Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Good thing about adding in the extra optionals now available is that the merged end product of Roberts Male Body still only contains one plugin.  There are a couple optionals where the modder must make a choice.  Here is the list that Mikaal provided:

1. Roberts New Vegas Main - Underwear 3_3
2. Roberts Courier's Stash DLC Patch 3_3
3. Roberts Dead Money DLC Patch 3_3
4. Roberts Honest Hearts DLC Patch-Underwear 3_3
5. Roberts Lonesome Road DLC Patch 3_3
6. Roberts Old World Blues DLC Patch-Underwear 3_3
7. Roberts Pipboy Fix 3_3
8. Roberts Hairy Patch 3_3 (If you want the body to have more hairs)
9. Roberts Dirty Raiders 3_3 (If you want no tattoos!)

My main file is the underwear version, same as this... but I chose the naked DLC versions otherwise and also the sexy legion optional (not mentioned above at all).  The reason is because I think that it does make sense that there would not be underwear underneath most of the outfits in those cases (hospital gown, tribal garb, roman-style kilts/skirts...).  One thing that happens though (in my set up), is after the outfit is removed from a dead body that was wearing it, the outfitless body has underwear.  A minor discrepancy...  If I make changes to the guide, should I list the underwear versions but then afterwards place a note in to point out where non-underwear versions can be alternately used?  How do people feel about that?  What do the underwear versions even look like - (in the case of a tribal outfit) would it be like there was a cock-gourd on top of a pair of visible boxer shorts sticking out the side?  lol  I never compared...

Other than that, I happen to prefer the new hairy bodies as they look much more realistic.  I also prefer raiders to be dirty-looking over having tattoos.  I will definitely be adding those optionals to the guide.

I am in the process of updating the guide...  One thing I came across is the fact that the newer version of enb includes "AutodetectVideoMemorySize".  Do we want this feature set to "true", and then change "VideoMemorySizeMb" to "VideoMemorySizeMb="?  Or do we want to set it to "false", and then change "VideoMemorySizeMb=" to the VRAM amount?  Or even further... should this be updated to reflect STEP's Skyrim instructions to:

all 32-bit users and 64-bit users with less than 8GB system RAM, set to formula: [Dedicated Video Memory] + [system RAM] − 2048
64-bit users with ≥ 8GB system RAM, set to formula: [Total Available Graphics Memory] − [170 (for Win7) or 350 (for Win8+)]"

?

I will leave this part of the ENBoost instructions alone for now, until I can get some feedback from someone with more intimate knowledge of this.  I would like to modify this soon though, since the instructions currently mention nothing about the "AutodetectVideoMemorySize" setting.

I am in the process of updating the guide...  One thing I came across is the fact that the newer version of enb includes "AutodetectVideoMemorySize".  Do we want this feature set to "true", and then change "VideoMemorySizeMb" to "VideoMemorySizeMb="?  Or do we want to set it to "false", and then change "VideoMemorySizeMb=" to the VRAM amount?  Or even further... should this be updated to reflect STEP's Skyrim instructions to:

all 32-bit users and 64-bit users with less than 8GB system RAM, set to formula: [Dedicated Video Memory] + [system RAM] − 2048

64-bit users with ≥ 8GB system RAM, set to formula: [Total Available Graphics Memory] − [170 (for Win7) or 350 (for Win8+)]"

?

I will leave this part of the ENBoost instructions alone for now, until I can get some feedback from someone with more intimate knowledge of this.  I would like to modify this soon though, since the instructions currently mention nothing about the "AutodetectVideoMemorySize" setting.

I'd change it to false and use Boris's Vram Tool to get the numbers for VideoMemorySizeMb. That seems to be the easiest solution for the majority of users.

I have played a little with entering Camp Searchlight and fighting enemies there, including 1 glowing ghoul, and I have not experienced any issues. [...] How frequent are your CTDs and could it be that I haven't spent enough time in Camp Searchlight to notice crashes?

They weren't exactly frequent, as I said

random with no explanation and "save resistant", if you trigger something (I don't know what) your game will permanently crash on searchlight.

My main file is the underwear version, same as this... but I chose the naked DLC versions otherwise and also the sexy legion optional (not mentioned above at all). The reason is because I think that it does make sense that there would not be underwear underneath most of the outfits in those cases (hospital gown, tribal garb, roman-style kilts/skirts...). One thing that happens though (in my set up), is after the outfit is removed from a dead body that was wearing it, the outfitless body has underwear. A minor discrepancy... If I make changes to the guide, should I list the underwear versions but then afterwards place a note in to point out where non-underwear versions can be alternately used? How do people feel about that? What do the underwear versions even look like - (in the case of a tribal outfit) would it be like there was a cock-gourd on top of a pair of visible boxer shorts sticking out the side? lol I never compared...

Other than that, I happen to prefer the new hairy bodies as they look much more realistic. I also prefer raiders to be dirty-looking over having tattoos. I will definitely be adding those optionals to the guide.

IMO use underwear for all and also Pipboy fix, hairy patch (much more realistic) and dirty raiders (better than tatoos). Adult (nude and sexy legion) could be added as optionals.

"Bypass the unnecessary startup splash screens" is the best tweak I've seen so far :D

Edited by Hackerpcs

OK.  So I updated a lot of little things in the guide.  Some parts of the guide that still need updating: 1. "NV Interiors a Room with a View" and 2. "Interior Lighting Overhaul".  The reason I did not update #1 is because I have not seen the changes myself in the game yet - I have yet to get to New Vegas.  The reason I did not update #2 is because the changes are pretty extensive and I just did not feel comfortable giving the A-OK on it.  The old versions are also available.  Given those facts, I did not feel comfortable updating the guide to the newest version for those mods, even though I myself have the newest versions installed.

In addition to this, I feel that FCO should be placed after NVR3.  Otherwise, Willow's eyes look very very strange and it seems to me that there are more obvious head/body color mismatching.  I didn't make this change because someone here previously informed me that EssArrBee prefers that NVR3 come after FCO.

What I personally prefer as well are these mod replacements: Electo-City replaced by Simple Street Lights, and Nevada Skies replaced by Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement.

Oh, and I just remembered this...  Instructions to use the Generate Bash Tags script should be added to the guide (and I'll plan on doing this soon - perhaps tomorrow or the next day), but I'm going to bed now.  Goodnight.  Oh yeah, and I'm adding my name to the bottom of the guide specifically to give myself props for helping out with the guide.  lol

I'm all for replacing Electro-City and Nevada skies for Simple Streetlights and RWLE.

I'm using both in my TTW playtrough and they work superb, RWLE is a really improvement over Nevada Skies, and Simple Streetlights is not as heavy as electro-city, is not probably as immersive as electro-city (who fixes the lights in simple streetligths?) but it works for me.

I'm all for replacing Electro-City and Nevada skies for Simple Streetlights and RWLE.

I'm using both in my TTW playtrough and they work superb, RWLE is a really improvement over Nevada Skies, and Simple Streetlights is not as heavy as electro-city, is not probably as immersive as electro-city (who fixes the lights in simple streetligths?) but it works for me.

I find that Electro-City makes far less sense. Personally I think that Simple Streetlights makes as much sense as it can. If we're asking questions then I want to know how is there running water literally everywhere? :P I found Electro-City to be extremely intrusive as a mod. 

I find that Electro-City makes far less sense. Personally I think that Simple Streetlights makes as much sense as it can. If we're asking questions then I want to know how is there running water literally everywhere? :P I found Electro-City to be extremely intrusive as a mod.

It makes sense because NCR controls the dam, having the power to have an electric military department with power stations with technicians all over their controlled area (I found at least 3-4 of them). If Legion defeats NCR on the 2nd battle of dam I doubt these a-holes will care about street lights though lol

I am against a simple street lights mod, where does the power come from?

About water, Mojave desert wasn't hit by many nukes like the capital of US Washington (Soviet/Russian ICBMs are aimed at known ICBM launch sites mainly and secondly on main cities, not deserts), the area is not irradiated as is the one on FO3 and there is a huge supply of clean water supply (Lake Mead) when in DC a whole war has waged for this exact purpose, clean water.

Some parts of the guide that still need updating: 1. "NV Interiors a Room with a View" and 2. "Interior Lighting Overhaul". The reason I did not update #2 is because the changes are pretty extensive and I just did not feel comfortable giving the A-OK on it. The old versions are also available. Given those facts, I did not feel comfortable updating the guide to the newest version for those mods, even though I myself have the newest versions installed.

Well when I started F&L from scratch 6.9 was already out so I just picked Mod Organizer version and the process was identical (except extra quests like DEIMOS and Bounties because I did not install them), no problem with 110 hours of playtime

And a direct comparison of NVSkies vs RWLE (Main + Interior Weather Sounds optional file) on morning, 2pm and night. On morning and 2pm there are two "weathers" for NVskies

Morning Nevada Skies:

https://i.imgur.com/oNtd6Mr.png

https://i.imgur.com/dWUaMVy.png

Morning RWLE:

https://i.imgur.com/XLH2WRs.png

2pm Nevada Skies:

https://i.imgur.com/hA9ieIt.png

https://i.imgur.com/1zgB5mp.png

2pm RWLE:

https://i.imgur.com/2AYRWmF.png

Night Nevada Skies:

https://i.imgur.com/bSIsDcZ.png

Night RWLE:

https://i.imgur.com/KgMlU5j.png

Make your choice :P

Personally I will keep NVSkies for now

Also two mods I use also

Weapon Stat Viewer

Better Smoke and Ballistics (Default Muzzleflash, Clear Smoke)

Edited by Hackerpcs

It makes sense because NCR controls the dam, having the power to have an electric military department with power stations with technicians all over their controlled area (I found at least 3-4 of them). If Legion defeats NCR on the 2nd battle of dam I doubt these a-holes will care about street lights though lol

I am against a simple street lights mod, where does the power come from?

About water, Mojave desert wasn't hit by many nukes like the capital of US Washington (Soviet/Russian ICBMs are aimed at known ICBM launch sites mainly and secondly on main cities, not deserts), the area is not irradiated as is the one on FO3 and there is a huge supply of clean water supply (Lake Mead) when in DC a whole war has waged for this exact purpose, clean water.

Well, we could go into a long argument with this one. My main point was that there are some parts of the game that makes sense more than others. You will have to take your pick. Personally I find that Electro-City is very intrusive. Not only that but there are several parts of the mod that are broken. I prefer SSL and I can make up explanations in my head as to where the power comes from. What I can't do is come up with reasons as to why there is hundreds of speechless technicians around the wasteland and the NCR never speaks of them. It all comes down to personal taste. 

Well the mod author could improve that (make e.g. a roaming team of technicians instead of having too many, add some dialog options to NCR NPCs or even voiced dialog) but the main idea makes sense at least to me.

What parts of it are broken?

Edited by Hackerpcs

Well, we could go into a long argument with this one. My main point was that there are some parts of the game that makes sense more than others. You will have to take your pick. Personally I find that Electro-City is very intrusive. Not only that but there are several parts of the mod that are broken. I prefer SSL and I can make up explanations in my head as to where the power comes from. What I can't do is come up with reasons as to why there is hundreds of speechless technicians around the wasteland and the NCR never speaks of them. It all comes down to personal taste. 

This is why I was suggesting SSL over Electro-City.  There have been compatibility issues reported as a result of things that Electro-City edits whereas I have heard of zero issues with SSL.  Also, a simple way to justify SSL - solar power technology built into each light to power the light at night.

I was just about to start adding a step into the guide about running the Generate Bash Tags script, but discovered that the EssArrBee's link to the script no longer works.  Does anyone know of a way to get the script online?  If there's no way to share the script, then it's pointless for me to mention how to use it in the guide.

I was just about to start adding a step into the guide about running the Generate Bash Tags script, but discovered that the EssArrBee's link to the script no longer works.  Does anyone know of a way to get the script online?  If there's no way to share the script, then it's pointless for me to mention how to use it in the guide.

It looks like @fireundubh, who is the author of the script, has removed his repos from view. That's a worry. I never cloned his repo so I don't have copy, here's hoping SRB does.