Fear and Loathing in New Vegas - Feedback

Ah that makes sense.

I noticed a few of the mods in the guide were uploaded somewhere other than nexus (due to them being either unavailable on nexus or removed) is there some archive elsewhere that is worth knowing about?

Its a shame that sometimes mods just disappear; especially when others require it, sometimes you get lucky and can find them elsewhere (like Lings on Moddb).

Alright this is is what I got planned for the weather mods. It's only two right now, but I'm going to add Project Reality soon.

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:EssArrBee/FalloutNewVegas_Weather_Mods

Tell me what you guys think.

Looks good, I've played around with Nevada Skies and the effects and ambiance are great. Really adds a layer of tension when the weather is so bad you can't even see the enemy creeping up on you.

RWL seems nice, the ease of install and minimal nature will definitely appeal to some.

Edited by Evolution0

The VGU packs? Looks like someone uploaded them elsewhere, good news for me I guess. 

Oh wow it really is huge, 1.56GB of nothing but armor.

Edit: Thought I would mention this as I was just rebuilding my patch after adding some mods, it seems Wrye Flash NV has a habit of re-enabling the Lock Times option every time you restart it, might be a write permissions issue under Windows 8.1 (Permissions are a PITA on Win 8)

Edit2: And there is no Downloads folder containing a Bashed Patch, 0.esp in the newer version, there is however a Templates directory containing one. 

Edited by Evolution0

For oHUD there are options for it to activate when pressing right click under Immersive Hud in MCM but these only work when the weapon is out.  If my weapon is holstered pressing right click does not enable the HUD elements.  Is that pretty normal?

Thank you for the guide!  I've mostly ironed out my crashing issues I think.  I deactivated a few months to be under the plugin limit and refrained from making a bashed patch and that seems to have fixed what I was dealing with for the most part.

Found a solution for the framerate drop caused by the Crossbow mod: there is no need to remove the entire worldspace record from the mod to avoid the framerate drop, you just have to remove the subrecord for the container in goodsprings (is called DasContainer if i remember correctly) and the relative reference into the FormID record. This way you just remove the weapon from Goodsprings without touching the record that is used as reference for the script.

• +1 1

Alrighty.

Whats is your opinion on OONV? I was kind of surprised to not see it in the guide as pretty much all the aspects of guns was covered besides the optics.

And what about weapon packs Like AG Supplementary Uniques and Project Weaponry? Too much bloat for this setup?

OONV has some Incompatibilities with essential mods in F&L as stated by the mod author as followed

"Project Nevada - No scope zooming (This removes the "Has Scope" flag) but no other issues

WMX/WME - Massive issues, incompatible. (Try loading before this plugin? Not sure if that will work)

EVE - Texture issues, do not use EVE laser rifle textures/meshes and load before this file."

Edited by predator42393n

Just a heads up for ILO they have an option for the Willow mod should we install that too, I'm just asking because I had to do a reinstall of ILO and it gives an option for it same page as NVB1 and 2

Yeah, I'd install. It's probably for the tent and bungalow.

I love Nevada Skies but it gives ma a fairly big fps hit (15+) when it starts raining of when a sand/radstorm is raging.

I almost deactivate these storms every time but I wonder if it can't be tweaked?

RWL has less performance impact.

OONV has some Incompatibilities with essential mods in F&L as stated by the mod author as followed

"Project Nevada - No scope zooming (This removes the "Has Scope" flag) but no other issues

WMX/WME - Massive issues, incompatible. (Try loading before this plugin? Not sure if that will work)

EVE - Texture issues, do not use EVE laser rifle textures/meshes and load before this file."

Shame, looked like a really good mod but I'm not willing to ditch any of those mods.

Found a solution for the framerate drop caused by the Crossbow mod: there is no need to remove the entire worldspace record from the mod to avoid the framerate drop, you just have to remove the subrecord for the container in goodsprings (is called DasContainer if i remember correctly) and the relative reference into the FormID record. This way you just remove the weapon from Goodsprings without touching the record that is used as reference for the script.

If the author would just move those references to a test cell or interior cell it would be fine.

Shame, looked like a really good mod but I'm not willing to ditch any of those mods.

Yeah, not sure if ditch WMX, PN, and EVE just for some cool scopes.

Is the Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp still meant to be moved to Optional ESPs with the newest update ?

I meant to look at it last night but I got stuck testing some Skyrim stuff. I'll try to remember today. The reason you could hide it was that the bashed patch took care of merging everything for you.