Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I get a missing meshes exclamation sign when i put on the Riot Prototype helmet on. The other helmets is ok. 

Any suggestions what i can do to remedy this little annoyance.

https://imgur.com/ey1swJd

NCR ranger veteran also has missing meshes.

https://imgur.com/cAUpk5k

oh no. what should i reinstall do you think?

Edited by nexuspolaris

"textures/clutter/museum/tracklighting01.dds" was causing issues for me.

I will hide this texture for now. I can't find in in game. Haven't gone far rebuilding the New Bison Steve Hotel. The texture looks fine in GIMP.

-------------

I have unrelated questions. I want to remove Nuka Cola Machine mod. It causes significant performance problem even indoor (Drop to 30-40 FPS). I plan to use it for only texture replacer. 

1) Is it safe to do so? The plugin contains simple records and one very simple script. I am worried because I had problem when removing scripted mod from Skyrim. 

2) Should I use dummy/blank plugin (esp) to replace NukaCola-Ojo.esp, so the rest of the load order stay in the same positions/order?

I read that FNV is more tolerated to scripted mod removal than Skyrim. Just would like to check with you guys here.

This is the script from Nuka Cola mod

ScriptName aavendingmachineburstScript

short DoOnce

BEGIN OnLoad

if DoOnce == 0
do 1
placeatme aamachineburstsparks 5
set DoOnce to 1
endif

END 

@nexuspolaris: Both the ADAM patches should be mergeable into the Bashes Patch.

@darkside: Since that's an object script that begins OnLoad, meaning when you enter the cell with the object the script is attached to, there shouldn't be any issues with removing the mod. Looks like it uses the same .nif file too, so just move the plugin to optional plugins in MO's left pane and see how that works, no need for a dummy plugin (those are mostly just used to load .bsa files). It won't explode anymore, but I honestly can't remember blowing up a vending machine before in any case.

• +1 1

@nexuspolaris: Both the ADAM patches should be mergeable into the Bashes Patch.

@darkside: Since that's an object script that begins OnLoad, meaning when you enter the cell with the object the script is attached to, there shouldn't be any issues with removing the mod. Looks like it uses the same .nif file too, so just move the plugin to optional plugins in MO's left pane and see how that works, no need for a dummy plugin (those are mostly just used to load .bsa files). It won't explode anymore, but I honestly can't remember blowing up a vending machine before in any case.

Thanks! I think instruction to use texture replacer only, may be appropriate to the guide as alternative method to use this mod without performance lost. 

Edited by darkside

I think I'm getting what might be a somewhat common issue with FCO..I followed the guide and made the .ini tweaks,also the install order, but some NPCs have grayed out eyes that are stuck looking to the right..and some races of NPCs have mixed head and bodies. 

This isn't a problem that's regularly occurring, but it's common enough to break immersion. Is there a fix?

I think I'm getting what might be a somewhat common issue with FCO..I followed the guide and made the .ini tweaks,also the install order, but some NPCs have grayed out eyes that are stuck looking to the right..and some races of NPCs have mixed head and bodies. 

This isn't a problem that's regularly occurring, but it's common enough to break immersion. Is there a fix?

Try this.

• +1 1

I wonder if I my ask for some trouble-shooting from anyone here running MO on a Win 7 machine?

A user over on Nexus is experiencing odd graphical glitches that require a soft reboot whenever he mouses over a save in MO's 'Saves' tab. He's got a TTW setup and, from I've managed to find from him, it looks like an issue with Windows Aero.

Anyone seen anything remotely similar?

Try this.

Will try it out. I noticed a few NPCs keep looking to the right.

Updated on a necklace mod. I got all permission needed. Will share link here this afternoon for anyone that want to test it out. It will distribute necklace to all NPC that does not have necklace. It will not fix wrong necklace on NPC that you have already encountered. It works well with my current play through.