Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I see. Well, I'll probably have a new version up tomorrow or so. Having a lock on the door was a good idea in any case.

I'm probably going to look into the Rangers on Patrol stuff at some point, because I don't really like that there are Veteran Rangers about before the bulk of them gets called up from Baja. Also, how do you feel about the shoulderguards for the Prototype Riot Gear? They've always put me off from using the armor because they clip so heavily with the coat, and I'll probably end up making a custom mesh for my equipment pack in any case, but I was wondering if I should make the default version exclude them and just offer the old mesh as an optional download.

Only the incomplete stuff right (including the recipes)? It's a good idea, but I'd like to have the base mod as simple as possible, so I'll remove it for now (you can just copy it over in FNVEdit again in any case). I was probably going to remove the Riot Gear Recipe in any case.

You'll probably want the already included versions to be the incomplete, so you won't have to change the cell placements, I'd think.

Aww man... Oh well probably for the best balance wise.

Man this is an exciting time for FLNV

Edited by Van555

Not sure what you should do about the old meshes. I never really remember having that issue and I used that armor quite a bit. I wouldn't get rid of them because someone will want to use them.

I will probably just make the mesh point to the textures (which it should have in the first place, since it was a special mesh for the Prototype Riot Gear) instead of using texture sets, and you can download the new one as an optional if you prefer it (like me).

@Van: You telling me a medium armor with higher DT than Remnants Power Armor hidden behind an unlocked door near Novac isn't balanced?  :woot:

Do any of the mods in F&L restore any of the cut Sierra Madre caravan cards? I'm revising the entire Helios Workshop (place looked like the inside of a trash can) and thought maybe it would be neat to clutter it with some of the unavailable cards, but I don't think I'll bother if some other mod restores them.

Yeah, the terminal note pretty much confirms that. I might make a new recipe for it, and have the original armor be missing though, as the note also seems to indicate that he might use it as a disguise (i.e. insinuating that he used it to slip away when the NCR took Helios One). I've rewritten the note - it didn't really sound like Elijah, and people really need to learn that you don't write "..." in your own notes when you're unsure about how to formulate something - but kept that reference.

Yep, you were right, one of Yui's mods restores them as a surprise item. Still means it's really hard to collect them though, so I'll just add like 3 of them as clutter in the workshop next to the map that says "Went to Sierra Madre". Also added a bomb collar static as a hint of things to come.  ::D:

Edited by MonoAccipiter

Yeah, the terminal note pretty much confirms that. I might make a new recipe for it, and have the original armor be missing though, as the note also seems to indicate that he might use it as a disguise (i.e. insinuating that he used it to slip away when the NCR took Helios One). I've rewritten the note - it didn't really sound like Elijah, and people really need to learn that you don't write "..." in your own notes when you're unsure about how to formulate something - but kept that reference.

Reminds me of the monty Python ahhh bit.

Do you think we should integrate the equipment restoration mod now that it's compatible with wmx?

I would nominate it.

Also Mojavee rooftops, the starting towns reborn series and yui's more containers more loot/ ownerless trash.

Edited by Van555
  • +1 1