Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

I just re-merged the New Vegas Uncut mods and realized that some sound mod files from A Wilder Wasteland didn't get merged (ie - Sound/Voice/*.*), yet the instructions in the guide say to disable the mod after merging.  Is this correct?

Good idea to reinstall those mods on a re-merge. I had to do it to get them to work right.

Yeah... I started trying to head off in other directions but it ends up freezing/hanging after a few minutes of wandering around.  NVAC logs give me no information really so I don't have much to go off of.

Alright, lets start by deleting the INIs. Go to the Documents\My Games\FNV and delete the vanilla INIs. Then dtart the game launcher normally from Steam. Now go into MO\profiles\<profile name> and deleter the INIs. Then start the launcher from MO, but don't start the game. Setup your settings for graphics. Then Try starting the game up normally as you were before with the 4GB Loader and see if you get the freeze.

Alright, lets start by deleting the INIs. Go to the Documents\My Games\FNV and delete the vanilla INIs. Then dtart the game launcher normally from Steam. Now go into MO\profiles\<profile name> and deleter the INIs. Then start the launcher from MO, but don't start the game. Setup your settings for graphics. Then Try starting the game up normally as you were before with the 4GB Loader and see if you get the freeze.

Same thing.  Honestly I'm at the point where I am considering deleting everything and starting over.  I'll just keep the downloads folder and vanilla optimized textures and see if maybe I'm missing something somehow.

The sound folders in Voice are named after the plugin being used for them. You should have Sound\Voice\NV Uncut Merged.esp\<more Folders>...

The original mod would have Sound\Voice\awilderwasteland.esp\<more folders>...

MO won't see the conflict since the folder name changed, you gotta check it manually.

For whatever reason, setting ReduceSystemMemoryUsage to equal True is causing weird stuttering/hitching problems for certain people. There seems to be no explanation as to why this is; as well as to no correlation between people who are having the issue. I have read people having this issue over on the Nexus as well. I have talked to Boris about it, and he cannot fix the issue as he cannot replicate it. :\

It was doing that to me when EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks was set to false.  I put it on true and it seemed to fix the issue.  If I run into issues with that setting then I'll just not use ENBoost.  

Still in the process of trying the guide out for the 3rd time and running through the tutorial quest each time I finish the section.  Going to take a while but hopefully the game will stop freezing on me once I'm finished this time.

I may spin off ENB/ENBoost from the guide onto another page so it's optional.

ENBoost gets rid of most memory related crashes and freezes and ILS, but at the expense of difficult troubleshooting and lower performance.

It looks to me like it's in the same situation as Rotface to Riches, so why isn't it treated the same in the guide instructions?

EDIT:  Also, "NV InteriorsProject A Room With A View" is at version 2.1 now.

EDIT2: And "Willow - A Better Companion Experience" is at version 1.09 now.

Not sure waht you mean by same situation. Could you expand on that?

I know those were updated, but I haven't test Room With A View since it added two suites since I last played. I must have missed Willow though, I'll have to add that tonight.

Not sure waht you mean by same situation. Could you expand on that?

Uncut 2,3,4, and 7 are only esps.  They merge completely into the merged package, so after creating the merged package those mods can be completely disabled.  Uncut 1 (Rotface to Riches) and 5 (A Wilder Wasteland) include other files.  Uncut 1's other files are sound files and none of them end up in the merged package, so Uncut 1 must remain enabled... but, since the esp does merge that part should be disabled (by placing it into "optional" folder) to save from using an extra plugin.  Uncut 5's other files include 1 texture file and 9 sound files.  The texture file and only one of the sound files end up in the merged package.  There are 8 remaining sound files that do not end up in the merged package.  One of the ...

Forget all this above - I just reinstalled the offending parts of the situation and figured out the problem.  Basically, the problem is that the changelog states that "Returning should be able to re-merge the files without issue.", but this is not the case.  Uncut 5 (and possibly Uncut 1) must be reinstalled before merging again.  That was the problem.  You should change the changelog to say that everyone should re-install Uncut 5 (maybe Uncut 1 too).