No Snow Under the Roof (by Prometheus)

Allsunday

As far as I can see, there was only a minor incompatibility with Realistic Room Rental (I just copied the records from Prometheus's mod to overide the three spots in the nightingale inn) and one place where ELFX exteriors overwrote something (I merged them).  In short, that's more or less about as clean as a mod can reasonably be expected to be.

Havent tried in game yet.

Needs a patch to work fine (I hope) with Expanded Winterhold Destruction Ruins (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8333/?) and that thing at nightgate inn is weird... 

Without the mod and with the mod (with elfx, with elfx and patch and even patch only nothing changes - It seems there is an invisible walkway for those who dont understand the image, test it out ingame)

I may have screwed up at some point, so someone confirm this.

EDIT: Ooohhhhh it's a conflict with realistic room rental :p I'll try to patch it and post the results here.

EDIT2: For ELFX Exteriors it's a pretty simple patch for the frostflow lighthouse and for EWDR should be simple as well. About RRR, as the expanded version makes a massive overhaul of this inn (and old hroldan too, haven't check that one out yet) a patch has to be done by someone who actually knows what they're doing or the mod author. For now, I'll make do with the basic RRR which should have these issues.

EDIT3: (It will never end mwahahah) I have finished the patches, if I cannot upload and share them, I'll share my knowledge of how to do them (it's incredibly hard, just forward everything from NSUtR to a patch xD)

Edited by Gandaganza

He's a mod fixing machine.  Didn't he just get done helping fix up Immersive Armors (or was it something else?)

Yes, I contributed about 421 meshe fixes for IA 7.1. Mostly quality improvements like this or that. But also a lot of collision fixes. In IA 7.1 all shields have fitting collision depending on their shape -> Comparison.  

Even before the BDS patch, you could have used "Snow Shader Fix" instead - that's what I use instead of BDS anyway...

Yep, but it has the problem that it exchanges vanilla shader on objects BDS avoids to touch, because the textured shader can't be displayed on them. If you don't care about objects with missing snow layer, use it. Otherwise I would recommend to stick with BDS.

Edited by lifestorock

Welcome to the forums, Lifestorock ::): Glad to have you here. 

If you send a message to z929669 on Nexus to confirm your identity (sorry, it's a standard procedure), you'll get a nice Mod Author's badge here on STEP. Make yourself at home  :thumbsup: 

I know this is probably just juvenile on my part, but the reason I haven't installed ETaC and REGS Pack is because I don't want to have interiors that don't have the ELFX effects. It's immersion-breaking for me :-/

EDIT: I will probably end up installing all of that though. It seems pretty worth it for exterior looks anyway. I've just been using 'Better Town Textures':https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46121/?

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...