Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

A screenshot thread is a fabulous idea! I've updated all the mods in the guide to the currect version numbers, and might even get to play FNV for ten minutes today before I start looking at darthbdaman's Advanced Recon Patches.

Also updated New Vegas Landscape Overhaul to 1.2.1 (fixing a hole in the ground and the floating bulletin board from NVBII).

Never stop mono!

I also think the big nominees I'm still advocating for are equipment restoration and new Vegas expanded crafting.

Edited by Van555

I have a few question about DLCs. Mono's recommendation is to play HH -> OWB -> DM -> LR (OWB and DM can be switched). I am enjoying my time in Mojave now level 17. It is my first playthrough after all. I plan to do only one solid playthrough, unless I have more time in the future.

- Is it better to play some DLCs (HH, OWB and DM) now then come back to Mojave? I am concern that if I level up too much in Mojave, DLC will be less enjoyable. Or the problem can be the opposite? I know that enemy level scales with player, but I still want to know your opinions.

Thanks! 

Edited by darkside

I have a few question about DLCs. Mono's recommendation is to play HH -> OWB -> DM -> LR (OWB and DM can be switched). I am enjoying my time in Mojave now level 17. It is my first playthrough after all. I plan to do only one solid playthrough, unless I have more time in the future.

- Is it better to play some DLCs (HH, OWB and DM) now then come back to Mojave? I am concern that if I level up too much in Mojave, DLC will be less enjoyable. Or the problem can be the opposite? I know that enemy level scales with player, but I still want to know your opinions.

Thanks!

I'm also curious about this because given the rate I've leveled up in the past in my thorough style I would be level 20 by the time I get to novac!

In fallout 3 Xbox I waited until after I finished the main quest and that was unsatisfying.

My provisional plan was to wait until I could get in to the strip but now I'm not so sure...

Edited by Van555

@Van: Trust me, I wouldn't have been able to delve nearly as far into modding as I have without the continued support and general pleasantness of you and the rest of this community. Really appreciate the kind words. 

I'm sorry things have been going a bit slow lately with regards to responding to nominations and the like. It's just been me who's been around for the last two weeks or so, and while I do take every suggestion into consideration, a lot of my time is spent outside of the game, either making mods or dedicated to other projects. Hence it's not really been that easy for me to actively test things, as the first things I've noticed when getting into the game has often been issues with my own mods (especially New Vegas Landscape Overhaul recently).

This is why I thought maybe it would be a good idea to make some sort of makeshift to-do list (for F&L) on one of my user pages (like F&L is on one of SRB's user pages) so that everyone can see what I'm looking into and no ideas get lost in some deep mental drawer, as I so often end up having. Could this be a good idea? All I can say for now is that I intend to give both of your suggestions a more thorough look. 

@darkside: Honest Hearts should be possible to do at any level, but the armor and weapons you come out of there with are quite strong. The best thing is probably to get up and around the recommended levels (15+ for OWB, 20+ for DM and 25+ for LR, though I found OWB a bit harder than that and would actually recommend holding out a bit) do one of the DLCs, go back to the Mojave and do some quests, then do another DLC, making sure not to over-pace either experience. Dead Money challenges you through some other mechanics, not so much as just bullet spongers, so that's going to be tough either way.

It's also worth noting that OWB has a certain enemy that you don't need to kill to complete the DLC, but could be worth returning for afterwards. Which is also perfectly fine to do since F&L includes the Yui mod that makes enemies respawn there. Ultimately I think the best thing is just to trust the game to do it's thing when it comes to its challenging nature, and try not to worry too much.  :^_^:

• +1 1

I have a few question about DLCs. Mono's recommendation is to play HH -> OWB -> DM -> LR (OWB and DM can be switched). I am enjoying my time in Mojave now level 17. It is my first playthrough after all. I plan to do only one solid playthrough, unless I have more time in the future.

Thanks!

It's the same for me too, first playthrough ever. I played DLCs at the order they came out, DM/HH/OWB (LR not yet) and it's the opposite for your question, I leveled up too much in DLCs, level 29 before DM, 49 after the end of OWB. Picked my perks and SPECIAL very carefully with help from these 2 guides: link 1 link 2 and I feel I'm somewhat OP but I didn't cheat so no guilt :P

It's also worth noting that OWB has a certain enemy that you don't need to kill to complete the DLC, but could be worth returning for afterwards. Which is also perfectly fine to do since F&L includes the Yui mod that makes enemies respawn there. Ultimately I think the best thing is just to trust the game to do it's thing when it comes to its challenging nature, and try not to worry too much. :^_^:

[spoiler=Spoiler]You mean mobius right? I talked reason into him and made think tank stay as they were there so shouldn't lobotomites and roboscorpions (tbh I don't know if they respawn, I found only lobotomites after the end) be gone or at least not attack me?

With Yuki's improved teleporter to Big MT though it makes the best base there, I moved from BoS safehouse there.

Edited by Hackerpcs

I have a small problem, some of the landscape textures seems to be clipping, im talking about the mountains and such that are generated as part of lod. 

10jPSab7T2YCfC.gif

Not sure if the gif shows it correctly, but the mountains in the far distance have some rock textures clipping, is there anything that can be done about this?

If the gif is too small, check this link https://gph.is/1RoXB9n , can enrlage it there n its more apparent.

Edited by ZeroSeventy

Firstly gotta say cheers for all the work on this guide guys. Very helpful and interesting.

I'm about to do a new NV playthrough and currently setting up the mods by following Fear and Loathing.

I installed the Weapons Animation Replacers with the Enhanced Camera pack. Now I got a question about this. When installing enh. cam pack my 3rd person animation for rifles changes from the WAR set up.

Was sticking to the installation notes and don't know if its supposed to be like this after the Enh. Cam Pack or maybe I did something wrong / overlooked something in the .ini

Edit: Forget the screens, sorry.

post-9025-0-60813400-1458240544_thumb.jpg

post-9025-0-48166500-1458240781_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gogan

Don't actually use EC, but I think the compatibility pack includes some custom animations so that might be expected. According to the file page it aims to improve the FP experience without sacrificing too much of the 3RDP experience, and I think part of it includes raising the gun in your idle stance.

EDIT: Added darthbdaman's Advanced Recon Patches to the Advanced Recon section, meaning the merge is now at version two.

Should also point out TechAngel85 added some acronyms for us at my request: FNV, F&L and F&LNV.  ::D:

Edited by MonoAccipiter

I would think so. If some of your gear disappears it should be back where you originally found it. ^^

Got it. I will test it out.  I checked the merge instruction. You need to add instruction to hide Advanced Recon Tech.esp from Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision after merging.

UPDATED - I update without any equipment lost.

I edited to wiki instruction to hide Advanced Recon Tech.esp from Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision

Edited by darkside