IMPROVES the vanilla game.  It specifically avoids trying to change the vanilla feel or textures of the game, but rather just upgrade them to nicer, higher-res textures and fix any obvious errors.

If you want a new body with new textures and super ENB settings that make your character look like something straight out of Photoshop, then this overhaul isn't for you.  

• +1 2

• 5 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank TechAngel85 and anyone else involved into this as it provides an easy and well done solution for those of us who want better looking females and can't be bothered to do much about it.

Two things I noticed, and they might be mentioned, in which case, forgive me, but I can't really read all of the thread:

This overwrites better freckles. That's fine, but it seems to remove them too. Aella had none with this mod for example. A simple solution is to move Better Freckles after it.

Secondly, and this is a bit more complex I suppose, some generic Dark Elf NPCs are no longer grey. With this mod installed they are more erm, brown-ish? Could this be the ENB? (Color turns back to light ash grey if I remove this mod)

Not a huge deal, though, and none of the named NPCs are affected.

Other than that, I loaded up all my favourite female NPCs and they look much better.

Thanks, I haven't actually worked on this project in a long time. The dark elf issue will have to do with tints, at least that would be my first guess. This only provides the base skin texture. The game changes the color of that texture based on race. This can have some strange results and is the reason some character overhauls are race specific.

• 4 weeks later...

@TechAngel85

Thanks for your work on this. I have been using it for a few days now and I really like the changes. It is LOADS better than Vanilla, and I don't have to worry about all the armor clothing compatibility of going to UNP or CBBE. 

Are you still in the Alpha stage on it? Do you have any un-resolved issues you plan to address? Is this going to make it into Step 2.3.0?

I realize you probably haven't been working on it recently. Just wondering if you plan on working on it more in the future.

I'm calling it Beta until I hear from more users on it. You're right, I haven't worked on it in a good while, but I plan on improving it more in the future. Whether or not it'll be in 2.3.0 is yet to be seen. As far as issues, some non-ENB users have reported some issues with neck seams on certain shades of skin tone and some skin tones not looking right. I have to learn more about how the game applies tones to the skin texture, but I'm fairly sure it's with tintmasks because the vanilla game only uses one skin texture for all females and then somehow applies a different color over the top of that texture. The last issue I can think of off the top of my head are mesh issues on the legs and gaps around the underwear which actually requires me learning 3ds Max and character modeling to fix. I hit up Brumbek about it but he never responded so until I have the time to learn that program, the mesh issues will remain.

I've been using this mod since the beginning of my STEP install and I haven't seen any issues with it at all!

Though becuase of that there might be problems I can't see because it's all I've used, but it all looks great to me so whatever.

Oh, and I'm not using a ENB right now if that's useful.

Thanks for all the hard work TechAngel!