Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Not sure if this has been discussed but the Higher Companion Level Cap mod resets the appearance of companions back to vanilla, is there anyway to get it to play nice with NVR3

I think if you put the HCLC on the left of mod organizer to be before NVR3 the appearance from NVR3 will stick.

For implementing into the guide I recommend the Drugs are bad mmkay mod https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36163/? which makes it so that every drug or injection you use gives you a different screen effect. It adds a touch of realisim if I do say so myself.

The problem is it gets merged into Yukis merged mod so its not as simple as placing it before NVR3. The author does say that this can be remedied by creating a bashed patch but seeing as how I have one and the problem persists, I'm going to say that's probably not the fix. I wonder though has anyone else noticed this problem. 

The problem is it gets merged into Yukis merged mod so its not as simple as placing it before NVR3. The author does say that this can be remedied by creating a bashed patch but seeing as how I have one and the problem persists, I'm going to say that's probably not the fix. I wonder though has anyone else noticed this problem. 

It is the fix, you just probably need to do more than just create the merged patch. Open it in xEdit and look for the references, then compare them to the mods and you should be able to see what is overwriting what, and how to fix that.

I think when using NVR you need to at least be prepared to make a patch in FNVEdit to resolve those kinds of conflicts, even after using a Bashed Patch.

I think when using NVR you need to at least be prepared to make a patch in FNVEdit to resolve those kinds of conflicts, even after using a Bashed Patch.

You could make a patch to do that, it wouldn't be THAT hard to do, but once you've got your mod setup for your playthrough, editing the bashed patch will also keep the plugin count down.

I know that Gopher updated his mods when UIO came out, and I'm going through an install of mods at the moment, and I've noticed that the Advanced Recon Trap Detection mod now has 4 .esp files as well as the .esm. Detect Traps.esm, Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp, Detect Traps - DLC.esp, Detect Traps - Perk.esp and Detect Traps - Traponator 4000.esp.

I'm not sure if it's possible to merge Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp into the other 3 esp's (following the guide it can't be done, as the .esp file requires Advanced Recon Tech.esm as a master which isn't installed until the Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision mod and thus won't load in FNVEdit) but for the moment I've left it unmerged.

I was considering that, but thought it better to keep the 2 different mods separate, just in case I decide to play around with them later.

On a side note, Interior Lighting Overhaul has been updated to 6.9 and has an MO friendly install version (except it doesn't seem to be that MO friendly, really). I haven't had too much of a chance to take a good look yet, but it seems it has ILO and every patch in the one file now, which I'm not sure is a good thing...

Edit: Nevermind, once you extract the FOMOD and create a new archive, it runs an installer which seems to work properly.

Edited by daemondai

Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp gets merged into the Bashed Patch, that's why there are not instructions to merge it with the other plugins. Also for ILO 6.9 you need to extract the .fomod from the zip and install that with MO.

Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp gets merged into the Bashed Patch, that's why there are not instructions to merge it with the other plugins. Also for ILO 6.9 you need to extract the .fomod from the zip and install that with MO.

I got ILO sorted, but I still wouldn't call it MO friendly exactly. And they even say that it is for MO. Thanks for the heads up about the bashed patch merge, I'm trying to keep the plugin count to a minimum so I can play around with getting some other mods working.

I'm getting mismatched body textures with Robert's bodies. There's no BSA to untick anymore. Any suggestions?

Edit: M anagedto fix my issues with the procedure outline in this post. Might want to add that to the guide.

Edited by MosAnted