Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

This author made mod for Nuka Cola and Sas machine replacement as well. They are very different than vanilla style though.

I am done testing the necklace mod. It works perfectly for me. Will release it soon.

I tested the necklace thing two it works well.

• +1 1

A quick thing but irc the darn ui in the guide says it's supposed to me moved but it never specifies where.

I'd actually reccomend adding the book of steel compatibility edition and the power armor distribution mod to the guide. As they both work and would save on plugins.

I may add it myself but I'm so terrible at writing coherent nowadays.

Also the railway mod seems stable though it does overwrite tye rail are made by nv interiors.

I think adding nv interiors Addon by rich wizard should be considered.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness style here but it I'm just realizing there's a lot of cool stuff that could be added I'll come up with a list soonish or even a subpack. Probably call it odds and ends.

Edited by Van555

1. Added the new necklace mod.

2. Tracked Book of Steel compatibility edition.

3. Still haven't looked much at PAD, but the game does already distribute the PA to some extent, it's supposed to be rare lore-wise. Not sure how I feel about the T-60c either - that was a pretty stupid retcon in my opinion - and some of the new armors doesn't really look as good as the default ones with improved textures. Also why did he add back the shoulder guards to the NCR power armor? The whole point of that armor is that they don't have the means to make the hydraulics work - like the BoS - and are wearing non-powered power armor. Power armor training is still a thing so there's no reason why raiders should be sitting on top of any suits. I do love the BoS versions of the Enclave armors, but I don't see how they would matter in a non-TTW setup. The fact that it's all configurable is a huge plus, obviously, but I don't see it adding much when you remove the things I mentioned.

4. What railway mod?

5. I like the idea of NV Interiors Addon and remember looking it over when making NVInteriors Rewritten, but he does add a ton of fluff (loot) and I'm unsure how I feel about all of that. Not really all that encouraged to go diving in those mods again, as they are fairly massive, and the CK is rather terrible at telling you what a plugin changes.

• Added the new necklace mod.

• Tracked Book of Steel compatibility edition.

• Still haven't looked much at PAD, but the game does already distribute the PA to some extent, it's supposed to be rare lore-wise. Not sure how I feel about the T-60c either - that was a pretty stupid retcon in my opinion - and some of the new armors doesn't really look as good as the default ones with improved textures. Also why did he add back the shoulder guards to the NCR power armor? The whole point of that armor is that they don't have the means to make the hydraulics work - like the BoS - and are wearing non-powered power armor. Power armor training is still a thing so there's no reason why raiders should be sitting on top of any suits. I do love the BoS versions of the Enclave armors, but I don't see how they would matter in a non-TTW setup. The fact that it's all configurable is a huge plus, obviously, but I don't see it adding much when you remove the things I mentioned.

• What railway mod?

• I like the idea of NV Interiors Addon and remember looking it over when making NVInteriors Rewritten, but he does add a ton of fluff (loot) and I'm unsure how I feel about all of that. Not really all that encouraged to go diving in those mods again, as they are fairly massive, and the CK is rather terrible at telling you what a plugin changes.

Fair enough really bandits shouldn't have power armor and t60 was a super prosthodontics so why would they be around so much.

Oh that train mod. Same guy who made the crazy Dwemer train stuff for Skyrim. trainwiz really likes trains. He also likes Corn Flakes. I haven't played through it myself but isn't a rather large part of Lonesome Road about the fact that the Long 15 is the only way into the Mojave?

Tracked the crafting mod, it looks interesting enough.

Edited by MonoAccipiter

Oh that train mod. Same guy who made the crazy Dwemer train stuff for Skyrim. trainwiz really likes trains. He also likes Corn Flakes. I haven't played through it myself but isn't a rather large part of Lonesome Road about the fact that the Long 15 is the only way into the Mojave?.

I think kimball was involved in a bullhead campaign and the railway is there but I'm not 100% sure

Shoot did we solve the issue of the guide never telling us where to move darn ui

Can only a premium member message someone? Because I really want to ask dree74 for permission to extract the lonesome road more perks from deserters fortress but I can't message him.

Edited by Van555

Shoot did we solve the issue of the guide never telling us where to move darn ui

Can only a premium member message someone? Because I really want to ask dree74 for permission to extract the lonesome road more perks from deserters fortress but I can't message him.

You don't need to be premium member to send message. He may have full inbox or disable messaging.

My god, trying to learn Blender after working in 3DS Max is horrible. All I wanted was to fix the massive collision box for the ruined buildings New Vegas Landscape Overhaul uses. Fixing the ADAM meshes is going to be a PITA:dry:

@Van, would you mind checking the building next to the NCR tents in Primm for a floating notice board? Need to figure out what mod adds that.  :ermm:

My god, trying to learn Blender after working in 3DS Max is horrible. All I wanted was to fix the massive collision box for the ruined buildings New Vegas Landscape Overhaul uses. Fixing the ADAM meshes is going to be a PITA:dry:

@Van, would you mind checking the building next to the NCR tents in Primm for a floating notice board? Need to figure out what mod adds that.  :ermm:

Dang I'm in the middle of a reinstall because my mega merges got too messy!

Curse my perfectionism!

Darnified UI is moved at some point right? I'm trying to solve my inability to press y and use rad-away with the controller when you bring up Status.

Edit: I think the issue was advanced recon

Edited by Van555